Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
04rebel
2GN Member

Re: Random posting

Post by 04rebel » Fri May 24, 2019 6:31 am

They say hind sight is always 20/20...I wish I'd known of the site here a year ago. I was offered a complete running 06(?) 2.4 PT to do a motor/trans swap to our Neon for FREE.Yes the underneath had rotted out to the unsafe stage, yet only had 80k miles on it! At the time I was looking for 15" rims and doing away with the Neon's 14" steelies, rims would have worked but also at that time our funds wouldn't allow for proper size tires to fit the Neon (16"). Also at that time, we couldn't put the Neon down for major surgery to make such a swap of power plants, and not knowing at the time that it was even possible to do....I'd bet that on this site there is a complete "how to" on the subject here somewhere!
Needless to say that the "Cruiser" was sent complete to the CRUSHER!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 am

Being an '04 neon, swapping in the PT engine would have been relatively painless. Especially when you have the entire donor car to get all the little bits and pieces from.

All you would have needed was to take the complete engine assy with the mounts, and bolt it into the neon, and extend the ECT sensor wires. You might have had to upgrade the injectors, to 24 lb, but I am running the 21lb injectors that came with a 2.4 in my swap, in my '99 with the 58 psi regulator. Granted it actually puts out 63 psi, the high end of spec. (+/- 5psi)

Basically the SRT swap section would lay it all out. But 2003 to 2005 are the easiest ones to swap using the SRT or 2003 to 2010 PT set up.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 pm

04rebel wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:03 am
ROFL ! ...That's a good one :)
Nice to see that there actually is some activity here in this Forum, being a "noobie" here I had my wonderings. I'm VERY ACTIVE on an AVENGER site
for my 98 coupe model even though the sites main focus is for the 08 - 14 SEDAN models
We used to own a 2009 Dodge Avenger SXT with the 2.7 liter V6 … unfortunately it was totaled in 2016 :(
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 am
Being an '04 neon, swapping in the PT engine would have been relatively painless. Especially when you have the entire donor car to get all the little bits and pieces from.

Well when we got the car with a blown out diff pin, the used trans was from a PT :roll: ! And actually this little car is plenty quick enough as is, just a little slower than my stock 2.5 Avenger ES. And without even watching the speedo got me into a potential BIG problem with the police when I came around a curve on our "back country" roads, ended up cutting the speed on the ticket WAY down due to the fact that I got it stopped and pulled over within 10 car lengths and he hadn't even got pulled out yet. For my relatively new driver son, the car is fast enough!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm

theColonel wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 pm
04rebel wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:03 am
ROFL ! ...That's a good one :)
Nice to see that there actually is some activity here in this Forum, being a "noobie" here I had my wonderings. I'm VERY ACTIVE on an AVENGER site
for my 98 coupe model even though the sites main focus is for the 08 - 14 SEDAN models
We used to own a 2009 Dodge Avenger SXT with the 2.7 liter V6 … unfortunately it was totaled in 2016 :(
That's NO WAY to treat any MOPAR product [-X Hope all worked out well for passengers and settlement on the loss!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 26, 2019 7:35 pm

I hope y’all had a better Memorial Day weekend than I did. I had to take up my deck, rent a jackhammer, dig about 2 feet of dirt out to get the my old well cap. Thankfully the well was only 24 feet deep even though we were told it was 85 feet deep. This is basically a stop-gap until I can spend $3400 on a new well.

Posted the images on imgur and instantly had people trolling. It’s so fucking annoying. Pics are on Facebook and Instagram. My photobucket is suddenly too full to upload to.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun May 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Set Imgur to private?
Sorry about your memorial day headache man that sucks bro.

85 ft deep holy crap. Boonie living fun. My GF lived in the boonies with a well. She had to keep a heater in the well house during the winter. Sometimes the heater wouldn't work and her pipes would burst. Not fun to fix in -20 degree weather during a blizzard. + 2 miles worth of gravel roads to get to her place. Glad she is with me now in the burbs.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 26, 2019 8:58 pm

If I set it to private, you might need to have an account and be my friend on there. I’m just going to abandon the app.

Lol, WELL luckily it was only 24 feet. And if I still have it come winter I’m going to re bury it so it doesn’t freeze.

We had a pipe freeze and then burst in my bathroom back in February. It was the only piece of old PVC in the bathroom. I ran it through the cellar and used PEX line. Pex is pretty great stuff.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm

The only thing you need to watch with PEX, mice and rats love to chew on it, and apparently some insects.

It is also not sunlight friendly, either direct or indirect. But being in the cellar, mice should be your only worry...
Degradation from sunlight. PEX tubing cannot be used in applications exposed to sunlight, as it degrades fairly rapidly.[23] Prior to installation it must be stored away from sunlight, and needs to be shielded from daylight after installation. Leaving it exposed to direct sunlight for as little as 30 days may result in premature failure of the tubing due to embrittlement
I have heard it has some kind of soybean base used in it's construction, thus why it is appealing to rodents.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 pm

I just did some thinking, it’s not PEX I have but polybutylene which isn’t supposed to be installed in houses anymore. Oops. There’s PB going from my well pump in my cellar to the well cover itself. Ugh. Even more reason to get it changed out.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun May 26, 2019 11:57 pm

Jerry, sorry to read about the troubles you had today. Makes my having to work today seem like nothing so thank you for putting everything in perspective- seriously.

Watched old Carlisle videos on YouTube last night that I had never seen before. Made me very nostalgic.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon May 27, 2019 8:06 am

Haha, wish I could say it was just one day but it took me 2 days of work to get to the paint bucket that was over the old well cap. I started this on Friday and finally had running water Sunday. The people that owned the house before us were done DIYers and had some interesting solutions for problems.

I hope that someday you’re able to make it back out to Carlisle. We talk about you every year. All good things.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 27, 2019 8:13 am

Yikes, two days? Wow, what a pain.

Yeah, I'd like to make it back to Carlisle one of these years. It always seems like something comes up whenever I make plans to attend. ](*,)

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon May 27, 2019 5:19 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:06 am
Haha, wish I could say it was just one day but it took me 2 days of work to get to the paint bucket that was over the old well cap. I started this on Friday and finally had running water Sunday. The people that owned the house before us were done DIYers and had some interesting solutions for problems.

I hope that someday you’re able to make it back out to Carlisle. We talk about you every year. All good things.
Yup, sorry for your house system troubles..I too live out in the "sticks"(oil heat and own well and septic). Out in the "sticks" and older homes have their own SPECIAL challenges!
I've spent most of this weekend working on the next motorized thing below a Neon...a 20 yr. old neglected and given up on JD tiding mower, that owners were told needed a whole new motor, Fresh oil and filter, new spark plug and air filter, adjust the valves, and swap the carb with another parts rider i had and the thing runs like new again! Now if I can get my son to give it a good wash and polish, it'll look like brand new too! Sadly, I'll probably be the one to do that chore anyway. He's too busy driving around in his Happy little Neon with the heart repair job(timing belt) a complete success!

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm

05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed May 29, 2019 2:06 am

Wow, certainly not a flattering article. :shaking:

I miss Lee. Or even Sergio.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 am

Let me know if you guys can see this post. It’s from my well adventure.

https://imgur.com/a/DzoGesZ

Also I did some research, I’m going to attempt to seal and re line my well myself.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Came thru CRYSTAL CLEAR! MY what an experience to go thru, did you find any "buried treasure" or strike "GOLD" to help offset the time and expense?

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Nope, didn’t find anything cool at all. And the liner to the well is collapsing so I’m going to attempt to repair it myself with a sleeve and a “packer”.

https://youtu.be/xIQhY2ZmTkw

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Gotta love "home ownership"...always something to have to fix! Good Luck!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Nothing like putting concrete over top of it. :shock:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 am

To give them some credit, they had originally built a cinderblock room and then covered it. But all the old concrete had collapsed. It was not a fun project by far.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:31 pm

I don't know what was with the trend of having a "Pump Room". My grandparents well, (90 feet deep) hammered the casing in the ground, then built the house, with the well in it's own little room. That's where the water softener, and pressure tank are all located, "neat and tidy".

When the pump motor crapped out years back, I recall the mess of tubing all over the basement pulling it back out.

And if a new casing had to be sunk, it would have to be outside of the house, unless you tore the roof off to give the rig access. Cheaper to put it outside, like things are currently done. But being my grandparents passed in the nineties, it will be someone else's headache now.

We have two well heads on our property. The original farmhouse burned down, and they built the current house in a different location. So the old well is a bit far to use for the house, but if we wanted, we could run power and drop a pump down the hole, and use it for watering plants, etc if need be.

The thing that worries me, is if there is still a septic tank up there, waiting to cave in someday. Apparently there was also a decent barn, but they bulldozed it, and buried it where our yard is.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Yeah this was pretty annoying to do but luckily it’s very short so when I go to sleeve the well it won’t be too bad. It rained last night and when I went to make coffee this morning I didn’t think about it and ran the faucet. Muddy looking water came out of it. Ended up using bottled water to make my coffee with.

Bill, if it was me I’d have someone come out with some heavy equipment and crush the old septic tank and then fill it and put a garden over top of it. You don’t want anything potentially happening with it where someone could get hurt.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:01 pm

That's the thing, I have no idea where it would be located. If I didn't have a neighbor that walks her dog, and doesn't even live on the same road, I wouldn't know much of the history of our property. The well being up on the hill was an obvious sign that there was something there, but apparently it was one of the original homes in the area.

For all I know, it didn't have a septic tank per say, it would have to be pretty old to have gotten away with that, but IDK how far back the original house was built, and what requirements were mandated.

My grandparents house has a septic tank, but from that, it is clay tile to a ravine behind the house. No leach bed. That was circa late 40's early 50's.

Being they owned the 160 acres it dumped on, there was nobody that was going to complain. The bulk of the land is still the same as it was back then, no developments going up anytime soon, so it is still just a dump pipe from the septic tank.

The guy that owns it now would probably fight tooth and nail if he had to spend money to make it more modern. He is a special kind of special. :lol:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm

So, the current cost of the $200 PT cruiser is $876. This list includes:

Purchase: $200
Tags/Title: $188
Front Brakes DIY: $238
Inspection/Rear Brakes/4 new Tires at Blair’s shop (BoneYard Racing): $250 and the stock wheels.

In this picture you can just barely catch a glance of my SRT-4 station wagon. I jump started it, and drove it 170 miles yesterday. It needs a few small things and it’ll be ready for its yearly 10k mile summer/fall cruising I give it. My kids were so excited when I finally pulled it out and gave them a ride up and down the street in it. Only one small little burnout for now lol.

https://imgur.com/a/fGd1mdB

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm
In this picture you can just barely catch a glance of my SRT-4 station wagon. I jump started it, and drove it 170 miles yesterday. It needs a few small things
and it’ll be ready for its yearly 10k mile summer/fall cruising I give it. My kids were so excited when I finally pulled it out and gave them a ride up and down
the street in it. Only one small little burnout for now lol.
:givesafuck:
05 Dodge SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:42 pm

It’s random posting. If you don’t like it, then don’t cry about it.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:02 pm

theColonel wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 pm

:givesafuck:

At least Jerry can come up with original interesting stuff to post, and just not copy/paste links.

Since you're intent on calling names, etc, acting like a man child, I did you the favor of honoring the the name you like to give me, and gave you a 7 day vacation. The next one will be a lot longer. :wink:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:17 pm

I actually convinced Frank not to give him a permanent ban over the weekend because he insisted on calling me InbredJerry on the 2gn page. I told frank not to because between this forum and Facebook it’s all he’s got left to keep him occupied.

Return to “Off-Topic”