Perfect sleeper wheels?

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
NachtRitter84
2GN Member

Perfect sleeper wheels?

Post by NachtRitter84 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Shopping around for better wheels that still look close enough to stock to not draw extra attention from law enforcement... or car prowlers.

Thinking these might be perfect for my purposes, especially since planning to wrap kumho ecstas around them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15x7-Rota-SLIP ... Swx0teUXgE

Thoughts?
2005 SXT - ATX 2.4 NA Swap
2007 Jetta 2.5L Wolfsburg Custom
2022 Mazda 3i

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Perfect sleeper wheels?

Post by occasional demons » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Rota Slipstreams used to be all the rage back in the day. Don't hear too much about them anymore, so perhaps now that the fad has long since faded, they probably wouldn't be a high theft item.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am

Most people know what Slipstreams are and will recognized them. They're still pretty plain wheels and lightweight to boot. Not a bad choice overall, but don't fool yourself into thinking they'll be completely under the radar.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:57 pm

As far as being a cop magnet, I don't see them being as risky.

They actually look very similar to a set of AMC wheels I had years ago on my '72 Charger.

But sadly they were 14" x 6" wheels, so mounting any real meat to them for a full size car was not happening. They were cool looking wheels, just not very useful for the era. And being 5 on 4.5"/114.3 mm sort of would even make them worthless for a neon, not to mention the offset and back space would be totally wrong. I actually have no idea what became of them. :/
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Wheels / Tires”