Maddog's STS 72-2 installed.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
King Crab
2GN Member

Maddog's STS 72-2 installed.

Post by King Crab » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Well, I've had this thing of beauty installed for a little over a month now, and finally have some pictures to share. I must add that the assembly was a piece of cake to install, even with the Booger bushings. The Maddog STS 72-2 is solid and smooth, and is a joy to use. With the console in you would never know what lurks below.

~David~

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm

I should take the seats out of my car and clean it out like that.

How do you like it?
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:42 pm

MoxHair To answer your question with one word AWESOME. :thumbup:
~David~

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:43 pm

you should look into some of cradle bushings from johnny mopar i have the 80%-4 and reduced 1 in. shorter in hieght with booger and cradle bushing and it is STIFF. looks good tho enjoy

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:59 pm

evilneon02 wrote:you should look into some of cradle bushings from johnny mopar i have the 80%-4 and reduced 1 in. shorter in hieght with booger and cradle bushing and it is STIFF. looks good tho enjoy
I was the first SRT-4 to have the 80%, JM Cradle Bushings, w/ Boogers and I will second the "Awesome" vote.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Damn that is one clean car... looks great!!!!
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 pm

MoxHair wrote:I was the first SRT-4 to have
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 pm

What is your deal? If you don't like me or my posts then do not post after me. Just ignore them like I do to most of this forum.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Let's keep the discussion civil, guys.

The cookie wasn't really necessary.

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm

FWIW, I thought the cookie was funny. He didn't mean any harm. He was just giving you a hard time.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Looks great man :thumbup: Makes my dirty car (although the interior is cleaner than the outside) look even dirtier :banghead:

I have been contemplating the shifter seriously ever since I saw livid's 80% :shock: Your testimonial (and everone else's) make me really want one!
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Very clean interior, and a great STS. I went with the 58% I believe, Love it.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:04 pm

MoxHair wrote:
evilneon02 wrote:you should look into some of cradle bushings from johnny mopar i have the 80%-4 and reduced 1 in. shorter in hieght with booger and cradle bushing and it is STIFF. looks good tho enjoy
I was the first SRT-4 to have the 80%, JM Cradle Bushings, w/ Boogers and I will second the "Awesome" vote.
I was probably the 50th person to do it and i love it i enjoy driving my car so much more everyday

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Fuzzyneon wrote:
MoxHair wrote:
I was probably the 50th person to do it and i love it i enjoy driving my car so much more everyday
I love the look on people's faces when they jump in the drivers seat and cannot tell what gear its in.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 pm

I want to Thank all of you for the nice comments, and I want you all to know that it's very much appreciated. Speaking for myself, I value the opinions expressed here on 2GN. And that most 2GN'ers are proud of what they have accomplished and/or have done with their Neon's. Being 1 of 76, or 1 of 13, or even 200 of 200...... Facts are facts and I don't feel that there's anything wrong with voicing the facts. If I didn't get all this useful information and apply it may car would still be stock (as it was for the first 5 1/2 years of her life).

MoxHair This is more for you as you may understand where I'm coming from.

Now the rest of you can flame me all you want for the next pictures I'm about to show. But know that this is one small part that I did to make my baby an extension of who I am. GO - KINGS - GO.

~David~

kplaya186
2GN Member

Post by kplaya186 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:29 pm

Cool shifter! I would like the back seat if you replaced that team's first letter with W instead of a K! :lol: Very original!

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm

I like the back seat cover.. where did you get it.

"Lucky" Luc Robitaille jersey right next to the "Great One" :rofl: The 2 players that helped make hockey in the Southern Parts of the Country.

I need to get some Small Sabres thing to put on my car. As I am OCD when it comes to clutter its hard to find something lol.

oh.. and Sabres v Senators in 15minutes.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:08 pm

To be honest, it's not a seat cover. It's actually a thin blanket I received when my wife so lovingly bought me a 6 game mini pack for Christmas in 06'.
I have a few little thing inside and out that :quotes: REPRESENTS :quotes:
~David~

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 pm

I have/had a stange feeling that its more than a team you are a part of....
Mox, my bad, had to do it though. And to keep it on topic, I like the shifter.
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 pm

King Crab wrote:To be honest, it's not a seat cover. It's actually a thin blanket I received when my wife so lovingly bought me a 6 game mini pack for Christmas in 06'.
I have a few little thing inside and out that :quotes: REPRESENTS :quotes:
Man.. I actually really like it. Its not over done at all, actually looks like it belongs.

I found something to add to my car to show my Sabres Love.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sa-BUFFA ... enameZWD1V

:)
2017 Subaru WRX STI

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Re: Maddog's STS 72-2 installed.

Post by NickKo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:58 pm

King Crab wrote:Well, I've had this thing of beauty installed for a little over a month now, and finally have some pictures to share. I must add that the assembly was a piece of cake to install, even with the Booger bushings. The Maddog STS 72-2 is solid and smooth, and is a joy to use. With the console in you would never know what lurks below.

Great shifters. :thumbup:

I am kind of surprised that you went with Booger Bushings on the shifter, however.

I HAD them on mine, and I couldn't STAND them..... A day after I installed the shifter, I removed them and went back to the stock bushings !!

Don't get me wrong, the Booger Bushings are a good product. I used them on the cable ends at the transmission, and left those there (they'll never rot or go bad.)
But when I had the Boogers installed at both ends of the cables (at the trans and at the shifter), it was so damn stiff, normal driving became a pain in the rear.

Now I have the Booger Bushings on the cable ends by the trans, and stock bushing in the Maddog shifter, and I'm very happy with it.

-Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Chibits12
2GN Member

Post by Chibits12 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 am

Makes me wish that I have an MTX, but I kinda like those cover seats though. :D

Edit: It wasn't a seat cover, it was a blanket.
Last edited by Chibits12 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4. Completely stock.

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 am

lol, where did my picture go?
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
Lemon Neon member #1.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:44 am

I still see it.

Sacramento Kings? :tard: :lol:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am

NickKo wrote: Great shifters. :thumbup:

I am kind of surprised that you went with Booger Bushings on the shifter, however.

I HAD them on mine, and I couldn't STAND them..... A day after I installed the shifter, I removed them and went back to the stock bushings !!

Don't get me wrong, the Booger Bushings are a good product. I used them on the cable ends at the transmission, and left those there (they'll never rot or go bad.)
But when I had the Boogers installed at both ends of the cables (at the trans and at the shifter), it was so damn stiff, normal driving became a pain in the rear.

Now I have the Booger Bushings on the cable ends by the trans, and stock bushing in the Maddog shifter, and I'm very happy with it.

-Nick
They actually loosen up after about a week.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 am

MoxHair wrote:
NickKo wrote: Great shifters. :thumbup:

-Nick
They actually loosen up after about a week.
To tell you the truth NickKo I actually have had the Boogers for almost a year now. The stock bushing that was on the transmission side (bigger bushing) had disintegrated completely. I had sooooo much play at the shifter end it wasn't good at all. The Dealer wouldn't sell just the bushings alone. They only sold the cable with the bushings for $180.00.:banghead: That's when, through our beautiful family 2GN, I found out about the Booger bushings for $20.00. That was a no brain-er. No offense Danteneon. Anyway to make a long story short, They were already there so I just went with it. And as with what MoxHair said, I too found that after a week of use they did loosen up.
~David~

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:17 pm

hell i even put some grease on the bar before i put the bushing on so the shifting would feel smoother

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 pm

King Crab wrote: To tell you the truth NickKo I actually have had the Boogers for almost a year now. The stock bushing that was on the transmission side (bigger bushing) had disintegrated completely. I had sooooo much play at the shifter end it wasn't good at all.
Mine (the big end) was not gone, but getting there. I've got a Booger in there now. :D

-Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:30 pm

MoxHair wrote:
Fuzzyneon wrote:
MoxHair wrote: I was the first SRT-4 to have the 80%, JM Cradle Bushings, w/ Boogers and I will second the "Awesome" vote.
I love the look on people's faces when they jump in the drivers seat and cannot tell what gear its in.
I love getting my carwashed cause the place i go to they drive it up and they ALWAYS start in 3rd the one guy told me to do it

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Damn...I try to keep my car spotless, and your carpet looks like new! :( I fail...
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

Return to “Picture Post”