MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:59 am

yellowpatrol wrote:Shit $100 for a rim? That's crazy cheap. I like every single one you posted. We must have very similar rim taste.
:rockon: All the other ones are too crazy for me. I know a lot of people get aftermarket rims to get the looks from people.

For example:

Yo dawg check out my Exelz dey tite y0. I see yah starin. *Seat is as far back as possible since rear seat is out for mad weight reduction, hat is on crooked, popped collar, listening to fifteee cent. :lol:

Yuck!!!!

I looked into Exel and Nexo (same company) On other forums it seems like people are bending them easily too... mainly from hitting potholes though... Exel is actually a in house brand of WheelMax. I believe they make make their wheels in China/Philiipines and they stamp them with different labels and sell em cheap... The ASA is a knockoff of BBS, designed by BBS guys, but its made in Taiwan etc...

Nutmeg and Hansaken, those top ones are alright, but they really don't have a lip on them... I want a nice lip.
Last edited by MyNeonSaysHi on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 am

Just get gold dollar signs at that point.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:36 am

Hahaha, exactly! I will hopefully make my mind up by the end of the day. :D Those double spoked 5 spoke Enkei RSV's in Gunmetal are eyeballin me too...

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 am

I'll show you some of the ones I am looking at in case you like them. Hopefully I'll have new *WIDER* rims by May for moar traction.

These are the ones that I would love to have but cannot find anywhere. They are Rota - Real Lites. 17x7.5
http://www.rotawheels.com/reallite.php

These are the runners up, Drag Wheels - DR-25s in Silver, 17x7.5
http://www.dragwheels.com/product.asp?ID=65

Any finally here's a chop of the Rotas on my car:

FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 am

Hey you need to chop some of mine on my car. :wink:

Those Rotas look good on your car!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I ended up going with the Enkei Evo 5. They weigh only 3lbs less than stock @ 18lbs each. I have always been a fan of fat 5 spokes and the color is just right.

Here they are... (On another Ps2 Silver SRT-4)

I am also thinking about going with a vinyl for the sides.. Never been a fan of vinyls but these look like they would compliment my Hyperblack wheels.

I would go with a Charcoal or a Silver like this...
Nothing that screams, "Look at me" but its nice
Charcoal:

I do not have my AEM intake anymore. I sold it. lol. I am now rockin the stock airbox with drop in filter that was originally on thecar when I got it. Looking at some Injen intakes on Ebay... I got rid of the AEM due to its fitment and where the filter is located. The Injen uses the hole in the fenderwall like the stock setup uses. More clearance from the + terminal on the battery. Should of got that one in the first place.. I might just keep the stock airbox, not sure yet.

Here are some pict of my stock airbox to give you an idea...
^^^Notice the restriction. That piece of piping is mounted on the airbox. Plastic piping then goes to the turbo.

I am also thinking about routing my exhaust to the back. The SEE is cool and all, but I honestly don't like the looks of it, plus the fact that it hangs low due to Exhaust Depot's crappy design on not angling the SEE part down then straight from the piping under the car.

Having it exit out the rear will make putting the car on a lift a ton easier. Plus I will be able to go lower with my BC coilovers if I wish.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Those wheels are gonna look real nice. Ill check back on the update.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm

nice choice on wheels mang
FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks!

Its been around a month since I posted in my mod log.

I got a used Injen Short Ram Intake in black. The filter is in okay shape I will be replacing it once it gets really bad. The little bumpstop that sits on the battery tray would not come off from my AEM SRI So I cut it off. I need to remove my battery and that tray so I can get to that nut that is like seized up on there. It also came with a heatshield that helps block heat from the filter. Very durable piece. I did not put it on because the sensor that plugs intot he intake by the filter could not reach around the damn heatshield. So I will have to modify that for it to work.

After putting on the Injen I am getting crazy high boost spikes again. :roll: So I am gonna go back to 0 preload again and see if that helps. If not I will just throw my stock WGA back on. I then plan on putting the AGP and rerouting my vac lines ONCE again. :lol: Get it to set at 17psi. Intake sounds great! Stock surgevalve really opens up!

I also just got done ordering the MPX single exit system in stainless steel. :headbang: I will then lower my car a bit more and get her aligned for free.

Pictures shall follow with all my cool items.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Tue May 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Get a vid up of that MPX system when you get it, I'm interested.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue May 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Hey I have that exhaust. Did you get the 3" o2?
FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Nutmeg wrote:Get a vid up of that MPX system when you get it, I'm interested.
Will do. :thumbup:
Hey I have that exhaust. Did you get the 3" o2?
Using the 3'' one I already have.

Haha when did you get yours? I remember you saying youw ere thinking about getting it in your progress log. I can't wait to put it on!

Not sure if I should unroll the bumper and have it coming out of the left exit. I would like to do this because it would hide the canister. But I don't want an empty outlet. :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Tue May 13, 2008 11:53 pm

If you could "unroll" it, you could get or make some kind of a cover for the cutout.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed May 14, 2008 11:22 am

Nutmeg wrote:If you could "unroll" it, you could get or make some kind of a cover for the cutout.
Yeah there is a guy that hand makes covers on SRT forums. they are $75 plus shipping and not even painted. :roll:

Well this morning I decided to put my stock WGA back on. Was tired of the crazy boost spikes. Once I got everything on I noticed my coupler going to the turbo from my Injen intake was loose... :wtf: So that could of caused the high spikes, or maybe it didn't matter.

The thing that sucks about aftermarket WGA on the stock turbo is throttle response, you get more lag with the aftermarket WGA it feels like. Maybe I have had just bad luck because I had a buddy who put a PTP one on his car and it pulled hard. Ugh oh well. I well buy some vac lines during my vacation and do the reroute myself and see what happens.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Wed May 14, 2008 11:24 am

What kind of WGA did you have?

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 am

The Mopar Stage 2 WGA on full ECU control. Was working fine until I put the Injen intake on it. I think it has to do with the intake bringing in more air and spoolin the turbo faster. I was going to set the preload at 0, then I was like "fuck it" I will just put the stocker back on and be happy with 13-15 lbs and not have to worry about AFR and shit.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Wed May 14, 2008 11:30 am

Ah, I see. I think in the future I might go with a Forward Motion WGA, or maybe PTP. I haven't heard good things about the stage 2.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed May 14, 2008 12:46 pm

It was working fine, but the boost is really weird with it. You spike high then it drops down real low and comes back up. The Forward Motion WGA is the best so I have heard.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri May 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Soooooo.........w4t's up wit ur c4r?
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Car seems quicker the the stock WGA. Got the HID kit from BRR in the group buy, so I might be tackle that tommorrow after church.

I changed my tranny fluid over at work. Very easy to do. Used the Royal Purple Synchromax again. Took only about 2.4 quarts. Gotta change it every 18k.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon May 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Picts I been meaning to get up of my new Modern Performance single exit exhaust system. No CAT, single resonator, muffler.

Installed: (Pictures courtesy of mr. kc2002acr :D)

This exhaust is very quiet since it has a muffler. More quiet than the stock system. It sounds sooo good though once you get on it. I will post a video of it in a couple days.

----------------------------------------------
I also got a new hub and wheel bearing for my drivers side. It has a lot of play in it and its jsut now starting to make noises. So I plan on having Excellence Auto or however can do it it the cheapest, install it. :lol:

---------------------------------------------------

Here are some really good shots that kc2002acr took. I just had to put them here!

Enjoi!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm glad to see your muffler doesnt sit centered in the left cutout. Mine didn't either, and no amount of adjusting would fix it. Did you install it yourself?

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon May 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Video of exhaust!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 27, 2008 9:58 am

Wenuden wrote:I'm glad to see your muffler doesnt sit centered in the left cutout. Mine didn't either, and no amount of adjusting would fix it. Did you install it yourself?
I had a shop do it. I really don't know anyone that has power tools and I was anxious and wanted that damn SEE off. I could of down it at my job, but the owner doesn't like "modified vehicles" so I keep my car out of that place unless its a maineteance issue.

I can't believe you got tickets for yours... This thing is quieter than stock!!!

I will get exhaust clips soon. :thumbup:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey Stephen, I got my SD card now so I can shoot a video of your exhaust whenever you want! :D
FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu May 29, 2008 6:01 pm

yellowpatrol wrote:Hey Stephen, I got my SD card now so I can shoot a video of your exhaust whenever you want! :D
Too bad I live 50 miles from yah!!! Or I would take you up on that offer. I will try to get mine to work. :banghead:

Got my wheel bearing and hub installed yesterday. Holy shit! Car runs a ton smoother. No more vibration in the steering wheel. :rockon: I have the old one and it sezed up really good. You could take the new one and spin it with your hand, this old one doesn't spin at all. I plan on hooking up my HID's soon.

Other than that nothing really going on with my car for once, I think I have the exterior right where I want it.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Thu May 29, 2008 6:47 pm

lol I was kidding buddy. Glad you got your wheel fixed!
FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I can't deetect sacasm over the internetzz haha.

Well I got my HID's installed took me about 2 hours or so. I am really nit-picky on everything. Made sure it was all hooked up perfect. Well... when I turn on my headlights my side markers and turn signals turn on but not the HID's. But when I turn on the brights they light up. So I can't drive with my fogs and headlights on anymore. :(

But I do have the foglight mod now due to this. :roll:

Here is my exhaust, got a quick video of it:

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am

Well its been a while since I updated but I recently found this hangar that came with my exhaust and had no idea where it went. Well... I had a friend come over that got the exact same system as me and sure enough I figured out where it went, so now my tip hugs the bumper even more which is good.

I recently picked up a DC rear strut bar for one hell of a deal from fireantz here on the forum. My trunk carpet was nasty from the previous owner so I took it all out and tried to clean it up using a steam cleaner and various household carpet cleaners... No luck. A bunch of like paint stains don't want to come out. So I just took it all out including the spare and jack and cleaned up a bunch of sand/dirt/debris/etc that was in there. Still not finished yet. I guess I am going against the trend of people installing carpet in their trunk. :lol: I then jacked up the rear and installed the rear strut tower. Here is how she looks:

Here is a pict of my authentic Mopar sun reflector that I picked up for free last year from a former neon owner koreysxt.

I also installed the HID kit from BRR. Its 4300k.

A recent random shot of my car:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Looks real good. Got any close ups of the lights?
FEEDBACK

Return to “Progress/Project Log”