Why am I so gay for my car?!

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
OverDrive418
2GN Member

Why am I so gay for my car?!

Post by OverDrive418 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 pm

I can't do it.
I've pondered and planned and thought about it for months now and I just can't do it.
That little silver automatic, grocery getting, gas sipping, ticket magnet, fluid dripping, PMS on Sunday driving, 107k mile having, to work and back, got more pics of it in the album than I do of my family, money grubbing, noise making, Birthday present to me from me, tire eating, ding wearing, tail light seal leaking, show going, race going, still on the original timing belt time bomb having, every rental car agency has one hundred of them, 2.0 SOHC 4 banger...
I just can't do it...
I can't sell her.
As much as I try to convince myself "I really want an SRT-4", I can't do it.
I don't know how and why it happened or when exactly but I somehow fell in love with that little car...now it's til death do us part.

If you get to hell and see a redhead dude in a silver Neon burning sulfer trails, just wave and say, "Hey, it's that OverDrive guy from 2gn!"
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm

didn't you sell everything off the car as well?
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Oh yeah, shes all stock except for the header and exhaust.
So close to selling but didn't.
So I guess my plan now is get her a good tune-up/douching and start to re-mod her. I'm not doing another bodykit though, I'm pretty much leaving the outside stockish this time around.
Mostly sticking to suspension and engine upgrades since I know way more now about the car, what works and what won't, and how I want it to perform than I did when I built it the first time. Smaller lightweight wheels, coilovers, swaybars, interior upgrades, MTX swap...
IT WILL NEVER END!
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 pm

If I had the money I'd so sell my SXT to get an SRT-4. Everything I'm doing to the SXT is to make it more like an SRT so I'd probably save a boat load of cash buy just getting an SRT and be done with it. I think in this day and age of high gas prices an SRT-4 is just about the ultimate.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 pm

I know exactly how you feel. So much of what you said hit home.
~David~

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

I have the worst of both worlds... One car that is falling apart and one that gets me 12mpg, 16 if I am lucky.
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Just think about the cheaper insurance. Maybe that will cheer you up.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 pm

TN.Frank wrote:If I had the money I'd so sell my SXT to get an SRT-4. Everything I'm doing to the SXT is to make it more like an SRT so I'd probably save a boat load of cash buy just getting an SRT and be done with it. I think in this day and age of high gas prices an SRT-4 is just about the ultimate.
I was wondering when you'd say that :lol:

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:55 pm

12-16 mpg is your fault, not the car LOL. I drive hard often and still get exactly 21.3 mpg every tank.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:43 am

i was just in the same boat as you i was so close to selling my car but i couldn't i just love it
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 am

yellowpatrol wrote:Just think about the cheaper insurance. Maybe that will cheer you up.
:withstupid:
State Farm just increased my premium by $100 annually.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 am

...survived 3 hurricanes, got me through school, outlasted my marriage, helped catch a fugitive, my first brand spanking new car (with 15 miles on it) not someone elses unfinished business, got new door thanks to a cargo van backing into it while it was parked, putting some Initial D watching whippersnapper in his place, getting spanked by just about everything else...
Ah the memories!

Just adding to my list, I'm sure there's more.
Last edited by OverDrive418 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:54 am

i ALMOST kept my car, until I realized it's nothing that i want in a car... so that made it a bit easier

and then i also realized it was my learning car when it comes to working on them, so i screwed a lot of things up. having a fresh start made it alot easier to sell the damn thing off as well
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 am

I already bought another car too; not an SRT just something cheap to throw around and blow up in the meantime.
Sort of a trasition car if you will so I could tear down the Neon.
I'm telling you I was soooooo close to selling it and then I get all gay and sentimental about an inanimate machine and now I can't do it.
I'll be 80 years old trying to find parts on Classic Mopar.com to keep my Neon running!

BTW my girlfriends getting a kick out of my insanity. She says its "so cute and funny".

Chibits12
2GN Member

Post by Chibits12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am

That's exactly how I also feel with my car too. My car's ready to be sold or traded in anytime but I just get too attached with it. I've already removed all my crap in the car, down to the seat covers. I just can't make up my mind. I'm definitely gonna buy a two door next time. :tardbang:

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4. Completely stock.

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Wenuden wrote:12-16 mpg is your fault, not the car LOL. I drive hard often and still get exactly 21.3 mpg every tank.
750s and a DTEC running rich. I beg to differ. :)
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

cgneon
2GN Member

Post by cgneon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 pm

OverDrive418 wrote: I'll be 80 years old trying to find parts on Classic Mopar.com to keep my Neon running!

BTW my girlfriends getting a kick out of my insanity. She says its "so cute and funny".

hahaaaa im sure 'll be 80 bidding against you for parts on ebay as well.. and my GF thinks it's stupid crazy and nuerotic, not cute and funny lol..

i test drove so many different kinds of used cars, cant even think to afford a new one right now.. cobalts, focus, mustang, jeep, toyota, etc etc...... none were as much fun to drive or looked as smooth as a big booty 2gn... i just hit 60k the other day, and bought it back in 03, so it'll last me frikkin forever..

CrashTeam
2GN Member

Post by CrashTeam » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm

titansxt wrote:
Wenuden wrote:12-16 mpg is your fault, not the car LOL. I drive hard often and still get exactly 21.3 mpg every tank.
750s and a DTEC running rich. I beg to differ. :)

Tune that pig! Im running stg2 very very rich, I still get 22-24mpg
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stg2/Toys, 3" TBE, 3"o2, FM Wastegate, AEM Intake, Running 20psi

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 pm

OverDrive418 wrote:BTW my girlfriends getting a kick out of my insanity. She says its "so cute and funny".
That's because she is still just your girlfriend.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am

welcome to the club man...

there's quite a few of us here that are in this for the long haul... I'll never sell my neon as long as replacement parts are available.
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:59 pm

its those looks it gives you as you walk up on it, i feel your pain man, i dont think ill ever get rid of my car. when this engine dies ill get another one and another one and .....you get the point
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”