Modernperformance unsecured site?

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
gilly02le
2GN Member

Modernperformance unsecured site?

Post by gilly02le » Thu May 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Has anyone else noticed how many people left reviews saying they had their Credit Card info jacked/identity stolen on modernperformance.com... Are these legit claims i'm wondering? its a great site, but i would hate to think they are that sloppy with their security...
New Sig Time.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I haven't even hears about this... link?
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu May 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Really? Well that makes sense. My debit card was hijacked last week. In the last 2 monthes, Modern was one of the 4 places I used my card in the last 2 months. Where are you finding these other reviews?
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Thu May 15, 2008 4:15 pm

hmmm i want to know this one for sure,i do alot of buisness with modern.now i am paraniod
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm

haven't done any transactions in about 3 years with them...hopefully i'm safe heh
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Thu May 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Their online is separate from any transactions done over the phone. So that is a bonus if your like me and look on line and call to place an order
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

dgodard
2GN Member

Post by dgodard » Thu May 15, 2008 4:36 pm

I've done 4 online orders and still 0 problems with credit card :), lucky me?
2005 SRT-4 Orange Blast
Stock!!!

2003 NEON R/T Bright Silver
Iceman CAI, Clear corners, Booger bushings, Prothane MMI, Mpx UDP, Tokico Blue, MSD coil & wires,

RIP
2001 NEON SE

hul kogan
Former Moderator

Post by hul kogan » Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 pm

they are running the transaction section of their site on a SSL. but, that doesn't mean hackers couldn't still get to the information.
Chris | 00 Dodge Neon (Dark Jewel) | 04 Dodge Neon R/T | 00 Honda S2000 |

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Thu May 15, 2008 6:39 pm

mine was jacked when i did my fog light order last week,, i contacted corey bout it, and he insured me that they didnt get if from there site..

he said the clear there CC numbers everyday, they are dont on a separate secure server, and some other stuff...

but its funny that this cameup..considering i ordered fog lights, lst monday and my car stuff was stolen on thursday!
hmmmmm

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu May 15, 2008 7:34 pm

I order stuff from them about 3-4 times a year and dont have any problems.

Thats weird.
-chris
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

kevo
2GN Member

Post by kevo » Thu May 15, 2008 10:53 pm

not surprised if they are true. All of those carts are brutally insecure. phpnuke (and similar portals), zen cart, cube cart (and similar carts) are some of the most vulnerable scripts on the internet today. Message board scripts like phpbb are in a solid third place.

Me and a friend ran a test on a similar cart a few weeks ago. We were able to use one of many XSS (Cross site scripting) exploits. We set our trap and once the admin of the cart logged in, we had direct access to their mysql database. Names, addresses, credit card numbers etc. We had access everything.

If we were malicious douchebags we really could have cleaned house with this info. We could have charged a million things on those cards, sold the personal information such as name, address, age, what they bought to spammers. Not to mention having the ability to ruin the business owners reputation. These scripts are not worth the hassle.

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 am

I'm trying to figure out what i was looking up, when i saw, one bad review, i think it was on a agp wastegate, and another on the projector headlights, one of the two items i was looking at, two different people said they had their info stolen... if i can find these reviews, ill post em up.. either way, makes me glad i order over the phone with them...
New Sig Time.

jT
2GN Member

Post by jT » Fri May 16, 2008 5:14 am

for an extra level of security for online purchases you could always set up paypal on your card, then use paypal's virtual debit card for a one time use number.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri May 16, 2008 8:11 am

Hmm, I never saw any reviews like that on the site, but I too have had my CC number stolen once, not long after one of my past orders with them. I buy a ton of stuff with them. I'm thinking I may just do over the phone from now on!
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

kevo
2GN Member

Post by kevo » Fri May 16, 2008 9:22 am

jT wrote:for an extra level of security for online purchases you could always set up paypal on your card, then use paypal's virtual debit card for a one time use number.
This doesn't help much either. You are bound by payal's Fraud Policies which more often than not, are not in your favor. It will help prevent any further money being pulled from your account but you will still be at a loss.
yellowpatrol wrote:Hmm, I never saw any reviews like that on the site, but I too have had my CC number stolen once, not long after one of my past orders with them. I buy a ton of stuff with them. I'm thinking I may just do over the phone from now on!
If modern knows about this, they must be pretty stupid to keep that cart online. They should hire someone to help beef up security.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 am

Interesting... because I also purchased some things from them back in January and a month or so later my bank's fraud dept called me to say they had some suspecious charges to my card. Turns out it wasn't me, it was someone else so they took the charges off without question and reissued me a new card.

Guess I'll be calling from now on...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

asanti
2GN Member

Post by asanti » Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 am

Damn this is VERY interesting because I'm in the same boat. Ordered through their cart a few months ago and I found several charges to my account for different "websites" popping up 2-3 times a day soon after that. I have been trying to figure out where the hell someone got my info from but this does lead to a very possible explanation... I'll have to let my bank's investigators know about this.

Later
Allex
Official "I drove my Neon till it died" member #??? Parted out the '01 so that she can live on through others! (Now driving + modding my '09 Chevy HHR SS!)
Mat00ES wrote:Find me a buyer and I'll sell some body parts for car parts.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am

Damn this is crazy! My charges were from CCBILL.COM, which after a quick google search is a known fraud site.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Fri May 16, 2008 11:58 am

Man am i ever glad i brought this up. Seems like a lot of ppl have been effected.
Either way, at first i thought maybe it was competing business' slandering their site, to hurt thier sales, but now that i hear a lot of you have had problems, There is no doubt in my mind thier site sucks as far as security goes.
New Sig Time.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Happen to have a link to the other discussions with people saying they may have been affected? I say 'may' because it's not proven this is the source so it's not fair to say Modern is the culprit when it could be something else.
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

kevo
2GN Member

Post by kevo » Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm

i guess this increases the suspicions then. I wonder if they know this crap is going on?

They should really have someone look over their setup.

asanti
2GN Member

Post by asanti » Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 pm

yellowpatrol Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn this is crazy! My charges were from CCBILL.COM, which after a quick google search is a known fraud site.
There's F'in proof right there! :cussing: . These are the people that are running $29.99, $9.98 charges on my bank card (thank GOD I got it replaced!! The charges are coming from CCBILL.COM, easynews.com, and eubill.com (IIRC on the 3rd name). If you call the number they provide you with they'll just say that they're a "warehouse for 20,000 websites" and that they NEED your credit/bank info to tell you which website you're being charged for. F'in losers. :cussing:

Later
Allex
Official "I drove my Neon till it died" member #??? Parted out the '01 so that she can live on through others! (Now driving + modding my '09 Chevy HHR SS!)
Mat00ES wrote:Find me a buyer and I'll sell some body parts for car parts.

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Fri May 16, 2008 2:08 pm

haha u guys got lucky..mine charge was for 787.17$ to some mexican place!
hmmmmm

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:12 pm

asanti wrote:
yellowpatrol Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's F'in proof right there! :cussing: . These are the people that are running $29.99, $9.98 charges on my bank card (thank GOD I got it replaced!! The charges are coming from CCBILL.COM, easynews.com, and eubill.com (IIRC on the 3rd name). If you call the number they provide you with they'll just say that they're a "warehouse for 20,000 websites" and that they NEED your credit/bank info to tell you which website you're being charged for. F'in losers. :cussing:

Later
Allex
They handle the billing for a lot of pr0n sites so they're telling the truth. :lol:
-Jason

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Fri May 16, 2008 4:28 pm

I wonder if they have edited them out, because i can't find the reviews mentioning fraud, For that matter, i can't find Even one bad review on there site now.. which makes me think they probably just deleted those reviews....
damn it, now i look like a liar...:( , but its all good i have no reason to bring this up if i hadn't seen them on there site, since personally i've had no problems whatsoever with thier service.
New Sig Time.

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 pm

I read them as well. I'm a little weired out that they deleted so many reviews about that. I think it would be a sour move for them not to take action about this.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Yep, and even not on the topic of fraud and ID theft, they deleted my review on the SRT 3" O2 housing. I gave it a poor review for not coming with the bolts, and because MP wouldn't respond to my e-mails or return my call concerning that.
FEEDBACK

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Sat May 17, 2008 1:14 am

so they do delete negitive feedback, hmm, glad to see iim not crazy, since one day they had quite a few negitive's, the next, they have None.
New Sig Time.

jrumann59
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by jrumann59 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:29 am

CCBill.com is most commonly used by pr0n sites, just FYI, also a lot of the info is stolen for online MMORPG sites.
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Sat May 17, 2008 11:23 am

gilly02le wrote:so they do delete negitive feedback, hmm, glad to see iim not crazy, since one day they had quite a few negitive's, the next, they have None.
That actually bothers me. I love modern, but that isn't right. I understand from their perspective, that it may hurt business. But i like reading reviews before i buy something. If there is enough negative reviews they should stop selling that product.
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

Return to “Vendor Feedback”