Supertrick_05 Meets LilSparkPlug: RI Photoshoot *More pix!*

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Bone_Yard: Cut the innuendos, its not neccessary. Nothing happened outside of two friends meeting up. Keep the high school atmosphere in high school, it doesn't belong in this thread. You are instigating and its unwelcome. Not to mention you are suggesting things occured that did not and its insulting to both parties involved. I don't appreciate it. I came to 2GN because of its friendly atmosphere, you are counteracting that claim. You've made your jokes and now its time to stop.

I think round trip he was around 3,000 miles or so. And thanks for the comments on the pictures as well :)

03blackrt
2GN Member

Post by 03blackrt » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Fix ASAP...

^ Missing lower splash shield thingy on the front lip (and needs to paint the bumper under the lip black).

^ Has a little hanging thingy on the diffuser; on the outer, underneath edge.

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Bone_Yard: Cut the innuendos, its not neccessary. Nothing happened outside of two friends meeting up. Keep the high school atmosphere in high school, it doesn't belong in this thread. You are instigating and its unwelcome. Not to mention you are suggesting things occured that did not and its insulting to both parties involved. I don't appreciate it. I came to 2GN because of its friendly atmosphere, you are counteracting that claim. You've made your jokes and now its time to stop.
Well said hun! Bone_Yard, I understand that you are still young and in highschool, but you have to draw the line somewhere, and just realize that I have told you to quit awhile ago. Now that you know both of our feelings towards your comments, please keep them out of this forum if you can't be civil. Thanks.
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:49 pm

There is no hanging thingy, thats part of the diffuser itself (I think thats what you're talking about). Its a bit too long for that part of the bumper so it doesn't stick to anything.

03blackrt
2GN Member

Post by 03blackrt » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 pm

It should be trimmed to fit then; flush with the inside/bottom of the bumper. Just looks slapped on because of that IMO. And the door portion of the side skirt on the passenger side rear door looks crooked! Yeah... I'm a perfectionist. :runaway:

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:38 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Bone_Yard: Cut the innuendos, its not neccessary. Nothing happened outside of two friends meeting up. Keep the high school atmosphere in high school, it doesn't belong in this thread. You are instigating and its unwelcome. Not to mention you are suggesting things occured that did not and its insulting to both parties involved. I don't appreciate it. I came to 2GN because of its friendly atmosphere, you are counteracting that claim. You've made your jokes and now its time to stop.

I think round trip he was around 3,000 miles or so. And thanks for the comments on the pictures as well :)
Just a joke sorry. Please dont take what I say seriously way too much pressure :)

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:12 pm

03blackrt wrote:It should be trimmed to fit then; flush with the inside/bottom of the bumper. Just looks slapped on because of that IMO. And the door portion of the side skirt on the passenger side rear door looks crooked! Yeah... I'm a perfectionist. :runaway:
I can assure you it wasn't slapped on. The bumper needed to be trimmed, the support drilled into (3 drill bits later), everything needed to be lined up and applied properly so the rear mounting brackets could be put on properly. The diffuser is built the way it is so it doesn't need to be trimmed. If you looked under the car and saw it going all the way back that would look slapped on to you too then, since it doesn't meet flush with anything? Silly way to look at it but thats the point you are making. Here is a picture from the rear of the bumper. The piece of the diffuser that is MEANT to stick to the bumper is stuck to the bumper. The other pieces are part of the diffuser itself and are not supposed to stick to anything. Thats how they sit:

And the door moulding is not crooked at all. Its just the picture that makes it look that way. From certain angled pictures it looks as though the rear one is slightly higher than the front one, and it isn't. They both come down flush to the bottom of the doors. I should know I installed them myself. The back ones are slightly larger than the front ones so that they meet up with the rear rocker panel moulding in the right spot. The color contrast, between the black and the pink is what makes it look as though its crooked.

01rtgurl
2GN Member

Post by 01rtgurl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Those pics are intense--love it!!
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

03silversxt
2GN Member

Post by 03silversxt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:01 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:Thanks guys! :)

And its Crystalmarie :)
:quotes: Crystalmarie's is my fav! :quotes:

Sorry! :thumbup:
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken!

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Its amazing to me that after seeing cars like yours (both) the best someone can say about them is find the one tiny flaw to nickpick about or other nonsense!

They're both awesome, cars and photos are tops! Kudos to both and for taking the time to drive the distance to meet and share the experience with us. Thats what its all about. :thumbup:
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

DouglasSXT
2GN Member

Post by DouglasSXT » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Those pics came out AWSESOME!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Two really sweet lookin rides in one place. Great photoshoot! :thumbup:

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 pm

OverDrive418 wrote:Its amazing to me that after seeing cars like yours (both) the best someone can say about them is find the one tiny flaw to nickpick about or other nonsense!

They're both awesome, cars and photos are tops! Kudos to both and for taking the time to drive the distance to meet and share the experience with us. Thats what its all about. :thumbup:
Thank you for the compliments hun. Its part of the game. People see my car (not sure if Brodie gets this since he's not huge on shows but he may) and they're like damn thats awesome! Then they IMMEDIATELY try to find something wrong with it, and if they don't, they make something up. Its irritating but you learn to just let rude people be rude.

Douglas: Thank you!!! :) I wish we could have taken more shots and we didnt get a shot of the two of us together or the two engine bays side by side. But I have his engine bay parts now.... :rockon: The shop I use is going to give them the royal treatment.

jetas
2GN Member

Post by jetas » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 am

Damn you both have great cars. The friendship you 2 have built seems awesome and respectable. I would love to see more pictures of both cars. Maybe some here in the beaches of Cali :thumbup:
-J.J. | Official I sold my Neon Member #008
86.5 Nissan Hardbody LB- will be for sale soon...

1989 Yota PU- "Tammy" -Rest In Pieces...

2000 Plym Neon- "Stacy" -Sold 3/25/09 =(
Ntyvirus1 wrote:im debadged so i just drive a gray thing.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:15 am

Now that would be a ride and 3/4!!! We got down to the beach, but in my car, and the pictures didn't come out that great because the lighting was terrible, damned high sun. Theres plenty of them around here to shoot at too. Thanks for the compliments Jetas :)

NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Post by NeonOn19s » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 am

I will have to agree that both of your cars are beautiful!!! man it would ber cool to have a centralized meet so us southern boys can come to play :)
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Well the Mopar Nats are usually centralized, or as centralized as you can get, but money constraints cause alot of people not to be able to go.

Lizbeth
2GN Member

Post by Lizbeth » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:53 pm

nice looking cars but in my opinion SRT-4s should never loose their original color... :quotes:
~I don't drive fast I fly low~
official "Im Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies" Club #97

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Is that like a beautiful woman dying her hair?
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Lizbeth
2GN Member

Post by Lizbeth » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:03 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:Is that like a beautiful woman dying her hair?
WHATTTTTT :laughing3:

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm

chend82 wrote:nice looking cars but in my opinion SRT-4s should never loose their original color...
It's an old-school Mopar color. The color is Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge, paint code FM3. It's one of a few Chrysler's "High-Impact" colors in the 70's. It fits her car and her personality to a T!
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm

chend82 wrote:nice looking cars but in my opinion SRT-4s should never loose their original color... :quotes:

Yeah its an original Mopar color....research it alot of work went into it. I don't care about the original color (black) otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Its incorporated.
Last edited by LilSparkPlug on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Both cars look amazing. Pretty cool he drove out there. Your skills with the camera really have improved also. I think this fall I might be making a trip out to R.I. for fun, when I went Oct 07 I loved the area in Providence, we'll have to do a shoot!
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 pm

glasswars wrote:Both cars look amazing. Pretty cool he drove out there. Your skills with the camera really have improved also. I think this fall I might be making a trip out to R.I. for fun, when I went Oct 07 I loved the area in Providence, we'll have to do a shoot!
Kick ass, you let me know ahead of time when you're coming up and I'll make sure to be out of work that day so we can do a shoot. :thumbup:

Lizbeth
2GN Member

Post by Lizbeth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 am

kool :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Very very nice photos. You both have great looking cars and are modded very tastefully...
You get :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (two each) 8)
Last edited by hansken_yo on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks Hansken :)

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Both of your cars look amazing even though I'm not a fan of the SRT-D front end (no offense) and they are indeed both tastefully modded.

Makes me want to actually wash my car :lol:
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

Return to “Picture Post”