Opinion on two tire choices...

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Opinion on two tire choices...

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 am

I will finally be getting new tires that will be going on my powdercoated silverstones (ya, those that I got done over a year ago :lol:).

The two choices I came across are:

Bridgestone Potenza G 019
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

The G019 is more commuter friendly, it seems, while the sport one is more for performance. I'm not looking for anything crazy, and Bridgestone is doing this rebate till the end of the month (which is why I'm sticking with Bridgestones). The Sports have [a little] better wet/dry traction, while the G019 has a better treadwear and a mileage warranty. Thoughts? Opinions? I'll be running a 205/50 tire size.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 am

That question is best answered by you. What kind of driving will you be doing? Is this a DD? If so, will it be driven year round? What are the road conditions like? What kind of weather will the tires have to deal with?

With that info, look at the specs and reviews of both tires and see which one fits the bill.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 am

It is gonna go on my DD, and we don't get much snow... At least we didn't last year. Mostly wet and dry conditions. Roads are slightly rough, but I do my best to avoid as much of those harsh conditions since I'm lowered (and who knows if my struts are done lol).

Anyway, I watched some test videos on tire rack, but customer reviews are always sporadic... "These are the BEST tires everrrr!"' or "These are horrible! They only last me 437 miles!"

Anyone here have experience with these tires? Lol.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am

I hear ya. While they can be helpful, used reviews do tend to be all over the place.

IMO, go with the best performance tire you can without sacrificing too much comfort or safety. I haven't tried either of those two tires, so I can't offer anything more helpful I'm afraid.

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Alright, so I'm gonna go with the RE760 Sports. I'll be ordering them next week, and they'll be out on the silverstones hopefully the week after that.

Thanks for all the awesome replies!

:lol:

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah, mine not so awesome :lol:. Traffic has been really light on the site for a while.

Return to “Wheels / Tires”