Donations for hurricane relief

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
moparknighthawk
2GN Member

Donations for hurricane relief

Post by moparknighthawk » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:15 pm

Donate If you wish, I am sure they could use your help. Link is below.

My wife and I sent our donation in already. :)

http://www.redcross.org/
Greg
GoMango 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, # 1592 of 4000. (MOPAR show car, cruiser)
Salsa Red 2000 Dodge Neon ES Touring (commuter)
1994 Ford Ranger (family workhorse)
Certified Mopar Nut!

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:08 pm

There is a call for volunteers to go to the area as well. If you can, contact the redcross or your local municipality's emergency management dept and they will glad to have your assistance.
01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:18 am

Do we (2gn) know of any of our members who live in that area who are directly affected?
01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:34 pm

why does no one want to talk about this? This is the worst natural disaster in our nation's history, and I would like to see if we, 2gn, can do anything to help any of our fellow members.

Louie, are you ok? I know miami got hit

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944

Frizbe
2GN Member

Post by Frizbe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:44 pm

I know louie and a few others are in Mimai (or however the fuck you spell that) but I dont know how far into Florida it got. and I don't belive we have any real "deep" south people on here.
Justin- I have nothing but smart ass remarks to add.
:-s
Fire_Hippo wrote:Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend

ilpadrino
2GN Member

Post by ilpadrino » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:12 pm

I was reading all about it today in the newspaper while i was waiting for my class to start. It really is tragic. But what're you gonna do? We always wanna stop things like war, cancer, and prolong things that'll provide a healthy life but things like mother nature cannot be stopped. That's why I thought a natural disaster movie like Day After Tomorrow would be great. But it sucked. Then again, this isn't the time or place. Sorry.

At least that ass-clown Bush is ending his vacation (isn't he always on vacation?) early to visit the area.

DannyBoy
Former Moderator

Post by DannyBoy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 pm

I know Louie and the guy with the white ACR live in Florida, hopefully they are OK.

Sorry, but I really cannot afford to donate.
Automatic wrote:Go fuck yourself Danny boy.
I am awesome.

SilverSRT05
2GN Member

Post by SilverSRT05 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:18 pm

Here in Houston we are getting all kinds of people coming in. One of the things people here are doing is temporarily adopting pets cause most hotels wont accept them. We just got a little poodle looking dog named snowball and he is cool.

They need to build a New New Orleans somewhere above sea level so that the water has somewhere to runoff. My .02
Suspension and Steering Technician at Allen Samuels Dodge in Katy, Texas

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:24 pm

I really can't add much... if I wasn't strapped for cash right now I would donate in a heart beat. To be quite honest here in Cincy the Red Cross said on the radio that if you wanted to help out down there for a couple weeks helping people put their lives together to give them a call. If I didn't have a job I'd probably do it after all these people have and will be going through.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

juicyjay504
2GN Member

Post by juicyjay504 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:02 am

If I didnt just drop a bunch of money on my soon to be home I would gladly donate but it will be a while before I can afford anything now.

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:19 am

Florida wasn't affected near as much as Louisiana or Mississippi. (But yes, I hope Louie's doing alright!) Do we have any members from those areas? :(

sxt_003
2GN Member

Post by sxt_003 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:21 pm

Yes u do have a member in the very deep south....Me

Guys it's bad here, really bad. I am an hour south west of New Orleans. Things are going from bad, to worse, to ...i just don't know. Even here we are starting ot have problems. We only got some wind and rain from the storm due to us being on the west side of it, but the after-affects are starting to reach us here. WE have stores being robbed, people being robbed, homes getting broken into and rape...It's crazy and coming closer and closer
Whomever said "it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all..." must have never been in love and should be shot

moparknighthawk
2GN Member

Post by moparknighthawk » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:50 pm

There is absolutely no sense in people acting that way. None at all. :(
Greg
GoMango 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, # 1592 of 4000. (MOPAR show car, cruiser)
Salsa Red 2000 Dodge Neon ES Touring (commuter)
1994 Ford Ranger (family workhorse)
Certified Mopar Nut!

sxt_003
2GN Member

Post by sxt_003 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:05 pm

Also, i work for our cities water treatment plant and as of next week we will be suppling a neighboring city because they are low on chemicals. You see we have a large company that orders and ships our chemicals and unfortunately it's out of NO. With the added run time and uppage of chemicals we will be running out shortly also. Our area is getting affected either way.
Whomever said "it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all..." must have never been in love and should be shot

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:19 am

This is completely crazy.

People shooting helicopters, cops, and medical workers. People hijacking / carjacking people. Homes being robbed at gunpoint. Looting gone wild. Cops turning in their badges...

in the superdome... 3 murders and 6 rapes per night.

These people are acting like animals, they will be treated like animals.

And they wonder why it is taking so long to evacuate them...it's now about safety and security of the resucuers, not the refugees.

The gov. of LA has just given the "shoot to kill" to the National Guard. By this weekend there will be over 28,000 national gaurdsmen in NO. Now the pentagon is sending 4,200 regular ARMY.

it's 90,000+ sq. miles of disaster area. Communications is the problem. No power, no cell phones, no radio towers. Police/fire radio's don't work without power/towers, cell phones don't work without power/towers. There is NO communications network.
Evacuation of Thousands...via the only way possible, buses that hold maybe 50, fuel shortages, lack of buses... it's a logistical nightmare beyond belief. There is no way we could have prepared.
And just imagine if they hadn't evacuated the thousands before the hurricane...

Good side of things...
ONE radio station in Charlotte NC has ALREADY sent (13) 53' semi's full of donated food and water. They are already there in Alexandria, LA... and they already have 2 more filled ready to roll.

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944

Return to “Off-Topic”