MPx 60mm throttle body

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
gninja21
2GN Member

MPx 60mm throttle body

Post by gninja21 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:12 pm

I installed the throttle body with ease. The only thing bothering is the hose that comes from the driver's side and hooks up to underneath the IAC motor on the stock throttle body. I could not find where it connected to and felt no vacuum (sp?) from it. I still have to buy the connector that will allow me to connect my breather (not PCV) on the valve cover to the stem on the throttle body. It got dark fast so I couldn't finish that part up.

Otherwise I can feel the difference, the throttle is much more responsive and no more high idle problems. The stock throttle body spring collapsed causing the IAC motor to return a higher value thus idle issues.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:44 am

"The only thing bothering is the hose that comes from the driver's side and hooks up to underneath the IAC motor on the stock throttle body."
You could tee that line into the brake booster vacuum line. AFAIK it goes somewhere under the brake booster anyway. Not sure why they didn't do it from the factory (or where/what it is/does). the hose connection by the AIC is manifold vacuum, so I wouldn't think teeing into the booster will be an issue.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Return to “Engine”