will Rota G force 17s fit my 05 sxt lowered 2in?

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
zippy941
n00b

will Rota G force 17s fit my 05 sxt lowered 2in?

Post by zippy941 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:14 pm

hey im new to the forum, and modding cars.
I have an 05 SXT that i just ordered megan springs for. (~2 in drop)
Its stock suspension wise other than the springs which i have yet to install. Im wanting to get bigger rims to fill the wheel well. I found 17" rota G forces on craigs for 400$ with tires. I know it depends on what tires are on them (im not sure, waiting on his response) but i know he was running them on his sti which he said was slammed.
I heard that lowering springs usually shouldnt effect wheel clearance if its only lowered 2in or so. is that true?
Should i expect these to rub if i get them? would i need to get low profile tires, and what should i expect that to cost?
Will i need anything to be recalibrated ( speedo) with different rim size?
like i said im new to all of this, sorry if there is a forum on this topic already, i looked but couldnt find anything that helped.
any input or information on lowering/wheel choices would be much appreciated!
ALSO! i would love to see some neons lowered ~2in. If you could let me know what rims size you have & such thatd be great.
thanks

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:34 pm

It wont affect anything in terms of fitment being lowered as the spring perches don't change in height. the size that will fit the neon se/sxt/rt strut with no modifications and as the suggestion from all tire shops is a 205/40/17 a 45 series tire will fit too I believe but the srt 50 series will not fit. the width im not too sure on, I would think that a 215 width would fit but I don't know for sure.

So in short yes a 17 will fit the tire however may not so just let us know what size tire he has

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

Return to “Wheels / Tires”