Holy CRAP!!!!!!

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Wenuden
2GN Member

Holy CRAP!!!!!!

Post by Wenuden » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:28 pm

So... While I was browsing the for sale forum, I looked up to watch Michael Mcdowwel qualify for the Texas NASCAR race, and watched him hook sideways and drive straight into the wall at almost 200 mph! He flipped and rolled 5 or 7 times, completely destroyed the car! Then got out on his own and walked away from the wreck. He had a sleight limp! Fucking incredible!!!

Update: He went to the infield care center, got checked out, and released. No broken bones, no trip to the hospital, and he's talking about getting the back-up car ready to run tomorrow. Like I said before, incredible!!!

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:55 pm

I for one loath NASCAR with a passion. That said, the safety of those cars is incredible! And no one can disagree with the amount of power and reliability they can get out of pushrod V-8's.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:05 pm

:withstupid:
I like the 200mph part of NASCAR...not so much the round and round and round part!
But damn that is incredible. I'd have filled my pants with poo and my helmet with puke; too damn dizzy to walk!
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:06 pm

I just got home and turned the tv on to see the safety crews checking the track for any small parts.. Didn't see the wreck but it must of been bad if the safety crew guys are walking the track.

Edit: Just saw the replay and WOW! That it insane! :shock:

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Danteneon wrote:I for one loath NASCAR with a passion. That said, the safety of those cars is incredible! And no one can disagree with the amount of power and reliability they can get out of pushrod V-8's.

Nascar is only worth watching IF there is a crash or two....
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm not a fan of NASCAR either, but safety has improved a great deal in the last few years.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:38 pm

hansken_yo wrote:
Danteneon wrote:I for one loath NASCAR with a passion. That said, the safety of those cars is incredible! And no one can disagree with the amount of power and reliability they can get out of pushrod V-8's.

Nascar is only worth watching IF there is a crash or two....
Not funny. This wreck 2 or 3 years ago would be leaving people without a son, brother, boyfriend, husband, cousin, nephew.... I understand that not everyone enjoys watching the same sports I do, but statements like that are retarded, even if its a joke.

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:45 pm

How about a few weeks ago when Tony Pedregon's car exploded and blew the body totally off and he walked away with a slightly burned hand. If we could get the safety that they put into these race cars into our road cars the death rate would drop a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99IfK3xQU4I
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:02 am

This thread needs video of so called accident. And I deliver.

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/04 ... ostPopular

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:34 am

that drag race was incredible. He only lost by a bumper LOL.

If our cars were as safe as a NASCAR car, it would take you like 12 minutes to get in and strap in. Not to mention you'd be stuck listening to the same station all the time and have no back seat LOL. Oh, and carbon fiber seats and hahns devices would drive the price of the car up like 3 grand. Not to mention @2000 for a cromoly roll cage and retarded reinforcement of the drivers side door.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am

I would llike to think that what goes into these cars safety-wise does eventually filter down to everyday vehicles over time. Race cars like these are kind of like rolling laboratories for the study of vehicular safety.

I wouldn't have been able to walk away as I would have fainted long before the car stopped flipping. :tardbang:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:28 am

Just saw the vid posted (thnx MyNeonSaysHi :thumbup: )

Wow, :shock: how the hell did he walk from that!!
Yeah, safety has come a long way.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:31 am

LOL he said he remembers all of it, from getting loose on the speedy-dry (the person who ran 2 people before him blew an oil line and layed oil down all over turns 1 and 2, they did a horrible job cleaning up, which is what caused the wreck), to hooking the rear and regaining front end grip, slamming the wall, the roll, everything. The fucker was laughing about it less than 30 minutes after it happened.

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 am

He limped like he just did a bad kickflip or something...not slamming into a wall at 200mph!

"Hey mike, stub your toe?"

"Naw, just slammed my car into a wall at 198mph, no biggie. I've had worse."

Return to “Off-Topic”