Need pictures of 2gn's lowered....

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
Riddler
2GN Member

Need pictures of 2gn's lowered....

Post by Riddler » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:02 pm

I have a set of IPP coilovers which I think I'm gonna be selling. Some of the rings are locked up, not bad just need lots of oil and time. Have had them sitting for a couple days in oil.

Anyway coilovers are useless here cause they use salt on our roads.

My plan is to A. find a set of mopar stage 2 - height adjustable only or sell the IPP's and buy struts and springs.

So I'm asking to see pictures of your car lowered. But I want to know what springs/struts, coilovers, airbags, etc etc etc has been done. This is a must!

Riddler

joelrgr
2GN Member

Post by joelrgr » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Tokico HP struts with spring mounts removed, Skunk2 coilovers (still threads to lower another 1" or so all around).

marakka
2GN Member

Post by marakka » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:36 pm

Eibach Ground Control sleeved coilovers and KYB GR-2 struts. NOT the best combination. If you are going to use the GC coilovers you really should look into some Koni's or Tokico's. The KYB's are virtually destroyed now because of how low I keep it. they are only on there until I can get the time to put on my ACR suspension.

EDIT: HOLY MOTHER OF HOTNESS! Good god your car is hot Joel! Got more pics you can send me as I'm seriously considering the BC2 kit for next years show season.
LilSparkPlug wrote:Rofflies! :) I <3 you Marraka.

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:38 pm

my 04 SXT, rockin Eibachs with 00 struts.... i love them. rides not too bad, but i wish the front was lower.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:50 pm

NEX coilovers, no problem with locking rings at all.....

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:13 pm

KW Variant 1 Coilovers

-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Wisher2
2GN Member

Post by Wisher2 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:48 pm

Who cares about locking rings.........Spray a little PB Blaster and BAM! instant unlock

TiOL
2GN Member

Post by TiOL » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:18 pm

progress 1.8

im in canada if you want to sell your coilovers let me know i can sell you my springs :)

thanks
neon 98 dohc sold
neon 2002 patriot blue jdm shitttt sold !!
NYG ACR 95 COUPE sold to 1972demon

BMW 1991 318is coupe swapped inline-6 2,5L schrick 288 cams.

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Stock Struts, 1st gen NON acr/rt springs

hmmmmm

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:09 pm

Eibach Sportlines, ACR Dynamic Struts, Hotchkis Sways, Energy Bushys....
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

ChrisRT
2GN Member

Post by ChrisRT » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 pm

TiOL wrote:Image

progress 1.8

im in canada if you want to sell your coilovers let me know i can sell you my springs :)

thanks
That looks great man! I sold those springs to you I think.

What kit is that, that you have on your car?
"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." - Ansel Adams

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited
2010 Jeep Wrangler 6spd/3.73's

04sxt2.0
2GN Member

Post by 04sxt2.0 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:55 pm

lowered with SRT struts and G2 coilovers, rear 1.75 and front 1.5

04 SXT- daily driver
93 GSX-16g turbo,dsmlink v3, bored 0.40 over 2g maf, ported head. Toy

CAI, lorenzo 60mm throttle body, B&m short shifter, SRT exhaust, 32" glass pack.

upcoming mods, RT manifold, UDP, and ODP,

tamadrumr88
2GN Member

Post by tamadrumr88 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 pm

tein basic coilovers

granted the grass was high there, but i still think the car sits too high (even with a 1.8" drop) now that im on 205/50-17 tires

Rapley
2GN Member

Post by Rapley » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm

holy crap TiOL, i absolutely love the look of your car, it's what i wish mine looked like. Alas, no money for rims or all the other good looking stuff :cry:

Oh yeh, everyone elses cars look great too :lol:
01 LX: Patriot blue, MTX, lowered, CAI, bronze snowflakes - RIP :(
97 Neon: 2 tone (flatblack/white) MTX, DOHC, 2 door, bronze snowflakes

lambostealth
2GN Member

Post by lambostealth » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:13 pm

H&R makes THE BEST suspension, period. Expensive, but WELL worth it. I would show you a picture of mine but I have a lot of stereo (about 400+lbs.) over the rear, so it wouldn't be a very good representation of the drop. But I can tell you this, the ride is fucking amazing, absolutely identical to stock, until you start carving, then it lets you know why you spent the extra money.

I have thier sport springs which I highly recommend, however they do have a coilover available now for the SRT-4, it's not listed for sale for the Neon, but we all know they will bolt up. The best thing about their coilovers, is that you can choose ANY spring rate you want, and if you call them, they will help you decide which one you need for what you are looking for based on the weight of your car.

Look them up at http://www.hrsprings.com

Buy them, you won't be dissappointed! Even if you just get the springs......oh yeah, and they will NEVER sag. Even after 2 years of having my stereo (400+lbs) on the rear springs, whenever we remove it, it pops right back up! I highly recommend these to everyone!!
-Chris
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!
Hahn Turbo, Portfueler, 3"downpipe, BC Coilovers........ahh who cares.SOLD
2001 BMW 530I
2007 Honda Accord
1988 Ford F-150

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:22 pm

Mopar Performance Stage 1 Lowering Springs which I believe are about the same thing as the 1st Gen springs like 2003silverneonsxt has.

TiOL
2GN Member

Post by TiOL » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:37 pm

Rapley wrote:holy crap TiOL, i absolutely love the look of your car, it's what i wish mine looked like. Alas, no money for rims or all the other good looking stuff :cry:

Oh yeh, everyone elses cars look great too :lol:
thanks man you got taste haha j/k
ChrisR/T wrote:That looks great man! I sold those springs to you I think.

What kit is that, that you have on your car?
type r front lip, rt side, srt rear

*damn i need coilovers*

:shock:
neon 98 dohc sold

Riddler
2GN Member

Post by Riddler » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:55 pm

Toill what struts are you using with your Progress 1.8T?

Riddler

01rtgurl
2GN Member

Re: Need pictures of 2gn's lowered....

Post by 01rtgurl » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Riddler wrote:Anyway coilovers are useless here cause they use salt on our roads.

My plan is to A. find a set of mopar stage 2 - height adjustable only or sell the IPP's and buy struts and springs.
Confused. The Mopars will do the same thing, I've got them, I live in Ohio. Sure, they're STAINLESS, big whoop...... the ring is aluminum. Aluminum + stainless + salt = mess. I cannot move the rear rings at all. I haven't attempted the fronts. The rears are blown and I'm wondering if I can even get them rebuilt, since you can't even move them! Good luck though. :P
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

TiOL
2GN Member

Post by TiOL » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Riddler wrote:Toill what struts are you using with your Progress 1.8TOURBO?

Riddler
stock struts !

ride pretty good comparing to my old 1st gen on eibach sportline with kyb gr2
neon 98 dohc sold

tamadrumr88
2GN Member

Post by tamadrumr88 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 pm

lambostealth wrote:H&R makes THE BEST suspension, period. Expensive, but WELL worth it. I can tell you this, the ride is fucking amazing, absolutely identical to stock, until you start carving, then it lets you know why you spent the extra money.
obviously your opinion is somewhat biased.... have you ever ridden on anything other than the mentioned H&R suspension??? every combination of spring/strut/full-coilover ive had on my car, or my friends '03 sxt is exactly as you described, "rides like stock until you carve corners"

hell, my 280lb/in-coilovers, hotchkis swaybars, lightweight 15's and ultra-small 195/50-15 ride "like stock" until i hit a bump in the road, or cut corners

lambostealth
2GN Member

Post by lambostealth » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:27 pm

tamadrumr88 wrote:
lambostealth wrote:H&R makes THE BEST suspension, period. Expensive, but WELL worth it. I can tell you this, the ride is fucking amazing, absolutely identical to stock, until you start carving, then it lets you know why you spent the extra money.
obviously your opinion is somewhat biased.... have you ever ridden on anything other than the mentioned H&R suspension??? every combination of spring/strut/full-coilover ive had on my car, or my friends '03 sxt is exactly as you described, "rides like stock until you carve corners"

hell, my 280lb/in-coilovers, hotchkis swaybars, lightweight 15's and ultra-small 195/50-15 ride "like stock" until i hit a bump in the road, or cut corners
Yes, I have ridden on Eibach pros (too bouncy), Goldlines (sagged within a year), Sprint (way to low, destroyed my shocks), Progress (just as bouncy as the Eibachs), Mopar stage2 CO's (better than most, but oberall a harsher ride than the H&R's)....a few others, to include Tein's, B+G, but irrelevant. And no, they weren't all in my car, however I belonged to a Neon club (Neon Elite) for two years and I rode in nearly everyones first, and second gen (we had 22 members), and from that experience, I can confidently say that H&R's are better.

I sound biased because I like the best springs available? No, I am biased because they are just the best. Get what you wish, but I am comfortable knowing what I have is better than anything else I have ever ridden on. You said yourself that the setups you have ridden on springs that ride like stock until you hit a bump in the road, well the H&R's are a true progressive rate spring, so when I hit a bump, the suspension feels it, not the passengers.
-Chris
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!
Hahn Turbo, Portfueler, 3"downpipe, BC Coilovers........ahh who cares.SOLD
2001 BMW 530I
2007 Honda Accord
1988 Ford F-150

CA180
2GN Member

Post by CA180 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:41 pm

grambo wrote:Image

Eibach Sportlines, ACR Dynamic Struts, Hotchkis Sways, Energy Bushys....
sebring rims!?! Yeah? sweet, ive been lookin for a set forever!! looks nice!

Current project... 81 C10 laying rockers
teamliviD wrote:I want another rim job!!!!

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:57 pm

Riddler wrote:I have a set of IPP coilovers which I think I'm gonna be selling. Some of the rings are locked up, not bad just need lots of oil and time. Have had them sitting for a couple days in oil.

Anyway coilovers are useless here cause they use salt on our roads.
Oh man, I was through that hell :( Had one of the shocks seize to the reciever. That shock was screwed anyways so I just gave it hell until it came out. I needed a pipe wrench and a 10ft bar to get it out. Actually pulled my vice out of the work bench at home. Had to go to work and use something more heavy duty. They sat in oil for weeks - heat - wouldn't budge. I bought the friggen things used from California WTF?

How bad are they? If the rings are screwed you can get new rings.

http://www.agvracing.com/ebay/coi%20price.jpg

If you're worried about the salt, I don't know if it's really that much of a concern. I know it was one of mine and I talked to Canuck_2K about it and he said he didn't have any problems with is going year round. Mine haven't seen a winter yet though - probably won't for a few years either.

Matt
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:14 am

tokico hp struts, eibach pro kit springs. if youre looking into suspension tuning and not just looks this is a good start. its a bit stiff and noisy, so if youre a sissy i wouldnt recommend it. :wink:
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

joelrgr
2GN Member

Post by joelrgr » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:02 am

Riddler, my coilovers saw salted Michigan roads all last winter and i have no issues whatsoever. I cleaned them up real good and clear coated over them and allowed to dry VERY thougholy before i drove in the winter. wire brushed them in the spring and they lower/rise like new.

blazesxt
2GN Member

Post by blazesxt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:03 am

Tein S Techs with stock struts! I like these more than the goldlines I use to have.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:03 am

01rtgurl wrote:
Riddler wrote:Anyway coilovers are useless here cause they use salt on our roads.

Confused. The Mopars will do the same thing, I've got them, I live in Ohio. Sure, they're STAINLESS, big whoop...... the ring is aluminum. Aluminum + stainless + salt = mess. I cannot move the rear rings at all. I haven't attempted the fronts. The rears are blown and I'm wondering if I can even get them rebuilt, since you can't even move them! Good luck though. :P
They've redesigned their spring collars, they're now using more of a composite plastic material that doesn't oxidize like the anodized aluminum ones did. If you call them up and explain to them that they're locked up, they'll send you the revised ones for free.

To prevent seizing you could possible put a small amount of anti-seize on the threads in the area that that collar will sit. Once you're ready to adjust them just use a brush and clean the dirt out before adjusting them.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:23 am

im still baffled as to why a company would use an aluminum ring on a steel thread. thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

SX_2.0_Monkey
2GN Member

Post by SX_2.0_Monkey » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 am

heres my slammed ride!!! stock suspension for the win!!!

Return to “Picture Post”