Finally lowered her.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Finally lowered her.

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Bright and early at 7 am!

Final Product.

Still some issues I'm trying to figure out. It is the first time I ever lowered a car. It made a clicking noise (like a computer mouse click/pen click when going over a bump then it stopped) and a rubbing noise when making a turn, but haven't heard it in a while and my inner fender wheel well isn't touching it anymore. It's on racelands a rough ride I'm not use too that's for sure but no complaints from them

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:00 am

Man, I won't comment on the pictures since I'm sure you know they're washed out lol.

Where uhh... where can I get me a giant scissor jack like that??
el. oh. el.

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:50 am

It was $1,925 (final sale price w/tax and free shipping) from summit racing. Portable comes with truck lift adapters. It makes life so much easier. The only thing I don't like about it is that it comes down pretty fast

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Nice drop. I want a jack like that. But my driveway does not sit flat.

You get camber bolts for the alignment?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:54 pm

I've never understood why everyone and their sister always gets or asks about camber bolts. I've never used a different bolt in my life, with or without camber plates, and alignments weren't a problem. A bit of natural camber never hurts anyone.
el. oh. el.

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 pm

I got camber bolts but I'm not using them. I'm thinking of selling them. My left is 0.6 degrees and right is 1.1 and spec calls for 0.4 so I'm sure I can just adjust it

neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Do you have full trust under that scissor lift?

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:01 pm

looks very nice. The scissor lift is freaking awesome!

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am

FAC3L3SS wrote:I've never understood why everyone and their sister always gets or asks about camber bolts. I've never used a different bolt in my life, with or without camber plates, and alignments weren't a problem. A bit of natural camber never hurts anyone.
You usually need them. Most shops will deny aligning your car if you do not have them saying they can't adjust the camber. Stock struts do not have a slotted clevis bolt hole. Now if you are running coilovers, the hole is slotted and there is plenty of room to adjust the camber up to 3 degrees with the factory crash bolts. You let the tech know that.

But I am sure they are not even needed on a factory strut. It is just peace of mind when you get an alignment at a chain auto place so they can't jew you out of not getting it done without them installing bolts for over $200...
My left is 0.6 degrees and right is 1.1 and spec calls for 0.4 so I'm sure I can just adjust it
I would never want positive camber on any of my wheels. :lol:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 am

MOST don't lower on stock struts, or if they do, they're probably too cheap to get an alignment or bought new ones before gettingg one because the stockies blew :lol: Although, my dad always told me if he aligned a car and it beeded more wiggle room for camber he would oval the persons strut holes far enough to get them within tolerance just like coils/aftermarket struts are

As for that scissor lift... You got the wheels in my head spinning. :twisted:

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 pm

I get free alignments I'm a tech at Nissan lol so I can do the alignments I need or want too lol. Going low and performance is all new to me lol turbos and stuff that's new to me lol and usually have to follow the fsm as for the lift can't really do any tranny or engine work it would be kind of hard to do but possible I do trust it though

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Man that looks super sharp! How rough is rough though? I am considering racelands myself and everyone has said they ride really smooth for coil-overs. I have BCs right now and they are ROUGH. I have a kid on the way and need something smoother hence why I was considering them but hearing they ride rough is disconcerting.... That lift is freaking awesome!! I want one but I would probably use tall jacks with it. Ya know,..just in case. Anyways, nice work man, keep it up :thumbup:
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am

They're actually a smooth ride. I mean it is a little bumpy compared to OEM. I'll say that but it is a smooth ride for the most part if your roads are good. The roads by me are horrendous especially after this winter. I have no complaints with them. the ride was rough though when I didn't align the car and my toe was out of whack. Did the alignment took her to Carlisle and it was a very smooth ride! The lift for the most part, you drive the car over it. The lift slides from underneath the car towards the outside so even if a car did fall (please god don't let that ever happen) it would land on the blue part. It's hard to do tranny work or engine work, hell exhaust work but it does help with suspension jobs, brake jobs radiator the front engine. You get some wiggle room for it but not a lot if you're trying to pull a trans out

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

OK good deal that is what I thought. Like I said, I have BCs right now and have been driving on them for a year now so I am use to a pretty rough ride. I need something a little softer and smoother and have read the racelands are both of those things when compared to BCs. I still want a little rigidity and stiffness in the twisties and when I am getting on her but, want it a little more mild mannered when putting around town. They look great on your car, and im going to have to look into one of those lifts. Keep up the great work, man :thumbup:
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

NEX coils fit this bill ^

I have the KWs Mopar stage 3s and they are the closest thing to the NEX coils for ride quality so far. The BCs were very harsh and it felt like the valving/spring match wasn't quite right.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Return to “Picture Post”