2019 Carlisle Hotel Information

Organizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

2019 Carlisle Hotel Information

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Chrysler @ Carlisle 2019 Hotel information

*****Note - "Rufus" works during the day and "Guy" works during the night as of 5-1-19, they are both aware of 2GN and the reservations*****

Attention 2GN members: Due to unforeseen circumstances the Harrisburg West Motel will not be available this year for Chryslers @ Carlisle 2019. We will have a new location next door to the Harrisburg West called the Capital Inn, formerly the Quality Inn.

To reserve a room, call the hotel at 1-717-774-6200. Mention you are there for a group reunion called the “2GN Reunion”. They are reserving 20 rooms in a block for us from a check inn date of July 11th and a check out date of July 14th. The hotel also knows that some people may check in the 12th and some members may stay later than the 14th. The room rate for a Single or Double bed and 2 adults will be $79.99 a night plus taxes. There will be a deposit required by phone with a card for the first night when making the reservation but when arriving to check in for your stay you can pay any other way that’s convenient for the rest of your stay.

All reservations made are fully refundable if canceled 7 days prior to the event. Any reservations canceled “within” 7 days of the event will be charged an additional $79.99 a night for a total of $159.98 (this amount includes your deposit plus one additional night for late cancelations)

***Note: 20 rooms are reserved and blocked together, if more than 20 rooms are needed those extra rooms may be located in any part of the hotel thats available if possible. If there are no other rooms available that member will have to find a different location stay(hopefully this won't happen)

***ALSO note, this hotel is under renovations!!!!! Please try to reserve your room ASAP"***
***Small update, I was just informed that the rooms we are being reserved in as of 4-11-19 are going to be the newly renovated rooms!!!!!

We also will have a designated parking area for our group this year. If members want to park closer to there hotel room thats also fine. The designated parking area will be from July 11th till July 14th. Also within this reserved parking area is where we will be allowed to hang out in the parking lot with no worries of being in the way of passing vehicles or having issues with staying out late in the reserved parking area. The hotel was also informed that the group “WILL CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES” in the designated parking area and “WILL” be kept clean on a daily basis. The hotel also knows that if they have any complaints about our group to inform those who are in charge of the group to get things in check.

Capital Inn (Formerly Quality Inn)
175 Beacon Hill Blvd
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone Number for reservations 1-717-774-6200
$79.99 plus taxes a night w/a deposit over the phone for one night when reserving your room

Any issues with reserving a room contact me at chrisswiatowy@icloud.com

Remember, this is a hotel that we have never been a guest of. Please try to make us welcome and hopefully if things work out this year they will welcome us next year. The attached picture below circled in “RED” will be our designated parking area. The area circled in “GREEN” is the requested room location for our group but there is no guarantees our block of 20 rooms will be located in that area.

Here's a close up of our parking location

Here's the hotel location compared to the Harrisburg West......
Last edited by BlackRoseRacing on Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

03_SXT
2GN Member

Re: 2019 Carlisle Hotel Information

Post by 03_SXT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Thank you Chris for gathering all of the information and getting this setup for us!

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm

:thumbright:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 am

That looks like the perfect parking area and hangout area. Nice job.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 am

Neon4life,
Thanks

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am

Yes, nice job!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:39 pm

:thumbright: :thumbleft:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 am

Ok, gramps.....save your money and reserve a hotel room!!!!!!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:23 am

BlackRoseRacing wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 am
Ok, gramps.....save your money and reserve a hotel room!!!!!!
I sure wish that I could. No Carlisle for me this year- too many medical bills and household expenses.

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 am

Gramps, you've been saying this for years.......you got to make it back out again!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:42 am

I didn't mean to derail the thread. It isn't that I don't want to make Carlisle but I honestly cannot afford it at the moment. Due to health reasons, I have gone from working seven days a week to six, meaning that I don't have the kind of money that I used to have. I have also had a couple of big medical bills lately and, on top of that, taking care of a house with just one income makes it tough. I appreciate your thinking of me but let's get back on topic. You've got a great start with the hotel information.

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:49 am

Gramps, No worries!! you didn't derail the thread :)
I've got the hotel situated, so far I haven't received any info that theres a problem, so that a good start....LOL

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 pm

Woooo

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:27 am

I should be reserving my room soon as my taxes are finally done...lol

thertguy
n00b

Post by thertguy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:12 am

Booked our room last week , it was a pain getting ahold of people to get the room reserved with the Block Info, I called like a half dozen times LOL
2004 SRT-4 (38K Miles)DC SPorts Exhaust, MOPAR C.A.I., DSP, MOPAR STS, B WOODY Solid MM Tranny Mount., 3" D.P., 3"O2 Housing, AXIS DECADES 18x8, EIBACH PRO-KIT, AGP CC, Fuel Pump Re-Wire,180 Degree T-Stat, UEGO, N2MB W.O.T. BOX w/2 Step, AEROFORCE Scan Guage, F.I.C. 565cc, DCR Oil Mod, Apexi TT, SouthBend Stage4, COOLINGMIST STAGE_II (dual M3), Walboro 255,3BAR

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:47 am

Did you talk to the female or someone else?
I'm messaging you shortly

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:56 am

Added a note about the hotel renovations. I was informed that by the time we get there in July, our rooms should be the renovated rooms. I was also informed that they would be nothing like what we experienced in the past with the Motel6 or the Harrisburg West. Hopefully this is true, and even still with the accommodations that we should be getting this year hopefully it will work out.

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:22 am

***********Important update as of 4-11-19*************
I was just informed tonight when reserving my room that my contact that I worked with is no longer employed at the Capital Inn. I just talked with a new associate that was already aware of our group coming this July. This new associate is a former employee from the Clarion just around the corner from the Capital Inn. He was hired 2 weeks ago to help get the Capital Inn back on there feet and with my conversation with him tonight he knows what he is doing. He also let me know that we will be having the renovated rooms this year. The un-renovated rooms at this point in time are currently on the 1st floor and are booked for the long term stay customers where as we will be in the new renovated rooms that are currently finished :)
If I hear anymore updates I'll keep everyone informed!

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sun May 19, 2019 12:01 am

Small little update.........
Since there is no Carlisle 2019 thread, I am posting this here under the Hotel information thread....
There's a couple of items being raffled off in addition to the annual 2GN banner!
1 - A Diorama of the parking area 2GN has had there photo shoot for 13+ years.
The diorama is to scale to which a standard hot wheels car will represent the size of a 2GN at approximately 15 feet in length. The diorama was used for a mock up of setting up cars this year for the photo shoot, hence why it is to actual scale to have a hot wheels car simulate the size of a 2GN. The diorama is now setup to have a list of the past 13 years worth of photo shoot pictures on the main parking lot. Each year of 2GN's photo shoot is mounted to the parking lot surface of the diorama. The best pictures that could be provided or discovered online were used to create the collection of photos used on the diorama. This has enough space to add future years of the 2GN photo shoots! The box the diorama is contained in measures 29X42X7, the actual diorama itself measures 28X40.5X2 so keep this in mind when it comes to finding somewhere to stuff it to take home....lol
This will not be transported to the showfield due to how fragile it is. This will be at the hotel and available to view upon request.
This will be raffled off Saturday night after the photoshoot and you must be present to win!

2 - Custom street signs
These street signs are actually going to be used this year for our designated parking area at the hotel. These will also be raffled off, but you will NOT get the pair of street signs. There will be two identical street signs/markers/posts.....
These will not be carried to and from the showfield, they will stay at the hotel until they are raffled off Saturday night after the photo shoot. You also must be present to win!
Note: One of these will contain "Black Dodge Valve stem caps" the other will contain "Chrome Dodge Valve stem caps" otherwise they will be completely identical.
Each display will contain:
1 - Green street sign(reflective)
1 - White tow warning
1 - Yellow caution sign(reflective)
1 - 1GN R/T wheel painted and the face of the wheel glows in the dark
1 - 2GN small bearing hub(New Dorman part coated in clear coat)
1 - Complete set of spiked lug nuts
1 - Complete set of "Dodge" valve stem caps

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:33 am

Guess what today is.....June 1st and Carlisle is coming up WAY to fast!!!!
I just contacted the hotel and there are still PLENTY of rooms available! Currently theres only about 8 rooms booked out of the 20 I have reserved. If we break the 20 room reservation they have additional rooms available for us as of now! so there will not be a need to find another hotel to reserve at.
Try to reserve your room asap!
"Rufus" works during the day and "Guy" at night at the main desk. They both know about are group coming and they are bending over right now to make sure we have all the space we need for Carlisle weekend.
But when it gets down to 10 day deadline of checking in, they can not guarantee a room as other people may start reserving rooms for the event.
So book your room now!

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 am

So with Carlisle only 27 days away, how many people have reserved a room?
Once July 1st happens, my reserved block of 20 rooms will become available to anyone who needs a room. So hurry up and reserved your room ASAP!
If we reserve the block of 20 rooms before July 1st, we are guaranteed more rooms if needed!
But once July 1st happens, theres no guarantee any rooms will be available!

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 am

Small Hotel update....
I just called and did a follow up on how things are going and apparently there’s only 11 out of the 20 rooms reserved. Remember when reserving your room, if you cancel your reservation for whatever reason, your deposit is fully refundable if it’s before 7 days of your check in. If it’s within 7 days of your check in you will be charged additional for a total of $159.98.
There’s also been some concerns about online reviews on how bad this hotel is. I was rest assured again today that we are getting the newly remodeled rooms on the third floor and we should have no issues.
And the final concern I’ve heard about is the email confirmation of your room being reserved. They state if you request a confirmation email they will send you one. They have the list of the 20 room block at the desk with everyone’s name on it who has reserved a room and stated we should not have to worry about any confirmation emails.

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 am

Ok, for those of you in question about your room reservations, I will be contacting you with your dates reserved and your current room assigned. I'm not going to share on FaceBook who has what room, if you want to share what rooms you have thats up to you.
Once I contacted everyone with there rooms currently assigned I will make another post stating that I contacted everyone on my list. If I did NOT contact you, then let me know so I can look into why you did not come up on the list as a reservation.
Again, When I make a post here on FaceBoook that I have contacted everyone on my list of reserved rooms and you were NOT contacted, let me know as your reservation may not have gone through.
I won't repeat for a third time...LOL
Please be patient the next 24-48hrs "ish" while I contact people :)

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:59 am

Also note:
Most users have FaceBook accounts and I am messaging through there for simplicity. If you are not a regular user of FaceBook, please check in to see if I contacted you about your room reservations :)

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:08 am

I'm looking for two members who reserved rooms at the hotel for Carlisle this year.....
John H and Kasif A. Please contact me in regard to your reservations for the hotel for Carlisle. Otherwise any member who has reserved a room has been contacted by me with there current room reservations.
If someone has reserved a room and I did NOT contact them, please let me know.
Thanks again for your co-op

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:16 am

Carlisle is coming up soon!!!! for me, I leave in 11 days!
There's still plenty of rooms avaiable at the hotel this year! Currently we have 18confirmed reservations but 4 of the reservations have not been 100% confirmed. |
Hurry up and get your rooms reserved as time is running out to get a refund if canceling early for your reservation.
As stated before, we are being grouped together at the hotel with the latest renovated rooms. There is stair access along with an elevator. Any more details, please contact me or the hotel with any questions.
Thanks
Chris

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:23 am

ok, with keeping things updated as time is running out for Carlisle... here is another Hotel update.....

I have confirmed 17 reserved rooms. If I have not contacted you yet, you don't have a room reserved. There were so far two people that ended up in our block of rooms for the show but they were relocated as they were not affiliated with us.

There is approximately 9-10 days left until some of us are sitting in the hotel room awaiting for members to arrive. Also note again: We are getting close to the 7 day limit for a refund if needed. In the next couple days if you were to cancel your reservation you will be charged the one nights reservation PLUS an additional night for a total of two nights if canceled within the 7 days from the date of your reservation.

I had told this hotel that we would easily book the 20 rooms reserved, we just need a few people more to meet this goal...lol

-----------------------------------------------------

Also.......when it comes to your room....

Some people want there rooms cleaned daily, others just want clean towels daily. Me personally, since I don't mess my room up I just want clean towels daily. Let the service desk know up front if you want your room cleaned daily or just keep you updated with fresh towels or misc stuff. This will help the service staff know what room is in need of what necessities.

------------------------------------------------------

And another final note: In the deal I made with the owner I stated we would clean up after ourselves daily in the parking area we have reserved. With that said, I will be purchasing a couple of large garbage cans to have in the parking lot. So I ask to please be respectful when it comes to disposing of trash. We don't need to have bottle caps or cigarette butts laying around with empty alcoholic bottles.

Thanks again

And can't wait to see 2GN again for the 14th annual meet

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am

For those still looking for a room, I have only two rooms left out of my block of rooms reserved. I can only reserve these last two rooms up until 10am Tuesday the 9th. You need to talk to “Guy” to reserve one of the last two rooms.
Beyond 10am Tuesday the 9th I will lose the two rooms if not reserved.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:15 am

The parking lot there is great for car repairs. :wink:

03_SXT
2GN Member

Post by 03_SXT » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

Best possible place to break down!

Return to “Neon Meets / Automotive Events - Regional Boards”