LionheartedSXT's Log: Got a lot of work done, Pic Heavy!!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

LionheartedSXT's Log: Got a lot of work done, Pic Heavy!!!

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:11 am

*deep breath* Ahh...finally...So I got tired of waiting around and decided on starting up this log so I can keep you all updated on what's happening with the car. I have a couple projects that I'm starting and are already underway...This thread will also be for my boost project coming soon. I will post pics soon to show my newest and probably first project I will hope to accomplish...All I gotta say is I appreciate the help I had so far on questions involving my car, and kudos will be given to the people that made it possible...but of course everyone on here contributes in their own way. And just some really old pics of the car, I will take new ones after the first project is completed Thanks Again. Enjoy.

Last edited by LionheartedSXT on Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am, edited 26 times in total.
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:24 pm

So what are the projects that are already underway? DO tell! Car looks clean :)

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 pm

:happy1: Can't wait :thumbup:
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:So what are the projects that are already underway? DO tell! Car looks clean :)
Thanks for the compliment...and you will see soon, hopefully I can take pics of it once I get it all apart *Hint* *Hint*....I already gave away one of my projects...and that was the turbo one :thumbup:
Last edited by LionheartedSXT on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:07 am

Well before I can get pics up of my 1st project, here is a lil sumthin sumthin that needs to be taken care of asap, thanks to the help of fixitmattman for providing the right size...

And for you potential underdrive pulley buyers , Read this first!!!

All UDP's Belt sizes and fitment
Last edited by LionheartedSXT on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 am

Whooooo.....So here we go finally after forever, I have finally been able to start my 1st project, well here we go, what you all have been waiting for!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Na just messing with ya'll, here is the real project...haha

This is mostly thanks to thttxboy, for his help and knowledge on the rear brake swap and how it is just so much easier with just these few parts...Was a big b***h to get these apart from the suspension parts which will now be for sale...Not sure when it will be done, but its gonna get done...More updates later on!!!
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:59 pm

no interest? For all people interested in doing this swap, this is all you need...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:33 pm

I would think some folks would be interested. But a lot of us knew this already :lol:

Juan is a good guy. Glad to hear he was able to give you some guidance. And if he didn't, I'll hit him for you :lol:

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Lol damn...oh well...but yea Juan told me you guys are neighbors and with your help you guys were able to figure out that those parts in the pic above were all that were needed for this swap, good work :thumbup:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

thttxboy
2GN Member

Post by thttxboy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Thanks for the compliment and I'm sure you'll get more interest later on. Alot of people dont show interest into this swap till its thier turn to do it. And lately it seems like everyone is going broke so yea. Anywayz lets see some progress

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:23 am

Sweet!!! You keeping the calipers red?

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am

Yea, i'm just gonna sand them down and then repaint them, I thought about painting the calipers white, but then they would get really dirty and black you would not be able to see too well, so I just settled on red cuz it stands out...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Good stuff, that goes with a white car anyways. When mine were red it was horrid.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:09 am

Yup, just finished sanding them and painting them...What was the original color of your car? just curious...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:15 am

The car used to be black, theres a couple of pictures in my project thread a few pages back of how it looked before, during and after.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Yea...haven't updated in a while, been busy with school and work, so the brakes still waiting to be installed, currently waiting for Dante to help me diagnose problem with pulley/belt area...and besides that been buying a lot of misc. parts for the turbo build, looks and performance, hopefully will have some pics up at a later date...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Well finally have the rear brakes installed and all 4 calipers painted red, got my belt problem fixed, was not ps/ac belt after all, it was alternator that needed to be tightened. Nothing too extreme. I also got a plate welded onto my mag intake to close up the hole where the actuator used to be. So I'm happy :lol: So no more annoying squeaks, for now :roll:

Moving along, I have gathered more parts for the turbo build and am near completion. And as of currently have a couple little paint projects coming along will have pics up at a later date.

And as of today I finished painting my Mag intake mani, too much work and time to try and polish so I just painted it, will be installing later on this week hopefully and will have some current car pics and turbo parts up...Until then :rockon:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Yes....pictures are neccessary!!! Sounds like everything is coming along smoothly though. :)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Yea it seems so, and I would love to get pics up but it is hard not having a camera, good thing Christmas isn't too far off :rofl:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 am

PICS UP!!! Comments are welcome!

Mag IM painted with silver engine enamel paint

Mag IM actuator port welded shut

Turbo project stuff :twisted:

Current car pics coming soon...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

contagious18
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by contagious18 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 am

was da rear disk setup easy, i want to get dat done
Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
http://contagious209.mybrute.com

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:11 am

IM looks good! You going to custom fab piping for the IC? I can't see SRT (except the hot side) piping working for you.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Contagious - It pretty much is, I had some help though at my friends dad's shop. Honestly now that I know how to do it I can do it again for sure, you just need the right tools, air tools make a wonder of a difference and quicker! But yea It is pretty straight forward, take the stuff off and then put on the new stuff then bleed the brakes. The only part that would be a little difficult is doing the e-brake lines.

Lsp - Thank you! Yea I am going to get it all custom made (aluminum) I wanted to try the stock stuff but i wasn't sure if it would fit. Freerider did it using the stock piping, he just had to add some extra couplers.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:16 pm

I would say the hotside pipe and charge pipe will work (just have to find a place on your bell housing to mount the charge pipe to. The cold side pipe wouldn't work out so well as your manifold is far different. You going with a stock charge pipe or aftermarket?

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Yay pics! I like what I see so far...non polishing slacker you!

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Lsp - Its all aftermarket piping cold side and hot side piping. By a guy who apparently developed the twin turbo setup for the srt or something like that. He claims to have done aftermarket IC piping for srt-4's and some atx neons as well...He only uses aluminum IC piping, and on top of that he has a sexy Evo X...

Dante - lol let us wait and see if you actually polish your entire mani!!! I need a better polishing tool than a dremel, I would take like a weeks work to make it look nice...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

:laughing3: True true. I reserve judgment till I try to tackle mine :twisted:

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 pm

DCR? They are the ones with the SRT-4 TT setup. Sexy setup it is.... :)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

I have heard of the DCR TT setup but I think his was different. I think he made a custom turbofold for a TT setup, i am not certain but I will ask again...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Ahh, this was fun...

:)
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Return to “Progress/Project Log”