The fall and rise of Shyla...The End

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Danteneon
Former Moderator

The fall and rise of Shyla...The End

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:51 am

So I'm sitting at a stop sign, when I hear a crash behind me. About a second later, BAM! The Focus that had stopped behind me slams into the back of my wife's Caliber. Seems that the VERY incapacitated driver of the F-150 didn't realize that there were cars sitting in front of her....

Here is the damage

The DUB rear bumper is a quality piece. Took the impact very well. Wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't for this....

The entire exhaust will have to be replaced since it is a MP cat-back. I thought I might be able to salvage the exhaust since the tip didn't seem to take any damage, and I would have a used system to sell someone cheap, until I saw this...

It cracked the weld right at the muffler.

Now, these were taken this morning, since the accident happened at 7:45pm on the 22nd. But my story gets better...

I was driving with my wife in the passenger seat. I got out to see if people were ok. The guy behind me seemed alright, except he was trying to get a tag # from a F-150 leaving the scene. The same F-150 that rear-ended him! I said "OH HELL NO!" and got back in the car and chased her (didn't know who was driving, or how many people were in the truck at this point.

They didn't drive very far. A 1/4 mile down the road is a firehouse. They turned in there and drove around the back. Sweet! There is no outlet back there. They drive to an embankment and can't go any further. I stop about 6' from the back of the truck, just close enough so they can't try to back out and run again. My wife had called the police when we started to follow them, and was on the phone with them as we stopped. I felt pretty safe knowing the police were only a couple of minutes away, and we were behind a firehouse. I got out of the car, lit a cigarette, and stood by my left 1/4 panel waiting for the driver to exit. That didn't happen.

The driver then put the truck in reverse, and backed in to the Caliber! I went ballistic! My wive is on the phone telling the police "She just backed into us!" I ran to the door and started yelling at whoever was driving "WTF are you doing?! You have caused two accidents, park the truck, the police have already been called!" I didn't say it in the nicest of tones. The woman driving rolled down the window and stared at me with a shocked expression on her face and just kept nodding at me. I was a guy in the passenger seat slumped against the door panel. I walked around the car trying my hardest not to drag the woman out of the truck and beat her.

As I was calming down, my wife calls to me "She's walking away!" The woman must have felt she really shouldn't be there, took her purse, and walked calmly into the woods. I wasn't about to go after her. I wasn't so worried so much what she might do, but what I would do if I caught her. Plus there was the guy in the truck still. The police showed up about 2 min later, and arrested the guy (who was the owner of the truck). It took two officers to walk/drag him to the car since he could not walk on his own. A K-9 unit was sent into the woods to find the woman, but they didn't. The guy couldn't or wouldn't give up who was driving.

Here are some pics of the front damage...

As of today, I got the insurance info for the guy. Seems his insurance is the one to cover this damage. The woman now has two felony hit-and-run charges against her. I haven't heard if they have caught her yet.

Sorry for the novel, but I had to get this out. Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Danteneon on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 am, edited 15 times in total.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:57 am

Holy crap man i would have gone crazy if that woman left the scene.

Glad everyone was alright tho.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks man. Yeah, we're ok. My wives back is sore. She was in a head on collision at 60mph about 5 years ago, and has been going to a chiropractor for that for the past month to get that taken care of finally, and this happens. Whee.

latief
2GN Member

Post by latief » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:04 am

Man, what a horrible story. I'm glad you guys are ok, and that is the most important thing ...

if she backs into you on purpose while your in the car , that is much more than a traffic accident. She is attempting to harm you purposefully.... they should find her and through her in jail for a long time....

people get driving licenses WAY to easy in this country....

hopefully all will be fixed and back to normal soon ...

:thumbup:
Last edited by latief on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 am

Wow, that really sucks, I would be pissed if I were. Good thing no one is hurt though.

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:07 am

Wow.... very exciting in a morbid sort of way. Glad YOU guys are okay and hope they get her...
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:10 am

hansken_yo wrote:Wow.... very exciting in a morbid sort of way. Glad YOU guys are okay and hope they get her...
Yeah, it is kinda exciting...now. I was giving the story to my insurance adjuster on Saturday, and he said "Wow. I don't mean to laugh, but this is something you would see on cops or something." It was very much like that. Right down to the white trash couple in the truck :roll:

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:14 am

Are you guy's necks ok? Wow, your adrenaline must have been redlining. If those people weren't completely drunk, I don't see how they have a license.

I'm thinking that you could probably press charges against this bitch for reckless endangerment. God, I don't know what I would have done to that truck had they purposely backed into my wives vehicle. That is some messed up stuff.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am

Holy shit. I would have been so afraid when she started backing up.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:28 am

Ahhh that sucks! Hopefully you get it all panned out.

Oh yeah, Another FORD vehicle causing a wreck.

Like I said in the past, watch out for those Ford vehicles specially the trucks, crazy drivers behind the wheel....

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:29 am

ZeroChad wrote:Are you guy's necks ok? Wow, your adrenaline must have been redlining. If those people weren't completely drunk, I don't see how they have a license.

I'm thinking that you could probably press charges against this bitch for reckless endangerment. God, I don't know what I would have done to that truck had they purposely backed into my wives vehicle. That is some messed up stuff.
latief wrote:Man, what a horrible story. I'm glad you guys are ok, and that is the most important thing ...

if she backs into you on purpose while your in the car , that is much more than a traffic accident. She is attempting to harm you purposefully.... they should find her and through her in jail for a long time....

people get driving licenses WAY to easy in this country....

hopefully all will be fixed and back to normal soon ...

:thumbup:
Yeah, necks are ok. I plan on nailing her for all I can. There is NO reason for someone to get behind the wheel in that state. I'm not an advocate for pointless lawsuits, but I am going forward on this one. The cop that wrote up the report said he doesn't encourage people to chase down hit-and-run's, but because I did I made it a lot easier for them to make charges and arrests.
yellowpatrol wrote:Holy shit. I would have been so afraid when she started backing up.
Yeah, I was glad I had my wife in the car and not standing near the front. I had just walked from behind the car when she hit it, so I didn't have time to be scared...but I was very pissed :cussing:
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:Ahhh that sucks! Hopefully you get it all panned out.

Oh yeah, Another FORD vehicle causing a wreck.

Like I said in the past, watch out for those Ford vehicles specially the trucks, crazy drivers behind the wheel....
I agree. I have nothing but bad luck with Ford's...working on them or with them driving anywhere near me :(
Nutmeg wrote:Wow, that really sucks, I would be pissed if I were. Good thing no one is hurt though.
Thanks man :thumbup:

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 pm

John, Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I hope everything works out for the both of you.
~David~

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 pm

King Crab wrote:John, Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I hope everything works out for the both of you.
Thanks David, I appreciate that :D

jT
2GN Member

Re: So I'm sitting at a stop sign...

Post by jT » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Danteneon wrote:The guy couldn't or wouldn't give up who was driving.

The woman has two felony hit-and-run charges against her. I haven't heard if they have caught her yet.
i guess the part of the story that went from not knowing who she was or if she got caught to she has two felonies and her identity known was left out :P

funny story though, in a bad way, you know.. i was running the images through my head and it was totally an episode of COPS, and i was totally sitting here laughing..

at least youre both ok

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:36 pm

jT wrote:
Danteneon wrote:The guy couldn't or wouldn't give up who was driving.

The woman has two felony hit-and-run charges against her. I haven't heard if they have caught her yet.
i guess the part of the story that went from not knowing who she was or if she got caught to she has two felonies and her identity known was left out :P

funny story though, in a bad way, you know.. i was running the images through my head and it was totally an episode of COPS, and i was totally sitting here laughing..

at least youre both ok
Oops, sorry...the 2 hit and run charges were filed that night. I don't know if she has any priors yet.

I'm glad I can laugh at it now...kinda sorta.

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Danteneon wrote:I'm glad I can laugh at it now...kinda sorta.
I'm glad you and/or your wife didn't get shot, stabbed or ran down because they were afraid of the consequences. Stupid people do stupid shit, if you know what I mean.
~David~

biggrobb1995
2GN Member

Post by biggrobb1995 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Glad you and your wife weren't badly hurt. I on the other hand probably would have had to tackle my wife to keep her from ripping that lady's head off.
I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk!
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
I'm goin to drive my neon til it dies member #81
Some see angels, I've held one.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:29 pm

King Crab wrote:
Danteneon wrote:I'm glad I can laugh at it now...kinda sorta.
I'm glad you and/or your wife didn't get shot, stabbed or ran down because they were afraid of the consequences. Stupid people do stupid shit, if you know what I mean.
That was a concern waaaay back in my brain, but adrenalin kicks in, and, well, you know how that goes.
biggrobb1995 wrote:Glad you and your wife weren't badly hurt. I on the other hand probably would have had to tackle my wife to keep her from ripping that lady's head off.
If my wife wasn't in shock (flashbacks to the accident 5 years ago) she would probably have gone after her. I had enough to contend with, so that is a good thing :D
Last edited by Danteneon on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Damn that's some crazy shit....you have a CSRT4?

I see a rear diffuser...
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Adionik wrote:Damn that's some crazy shit....you have a CSRT4?

I see a rear diffuser...
Nope, that is the DUB rear bumper for the Caliber.

It was actually the prototype of the SRT-4 cover, but more aggressive.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:06 pm

That looks badass!

How's the caliber interior? Ride quality?

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Well, my wife loves this car. I'm not crazy about it. The interior feels much more "uptight". It isn't laid out as nice as a Neon, if that makes sense. It does have some nifty features, but I prefer the Neon. My wife and I (yep, she did a lot of the install work herself!) installed the MP CAI, header, and cat-back. Performance speed wise is pretty healthy, but the handiling....

I'm used to my ACR with lots of suspension work done, so it is an unfair comparison, but the motor mounts need to be filled (next project) and the crappy Firestone's on her suck to no end. It is a R/T, so the damping is better than most, but I would hate to drive a base or SXT the way we drive the R/T. Oh yeah...she is a 5sp as well.

bombtrack07
2GN Member

Post by bombtrack07 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:48 pm

hooray for stupid people!

i'm glad you're ok dude.
Brother will kill brother Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion Something I don't understand
Fools like me, who cross the sea And come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep, for their beliefs Do you kill on God's command?
J-Villa wrote:dude if she doesn't even shave her arms...i bet her cooter is hairy as a mo fo

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks man :)

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:24 pm

So your wife drives the awd r/t?

That's pretty badass. I would get that trim next to the SRT-4. I like the Calibers...I think the "ugly" thing is taken way over the top.

Chibits12
2GN Member

Post by Chibits12 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Good thing you're all ok. Hopefully that crazy woman that took off gets caught soon. :cussing:

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4. Completely stock.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Danteneon wrote:
Adionik wrote:Damn that's some crazy shit....you have a CSRT4?

I see a rear diffuser...
Nope, that WAS the DUB rear bumper for the Caliber.
Sorry to hear about the accident(s) John. Glad to hear that you and the wife were able to walk away.

Glad it wasen't me, because after she backed into my car the second time, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as calm as you, and would have done something I regretted probably.

Good luck getting everything fixed.

heyitsstock
2GN Member

Post by heyitsstock » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:42 pm

goooo... that is one way to start the day
DMND #57 What your girlfriend is pregnant?
Wenuden wrote: 1. Coat top three steps with vegetable oil. 2. Tell her to go make you a sandwich in the kitchen upstairs. 3. ??? 4. Profit

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes! I kinda had the idea of getting this "down on paper" so to speak, but I didn't expect the support you all have shared. It just reinforces the fact that this is the best forum on the web, Neon or otherwise. You guys rock :rockon:
Adionik wrote:So your wife drives the awd r/t?

That's pretty badass. I would get that trim next to the SRT-4. I like the Calibers...I think the "ugly" thing is taken way over the top.
My wife says thank you! And it's a FWD, not AWD. We would have gotten the AWD if they came in a 5sp, but they only come in automatic. I think there is going to be problems with that set-up, btw. I have seen 2 Auto AWD's come in the shop for trans work already :shock:

As a side note...some good will come out of this. The DUB bumper will have to be replaced by whoever's insurance, as well as the exhaust. I found out that there is only a $4.00 difference in the CSRT-4 front bumper, and list on the R/T front bumper. So guess who is getting her bumper upgrade finally? And of course the hood is different, so I am going to get that as well. The hood has to be repainted because the paramedics put their emergency kit on our hood while they were getting the drunk guy out of the truck. So, I just pay for the hood :rofl:

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:54 pm

:cussing: :beatstick: :runaway:

but glad you guys are good.
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

Return to “Progress/Project Log”