Manny's 96turbo 1gn: now 99RT update 2\06\22

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:59 pm

does anyone ever even look at this progress log anymore.. well anyways heres a picture of whats to come in the next few days. just have to wire in my wifeband and boost and oil pressure gauge and she shall be set. should be starting her up tomorrow evening. and videos of it running posted by sunday evening if it runs good enough.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Neon4Life wrote:does anyone ever even look at this progress log anymore.. well anyways heres a picture of whats to come in the next few days. just have to wire in my wifeband and boost and oil pressure gauge and she shall be set. should be starting her up tomorrow evening. and videos of it running posted by sunday evening if it runs good enough.

I sure am still looking at your log. Eager to see how you will wire in your wife :)

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Muahaha ! :laughing3:

Looking good man ! I'm following your progress log too. It's looking good. :rockon:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:52 pm

thomas- oh wow, i typed this in a hurry and wasnt paying attention. hahaha

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:42 pm

And here you thought that no one was paying attention to your log. :rofl:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 am

His Wife band is on his finger. He shall now be tethered to two women! :D

:shock:

:runaway:

:rofl:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:22 pm

:laughing3:

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 pm

hurry up with the pics! and yes we pay attention to one of the best looking coupes on 2gn
ImageJason AKA Bootz

"You sound confused, you start with "I have this what can I do?" and then wander off into turbo land."

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:00 am

Sorry guys for the delay, I thought I was going to be able to start her and work out the kinks Saturday, but I spoke too soon it took me a while Saturday into Sunday to wire in my aftermarket gauges. Needed to finish some last minute things. And so at this moment everything is done besides the hot side pipe which is getting fixed at the moment. But I also ran into another problem, when I went to plug in my injector clips, I realized holy crap it doesn't work. My acr coupe being a 96 uses ev1 style connectors why the stage 1 srt injectors uses ev6 connector which is the common connector. Anyways so I worried about it all day and my buddy finally got back to me that evening and said he had some connectors and they worked. So I wired them in. It's taken me 3 weeks to set everything up because I'm doing everything nice and not cutting corners. This was a budget build but quickly turned into not a budget build lol. I've spent a good amount of time to make sure everything is how I like it. So more info, I primed the fuel pump, it works. I got fuel pressure. Nothing wrong there. Earlier today I was going to try and start it even without a hot side pipe but when I connected my laptop to the FiC it needed to update a driver. It didn't find it. Anyways I ran out of time and left it alone for the day as I had to get ready for work because I stared work again today. Sucks I was really enjoying my 12 days off. Ok that's it for now. You guys are going to flip when you see my gauge cluster and gauges lit up. I changed my cluster bulbs again to match the aftermarket gauges. Hmm maybe I'll post pics of it tomorrow. More info soon. Until next time. Keep waiting. ☺

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 am

Must. Have. Pics. :beatstick:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:38 pm

no real progress today either. still trying to figure out why my laptop doesnt download the correct usb driver when it prompts to update it. so until then im down. its really frustrating me now because i want to drive my car.

heres pictures of my gauge cluster and frog eye gauge pod with LED boost/oil pressure gauge. and yes i know i need a new steering wheel cover because u can see a ripped in one of the pictures.

For regular daytime driving the gauges are RED

when i flip the headlamp switch at night they go Blue to match the cluster more.

In this next picture if you look to the far lower right corner you can see where my Wideband gauge is. its in the 1st vent there. thats just a aem wideband no nice LED style one there.

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Nice work Manny ! :rockon:

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Very nice! I like the blue colors in the gauge cluster. It is pretty cool that they actually change color when your headlights are on.

Can you install the USB driver manually on your laptop to get it to work?

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks Jean,

THOMAS- Yeah I'm going to try that route tomorrow. I didn't know how to manually update it fully but i found a YouTube video giving me a step by step on how to do that. So I'll try that tomorrow..

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Neon4Life wrote:This was a budget build but quickly turned into not a budget build lol.

Budget, and being particular about it don't mix well. :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Color change is awesome! Looking forward to seeing in person at the next Dayton meet. :D

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:19 pm

thomas_w wrote: It is pretty cool that they actually change color when your headlights are on.

yeah the gauges them self are made to be either all red, or all blue or red and blue or blue and red. whichever you wire them up. and then u run 1 wire to the headlamp switch and thats how it lets u switch them at night.

occasional demons wrote:
Neon4Life wrote:This was a budget build but quickly turned into not a budget build lol.

Budget, and being particular about it don't mix well. :lol:
tell me about it. i know that too well with this build.

Midnight_Rider wrote:Color change is awesome! Looking forward to seeing in person at the next Dayton meet. :D

thanks, cant wait to show it off in the summer time. that intercooler is going to really make the front end look mean.

not much of an update today, took a break from it as im tired of working on it. literally havent stopped tweaking stuff on it for the past 3 weeks. but tomorrow ill try to get her started and idling etc. maybe by friday ill be able to take her out for a spin.

:)

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:18 am

hey guys, heres some engine bay pics and details on the turbo setup etc.

turbo setup

srt4 turbo
Oil pressure, boost gauge, Aem wideband.
Jegs coolant overflow bottle..
Walbro Fuel Pump
stage 1 injectors
AGP Wastegate with 8lb spring
SRT4 stock intercooler
custom made by me hotside pipe
cold side pipe with turbo xs rfl bov
Aem FIC model 1913.
Stratus 2.7 clutch
AN fittings and SS lines for the coolant feed/drain oil feed/drain
Fujita turbo intake for srt4. never heard of the company but quality seems good. bought it used.
3" o2 housing
3" srt4 ebay exhaust from downpipe back so full 3" exhaust

i plan on running 8lbs of boost starting then in a few months when i can get a custome tune ill bump it to 10max till i buy an build a bottom end for more boost etc.

Just today got the car 100% done and will be starting her up tomorrow and trying to get it to idle good and if i dont have any major problems ill take it for a spin. oh and dont mind the wiring there by the pcm. thats where i wired in my fic. and i have yet to tape it together and put it in wire loom

Let me know your thoughts, ideas, opinion on the engine bay. sure i already know im going to reroute some lines there like hide the vacuum lines more, and the heater line and Pcv hose line.

Last edited by Neon4Life on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:51 am

Borrrrrring ! :rofl:

Just kidding obviously. ;)

That's definitely insane. Now it has the guts to match the good look. Nice work again man !

Sadly, I can't see the full size pics without a Yahoo account. :-s

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:35 am

Jean-Seb wrote:Sadly, I can't see the full size pics without a Yahoo account. :-s
:withstupid:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 am

Try clicking on the picture now and it shouldn't ask for a account. I had the pictures set to friends only via my Flickr account. But I set it to public for now so u can click on it and should be able to see a bigger sized picture if that's what u want.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Jean-Seb wrote:Sadly, I can't see the full size pics without a Yahoo account. :-s
:withstupid:
:pottytrain2: :whip:

You're not helping ! :rofl: :P

But thanks Manny. So, how did it go ? Is it alive yet ? :D

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Cool, lots to look at at the next Dayton meet :lol:

Keep the pictures coming...

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Hey guys, she still down. Had a issue earlier with something clicking and I couldn't figure it out. Came from the injector area. Finally traced it down to the tps sensor by disconnecting it and it stopped. So that stopped me from starting it. And I'm pretty sure it's a short in the wiring. When I tapped into the pcm wire for the Aem fic wire I might have cut into the existing tps wires. I know it has to be that because I remember telling myself at the time of wiring that I would have problems with it. But yeah I'll fix that tomorrow and hopefully she'll start. Stopped a little early today to spend time with the wife.

😁

I'll post more pictures and videos when she is on the ground. Still have her up on 4 jackstands..

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 am

Is it wrong for me to be jones-ing on your new headlights? And headlight welts. :thumbup:

ducktapetg
2GN Member

Post by ducktapetg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Looks good!
Jason

2001 r/t
1998 r/t Project Log --> viewtopic.php?t=66496

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Is it wrong for me to be jones-ing on your new headlights? And headlight welts. :thumbup:
What's jones-ing mean..?

ducktapetg wrote:Looks good!
Thanks.

Did more troubleshooting today. I believe the battery is finally cropping out on me. It's a old battery from 2009 that was in the car when I bought it and combine old battery with cold and being disconnected for 3 weeks and yeah doesn't look good. Either way I took it to the autozone to see if it'll take a charge with their machine. Well see what happens then. Will try again tomorrow.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Neon4Life wrote:What's jones-ing mean..?
~1970's Slang

BBJones
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:24 pm

OD, I can't believe you posted that Cheech and Chong link- I couldn't have explained it better. I've got to quit using 70's cultural references. :lol:
BTW, there was also an animated promotional film of that single:
http://youtu.be/TVogvCi4w4g
[/off-topic]

Return to “Progress/Project Log”