OMG EPIC THREAD

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: OMG EPIC THREAD

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:41 pm
Why must you insist on mocking Christian beliefs? Would you do the same with Jewish or Muslim beliefs? While no one expects everyone to be in agreement on religious (or non-religious) beliefs, at least be respectful of others. Thank you.
I actually do mock them as well.

I will say a ribbing joke such as the photo I posted wasn’t even that bad. And you can admit it, you probably giggled a little at it.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 am
And you can admit it, you probably giggled a little at it.
Actually no, I found no humor in it, especially with your caption and the day you posted it.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 am
INVUJerry wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 am
And you can admit it, you probably giggled a little at it.
Actually no, I found no humor in it, especially with your caption and the day you posted it.
Well that’s unfortunate. I’m sorry you feel that way. However, I thought it was pretty hilarious and so did several of my friends who are rather “devout”.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am

Easter and Christmas are stolen from the pagans anyway. Even Christian scholars will admit that the actual days we celebrate are arbitrary and inaccurate.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Nobody wants to do research. Just be offended.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm offended that Christians don't give credit to the cultures from which they stole their holiday traditions. It's probably the biggest form of cultural appropriation on the planet.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:52 pm

I don't observe "holidays" due to their pagan origins (probably why I don't claim any Christian affiliation). On the other hand, I believe that eternal life rests on the fact that Jesus conquered death by his resurrection, as illustrated in the first meme image that Jerry posted.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm

I feel like the story of Jesus was a convoluted version of the telephone game. I believe he existed (since the Romans documented his death), but the stories of him were certainly inflated. The story of people beating death dates back as far as life has been documented. Jesus could have been in a coma for all we know and simply awoke 3 days later.

These are my beliefs, and it’s not intended to disrespect yours. If you have a real belief, my views won’t hurt them, no matter how disrespectful you think they are.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 am

Jerry's post with the ghostbusters.......LMAO..........
Midnight_Rider, its all in fun....dont let it get to you :)

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Almost bought a dope set of wheels for the van this weekend but missed out.

Having a fire sale of neon parts. Mostly wheels and stuff, maybe some magnum parts if I feel like it.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 am

My mom came to visit for a few days. Its stressful but my kids missed her so I’m trying my best to make it a pleasant trip.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 am

Every day I see stuff that makes me so thankful my parents were/are fairly normal, and didn't give us too many reason to shun them growing up. Other than the usual pains of growing up, things have been pretty smooth, and we all have a good relationship.

But I get it when I see relatives not getting along. Some people just should never have kids... and some people should have never been born.

But then we might not appreciate the good ones as much.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 06, 2018 7:46 am

My mom and my aunt got into an argument. My aunt has some sort of behavioral disorder that causes her to lash out at times, so she told my mom she had to leave. So, now my mom is trying to find a new place to go to. She mentioned staying with us but even if we gave her my daughters room she can’t walk up and down the stairs since she needs to have a knee replaced.

It’s been pretty stressful, and since she’s far away it’s not like I can just hop in the car and be there in 50 minutes.

And I took a pay cut at work, but so did a lot of people. I work as a government contractor and the new contract had slightly lower rates. I took a $2.50/hr pay cut and lost a week of vacation. I had been looking for a new job but this just ran it up the flag pole. The pay cut was just icing on the cake. The new management team is made up of some people I don’t necessarily get along with that well (who I worked with on the old contract) and it’s going to be a stressful transition.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 pm

My employer just sold the family business to a large foreign holding company. So things should be interesting.

It will either stay the same (doubtful), get better, or get worse. Time will tell. They also own a few of our major competitors, and have for over 10 years, so it's less likely we will be liquidated or resold, but we shall see.

70 years, and none of his kids were interested in taking it over... But I can't say I blame them in today's business climate.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am

Other than some training I haven’t done shit for a few days other than call people in. We aren’t allowed to work until June 1st. All the people that were on the old contract are telling me the service tickets are piling up. We’re going to be insanely busy once we’re allowed to work again.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri May 18, 2018 2:15 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am
Other than some training I haven’t done shit for a few days other than call people in. We aren’t allowed to work until June 1st. All the people that
were on the old contract are telling me the service tickets are piling up. We’re going to be insanely busy once we’re allowed to work again.
Are you being paid not to work ?
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 20, 2018 11:38 am

Yes, I’m being paid to “be available” until June 1st. Lots of the guys I work with live close to work so they show up and then head back home. I live too far away to do that so I stick around or sit in my car most of the day and keep my pager and phone on me.

Finally getting around to parting out my 01RT and in the process bring my 95 iris sedan back to life. Unfortunately the magnum head isn’t still on this car, but it’ll still be a decent ride for my step daughter.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 27, 2018 11:12 am

So yesterday was my birthday, Friday night we partied at home. I drank a good bit and my wife made me an awesome cake. Perfect night.

Saturday we went to Pioneer Tunnel, an old coal mine you can do a tour of. It’s really neat and the family enjoyed it. Plus, it’s a steady 52 degrees down there!

Right before we headed home we took the kids to Cenralia so they could see the graffiti highway and the abandoned town. My wife and I went here last year, I think it might become a tradition since it’s only 2 hours away from us.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sun May 27, 2018 8:00 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:12 am
Right before we headed home we took the kids to Cenralia so they could see the graffiti highway and the abandoned town. My wife and I went here last year,
I think it might become a tradition since it’s only 2 hours away from us.

Interesting town

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOeyWlrSEw&t=205s
05 Dodge SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 am

Yeah it’s a pretty interesting area although most of it has been razed. We’re going to go back to Pioneer Tunnel in a few weeks so we can ride the steam train they have there and go into the Anthracite Museum.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon May 28, 2018 9:46 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 am
Yeah it’s a pretty interesting area although most of it has been razed. We’re going to go back to Pioneer Tunnel in a few weeks so we can ride the steam train they have there and go into the Anthracite Museum.
http://www.pioneertunnel.com/ wrote:Our Steam Locomotive Is Unavailable Until Further Notice As It Is Undergoing Extensive Reconditioning/Maintenance.
Well that kinda sucks...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

I talked to one of the engineers, who was the tour guide the day we were there. He said mid June it’ll be ready, so hopefully he’s not fibbing.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed May 30, 2018 7:25 am

Yeah, I was looking into it for a small road trip for the granddaughter, since she loves trains. But it's a bit too far for that.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Wed May 30, 2018 12:37 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:46 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 am
http://www.pioneertunnel.com/ wrote:Our Steam Locomotive Is Unavailable Until Further Notice As It Is Undergoing Extensive Reconditioning/Maintenance.
Steam engines were always high maintenance. Both of my grandfathers were mechanics for railroads. My paternal grandfather worked for Louisville & Nashville
in Paris, KY and my maternal grandfather worked for Illinois Central in Paducah, KY. They probably spent as much time in the shops as they did on the rails.
05 Dodge SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:25 am
Yeah, I was looking into it for a small road trip for the granddaughter, since she loves trains. But it's a bit too far for that.
There’s a steam train ride out in Cumberland, MD. Not sure if it’s much closer or not but it’s a rather nice trip.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 am

OMFG!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Change.org petition titled “Let the people drink the red liquid from the dark sarcophagus” has attracted more than 16,000 signatures.

“We need to drink the red liquid from the cursed dark sarcophagus in the form of some sort of carbonated energy drink so we can assume its powers and finally die,” petition founder Innes McKendrick wrote by way of explanation.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/scientist ... rcophagus/

Jim Jones had some red liquid for you too!
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic”