What is this connector for?

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
CharmfulPeace
2GN Member

What is this connector for?

Post by CharmfulPeace » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 pm

So, today I had my Dash apart as I was hooking up a hidden antenna (Which ended up being thrown in the trash) and I noticed this plug near the driver side tweeter. Anyone know what it is for? Just curious as I don't really like plugs just sitting around while not being used :lol:

2002 Chrysler Neon LE
1992 Honda Accord (Sold)
2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL (Sitting)
1992 Plymouth Acclaim (Sold)

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: What is this connector for?

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 am

My guess is it's for the optional lighted sun visors/lighted mirror/temperature - compass mirror.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

CharmfulPeace
2GN Member

Post by CharmfulPeace » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Well, I guess I'll be on the lookout for that mirror :lol:

That works, though... Since the Rearview I have in there that came from an older Monte Carlo (I believe) is having some wiring issues inside of it, so I can't really use the lights that are in it.
2002 Chrysler Neon LE
1992 Honda Accord (Sold)

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 am

You'll need the wire harness that plugs into the mirror/visors also. IIRC, it runs up the A pillar. Or you'll have to at least have the connector for the mirror, and wire it in.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 am

occasional demons wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 am
You'll need the wire harness that plugs into the mirror/visors also. IIRC, it runs up the A pillar. Or you'll have to at least have the connector for the mirror, and wire it in.
Yes its the mirror plug looks like yours has the full wiring. mine had this and made the compass temp mirror plug and play.

I believe gramps had one for sale a while back. might check.. i loved mine.

mine was plugged for the mirror and i ran the visors seperately. i didnt want to hack a perfectly good harness..

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am

Gramps (AKA: Midnight_Rider) just updated his FS thread, I believe he sold it.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

CharmfulPeace
2GN Member

Post by CharmfulPeace » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Knew it would have to run up the A Pillar since that's how I ran the custom wires for the mirror I have in my Neon right now lol.
(Speaking of which... I currently need to look at getting a replacement pillar or just the clips since the upper clip on the drivers side snapped off when I took the dash top out the other day, will take a look at the local wrecking yard I like going to yet :P )

Would be nice when I get to the post-count where I can read the buy and sell forums :lol:
(only 13 more to go... Now, should I just go posting everywhere... or just be patient... I'll be patient O:) )
2002 Chrysler Neon LE
1992 Honda Accord (Sold)

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Good luck you will get your posts up. those clips in the pillars are a biotch...... i grabbed them off all Chrysler vehicles i could find and always had a few on hand because they always broke... but my advice would be get clips they are cheaper(sometimes free if you go near closing time) than the whole pillar.

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

CharmfulPeace
2GN Member

Post by CharmfulPeace » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Yeah, I'll probably swing by the wrecking yard and ask my buddy if I could scramble through whichever Chrysler vehicles he has there :lol:
Never hurts to have a friend who has their own yard.

Might see if he has any Neons out there while I'm at it to grab the radio trim because I wanna look at doing some tweaks to it, So I'll want a good one.
2002 Chrysler Neon LE
1992 Honda Accord (Sold)

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 am

blueneo03 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 am
I believe gramps had one for sale a while back. might check..
I sold it a few weeks ago.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Interior”