Measuring with money

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
AdioSS
2GN Member

Measuring with money

Post by AdioSS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm

A guy online is selling some Subaru wheels that he claims used to be on a neon. He doesn’t have any pictures of them on a neon though, and I’m not the most trusting person, so I asked him to measure the hub bore for me. He couldn’t find a tape measure, so he used a twenty dollar bill. Luckily I also have a twenty in my wallet & a few measuring tools.

I told him I needed the hole to be real close to 2¼” or 57.1mm in order to fit. I’m not quite sure where the edge of the wheel is.
Last edited by AdioSS on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheston
2000 Plymouth Neon SOHC ATX
2018 GMC Sierra Z71 6.2L
1996 ImpalaSS

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Measuring with money

Post by occasional demons » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Most Subaru wheels are just slightly smaller in the center bore, like around a millimeter or so. I have Stratus wheels on my Impreza for my winter wheels. But the subie wheel's hole is just small enough that they will not go onto the neon hubs. They could be made larger, if you had a lathe that could handle the outer wheel diameter, or if you feel lucky enough with a drum sander.

They don't need to be hub centric. The lug nut cones are what actually centers the wheel. Given that most hub spacer bushings are just plastic rings...

If the Subaru wheels that came on my Impreza were in nicer shape, I would consider enlarging the hole to use them on my neon.

Internet image
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Wheels / Tires”