1st Annual Mopar Cruise Across Kansas

For Clubs and Events in: IA,KS,NE,ND,SD,OK
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

1st Annual Mopar Cruise Across Kansas

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Copying from SRTforums. I am definately going to go!

1st Annual Mopar Cruise Across Kansas, May 9-10, 2008!!!!

Any and all are invited to show up and cruise!!!

This event is a Mopar (AMC included!) cruise that will encompass roughly 300 miles across scenic Kansas by starting in Kansas City, Kansas at the Kansas Speedway and ending up at the Ellsworth Rods, Ribs, and Rock Festival in Ellsworth, Kansas.

In between cruising along scenic Kansas at a leisurely rate and flogging your Mopar, the cruise will consist of stopping off at two Dodge Dealership sponsored car shows at Jim Clark Motors in Lawrence, Kansas [showcasing the new Challenger!] and at Marshall Motors in Salina, Kansas. There will be a special photo gathering at Marshall Motors with all the members, their families, and the Mopars that will be made available to purchase directly from the photographer (customized photos will be available if desired, possibly aerial photo). When was the last time you hit two car shows in one day, both of them being Mopar specific? The dealerships have promised to round up as many local Mopars as they see fit to share in the festivities and to provide certain refreshments and beverages. If you know of people who own Mopars that are on the route, tell em to register to join or just show up to the car shows! Also scheduled is a lunch at the Harley Davidson store in Topeka, Kansas (Henry’s Grill/BBQ) to revel in the Hogz on display, as well as eat some hogs off the grille!

Because this event is family oriented, we have a special event scheduled to take place at Russell Stover’s Candy Store in Abilene, Kansas. The store will be open for the children to view candy as it is being made! It will also be a good time to try some of the local sweets that you have not tasted in a while. (I am currently working with the candy makers to develop Kansas Mopar Cruise candy molds! I will have more information on this later.)

The Ellsworth Rods, Ribs, and Rock festival lasts from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. that evening. Please view their website for all the festivities that they are planning. I am in no way affiliated with the setup or planning of their event.

Go here to download your registration card, and yes, this does not cost you anything to go on the cruise:

http://www.geocities.com/race_dodge/1st ... onCard.doc

If you could complete and email me back the information, it would make things a lot easier for logistics and organization (email below), or fax to 785-240-0124 (available 12-15-07)

Please email me, Jamey Hancock, at racedodge@hotmail.com or jamey.hancock@va.gov call me at 620-757-1284 if you have any questions.

Itinerary:

May 9, 2008

7:00 a.m. Gather at Kansas Speedway Parking lot

7:00-7:30 a.m. Register vehicles (have registration card completed to hand in at this time), provide maps, emergency phone numbers,
list of vehicles, and provide vehicle numbers

7:45 a.m. Departure from Kansas Speedway

8:45 a.m. Arrive Jim Clark Motors, Dodge Dealership, Lawrence, Kansas

11:00 a.m. Depart Jim Clark Motors

11:45 p.m. Arrive Harley Davidson’s, have lunch

1:15 p.m. Depart Harley Davidson’s

2:00 p.m. Arrive Maple Hill Gas Station (Gas stop, maintenance, restroom)

2:30 p.m. Depart Maple Hill

3:45 p.m. Arrive at Russell Stover’s candy store, Abilene, Kansas

5:00 p.m. Depart RS Store

5:30 p.m. Arrive Marshall Motors, Chrysler/Dodge Dealership, Salina, Kansas
Evening Car Show until 7 p.m. or later!

7:00 p.m. *tentative* Dinner at local restaurants of your choice and stay at hotel/motel of your choice (group discounts
will be available, will determine them by January 15, 2007). Visit this website for night time activities in Salina
(Salina Area Chamber of Commerce )

MAY 10, 2008

7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Breakfast (wherever)

8:15 a.m. Stage vehicles at IHOP 535 W. Diamond Drive, Salina, KS (see maps)

8:30 a.m. Depart IHOP to car show

9:15 a.m. Arrive at Ellsworth:

- Register in one large group
- Line up all next to each other at show
SEE WEBSITE LINK BELOW FOR CAR SHOW ITINERARY AND EVENTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions:

- You may want to reserve your rooms for Friday and Saturday if you plan on staying late at the car show
- Bring extra vehicle fluids
- A tool box is always nice!
- Extra parts (i.e. alternator, ballast resistor, fuel pump, and what have you)
- Remember $15.00 for registration fee at the car show
- HAVE A GREAT TIME!

List of Hotels/Motels:

Salina Area Chamber of Commerce 48&Title=Hotels+%26+Motels&AdKeyword=Hotels+%26+Motels

The following hotels are giving discounts:

Country Inn & Suites (mention Kansas Mopar Cruise when reserving your room; standard rooms usually go for $125, with discount it is $79.00!!! Suites usually $138, with discount $89.00!!!) MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 10 ROOMS RESERVED IN ORDER TO GET THIS DISCOUNT

Econo Lodge WITH 10 ROOMS RESERVED $59.99 (regular $69.99), WITH 20 ROOMS RESERVED $54.99!!!

Links:

Ellsworth's Rods, Ribs, & Rock Festival | 3 Live Bands, BBQ Cookoff, Car, Cycle, & Antique Tractor Show, An Ellsworth Celebrations Event

https://www.russellstover.com/storeloca ... ?&city=145

http://www.marshallmotor.com/]Chrysler ... Salina, KS

[url]http://www.topekaharley.com]Kansas Motorcycle Dealer - Topeka Harley-Davidson[/url]

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:41 am

Not it...
06 Ford F150 Stock truck 23x,xxx miles and running strong
05 Chevy Equinox Wifey's

Official I sold my Neon Member #482

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 pm

JRM wrote:Not it...
Say what?

This sucks I kind of wanted to go. Then I see its all day Friday and Saturday. I work all day BOTH those days.

Thats when I make my most money too. :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Return to “Great Plains”