Montell (MEasy) and I at the Team ECR show

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Montell (MEasy) and I at the Team ECR show

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:45 am

This show was last weekend but I just got around to uploading all the pictures and such. I'll post our cars first and then the other cars. He and I were in the Mopar class. He took third, I took second and the Yellow 300C (somehow in the Mopar class) took first. The 300C was owned by some famous ball player, so he and I were convinced that was the reason the car won. It wasn't in my tastes but its quality of work was good.

Montell:

Myself:

Sweet little ATV:

The Mopar class winner:

This took Best Female :roll: it never seems to count that you do your own work:

Here's some more of what was in our class:

Chrome Civic:

Best Airbrush and Best Honda Other:

This car was pretty bad ass for a Bird:

I loved the wheels on this Nissan:

Interesting paint job on the Evo, it almost looked like cloudy skies:

Benz:

This was a Honda of some sort in another life. There was quite a bit of custom body work done to it:

<3 this Subie:

Interesting airbrushing:

While it may not be in my tastes this was a killer tribute to those lost in 9/11. He lost his best friend who was a police officer in the West tower:

I usually don't say this, but I absolutely loved this little Teggie:

This was a pretty clean hatch too, I loved the interior:

G35 <3 Speed bumps (sticker on the windshield)

Theres plenty more but thats enough for now. Maybe Montell will chime in with some of his shots.

Oh yeah......trophy:
Last edited by LilSparkPlug on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Both neons are looking great.. I honestly don't see how that 300 could have won. Yellow is probably the worst color they could have chosen for a car that big, looks like the magic-school-bus, or ninja-turtle van, hahah. Just too much of a tank for me i guess.
And wow, i really can't handle the blue accord(i think) that has tony montana and a huge pile of coke airbrushed onto its hood... thats just, punch-worthy.
New Sig Time.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:45 pm

I think interesting was definitely the only way to describe that. I didn't care for the yellow either, nor did I care for the yellow in the rims. The interior to me looked like vomit instead of "yellow woodgrain". Montell can potentially chime in and say who he was exactly, since I'm not sure.

Thanks for the compliments though :)

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Great shots! Car was looking great also. I wish there were shows like that around here. I would love to start entering.

Also, I would definitely rock that chrome civic.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Damn, I'd take 80% of those cars happily! (and the others I'd also take, but I'd sell and buy something else)

Very cool and congrats on you both placing!
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Your SRT is nice. I like it.

But I'm not a fan of any of those "Show" Cars. Not my style, i simply do not get the look.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

glasswars wrote:Great shots! Car was looking great also. I wish there were shows like that around here. I would love to start entering.

Also, I would definitely rock that chrome civic.
I'm sure there are, WhyConform always seems to be entering in shows that are in New Jersey. This show I drove about 1.5 hours to get to. Alot of them depend on me driving well over an hour to get there. There aren't alot in RI, though I will be attending one tomorrow put on by Club 350GZ.
TheRandom1 wrote:Damn, I'd take 80% of those cars happily! (and the others I'd also take, but I'd sell and buy something else)

Very cool and congrats on you both placing!
Thanks hun! :) There were some there that I really liked and others that were far over the top for my tastes. I appreciate the work but sometimes its just not well thought out.
MoxHair wrote:Your SRT is nice. I like it.

But I'm not a fan of any of those "Show" Cars. Not my style, i simply do not get the look.
Thanks Mox :) greatly appreciated. And I do agree with you, some of the stuff that is done just isn't...sensible? (lack of a better term). There are times that I don't place as well as I could have if I had some crazy stupid stereo system, or some lambo doors, or lots of chrome. Alot of people misunderstand that even though theres no crazy airbrush nonsense, it took ALOT of work to get the car to look the way it does. IMO....its a tasteful show car. :) If only I could decide on what to do w/my interior.[/quote]

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Make it look very cool and give it all to me is a great start! :lol:
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:06 pm

LOL give you my interior??! Madness!!!

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Meh, it was worth a shot! lol

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:44 pm

The seats will have pink in them, thats a given.....if thats your flavor then....welll..... :blob3:

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm

There are fabric/leather/vinyl dyes out there, that's no problem, haha

hul kogan
Former Moderator

Post by hul kogan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:24 pm

both of your cars are looking great!

on a side note, that chrome civic looks badass...minus the four spokes. looks like there were quite a few nice rides there.
Chris | 00 Dodge Neon (Dark Jewel) | 04 Dodge Neon R/T | 00 Honda S2000 |

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:18 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote: Thanks Mox :) greatly appreciated. And I do agree with you, some of the stuff that is done just isn't...sensible? (lack of a better term). There are times that I don't place as well as I could have if I had some crazy stupid stereo system, or some lambo doors, or lots of chrome. Alot of people misunderstand that even though theres no crazy airbrush nonsense, it took ALOT of work to get the car to look the way it does. IMO....its a tasteful show car. :) If only I could decide on what to do w/my interior.
You're car seems to be a very nice clean car but i could see you're car as a daily driver. where most of those cars are strictly show and not DD. regardless you're car is hot coming along amazingly
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Congrats hun! Another trophy for the shelf :)
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

neon2ner
2GN Member

Post by neon2ner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:29 pm

congrats guys and cars looked great.

that STi owns all. work emotions ftw
Scott Woodworth
2004 SRT-4
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:49 pm

i'm beginning to love the JDM look of things more and more everyday.....

on another note, i hope and pray to one day have my cobalt as modded as your SRT.
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

I hope one day to have enough money to continue modding my SRT. Ha ha I need more money for that!!! The chrome civic really wasnt that bad, considering what is done to them most often. But I loved that little orange teggy.

Fuzzy: Yes its definitely a daily driver, no choice there, someday that may change. At least I hope it will. But I'm not into the tackiness of most show cars, its just not my style. I changed him up quite a bit but made him tasteful at the same time. And usually the tastefulness beats out the tackiness unless people are clueless.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:22 am

Opi wrote:i'm beginning to love the JDM look of things more and more everyday.....

on another note, i hope and pray to one day have my cobalt as modded as your SRT.
I like the JDM look alot its just the JDM hella fast super wing chrome turbo interfoolers that bothers me.
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Yeah some things that are JDM....shouldn't be.

Cabbs
2GN Member

Post by Cabbs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm

I wonder if half the people that go around spouting JDM stuff even knows what it means. The JDM front for Integra's are nice though.

LilSparkPlug I think you have the only pink car I actually like. My friends like it too :)

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks Cabbs :) I get that from alot of people. Although the show I went to today, sponsored by the G35 drivers....well....they were a bit less than polite when they posted pictures about "liking the pink neon". Theres always a few.

Cabbs
2GN Member

Post by Cabbs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:38 pm

That's just how it is, unfortunately.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 pm

I hear you, but you don't make your car to please everyone, just yourself. :) If other people like it, thats always a plus.

DouglasSXT
2GN Member

Post by DouglasSXT » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Cograts on both of your placing's... There were some really nice cars in your catagory that you beat. The 300 Pic :shock: WTF would you put your floor mats on your hood???

And please give me more pics of the TA!!! =P~ :gears:

measy27
2GN Member

Post by measy27 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 pm

DouglasSXT wrote:Cograts on both of your placing's... There were some really nice cars in your catagory that you beat. The 300 Pic :shock: WTF would you put your floor mats on your hood???

And please give me more pics of the TA!!! =P~ :gears:
He had his name and number embroidered on them. The car was trailered there. In one of the pics you can see the tall spanish guy with the Vikings jersey. He's the one who went up and grabbed the trophy for that car.

OMG. Crytsal when I left. I was walking by that SRT8 Charger and the guy had his crew there and he was like " How the F*** did I get beat by 2 Neons, They cant compare to me!!" As I walked by I looked at him and then I looked at my trophy. They all got real quite..lol. I thought The were gonna take my trophy lol...

The Charger had Obnoxious 24in rims and a AEM intake. Thats its. Both crystal and myself can take up 1 page or more with a list of things done to our cars. Thats why he got beat.
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah LOL they were PISSED! But they don't understand how much work went into the two "neons". We didn't just slap 24" rims on there and call it a day. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...they lost.

Who was that guy Montell? Do you know what team he plays for? I looked up the name on the mats and came up empty handed.

Douglas: Thanks again hun :) I thought the same thing about the floor mats. I would have displayed them in front of the car with the trophies maybe? Then again I hate displays of trophies in front of cars, I think its tacky as all hell. But thats just me.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 pm

nice shots, and congratz!

btw, my wife lieks your car, sparky.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

measy27
2GN Member

Post by measy27 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:24 pm

I have no clue to who he is. I heard someone say he plays for so me team then all the bike people started revin and stuff. So I walked away. I never heard of him. His plates say "DDAYE"
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:24 am

MoxHair wrote:Your SRT is nice. I like it.

:withstupid:

Return to “Picture Post”