thinking about ebay turbo kit ??

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
phs17
2GN Member

thinking about ebay turbo kit ??

Post by phs17 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:37 pm

might just try it what do u think

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:23 pm

No?
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:54 pm

why not lol

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm

ok. i've kept my mouth shut long enough.

stop posting all these dumbshit questions. read the stickies. search. EVERYTHING you have posted a new topic on has already been covered on this forum.

that's why everyone is getting short with you. stop it.
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Re: thinking about ebay turbo kit ??

Post by NickKo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:27 pm

phs17 wrote:might just try it what do u think
Do you feel COMFORTABLE with tuning work, and fabrication ??

When doing a turbo project, expect to run into some issues..... if you are experienced, you can overcome any challenges.

You could just pay someone else to do the install, but my experience is, that paying someone else just sucks.....because they will do a half-ass job, AND take your money.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 pm

dude if i got a ? ima fucking ask the question ok ... yea i seen stickies about turbo kits but not the fucking ebay one..

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 pm

oh stfu. It's been covered before. Just look for it.

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 pm

i aint looking for shit . k so u stfu already talked to some one about it

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:26 am

phs17 wrote:i aint looking for shit . k so u stfu already talked to some one about it

:ban:

Damn, and you wounder why no one wants to help when people ask questions. I did a search and didn't find anything on the E-bay kit either. But talking like that will get no help around here.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 am

It's probably a bad idea. For one you have no idea if the IC piping is going to fit exact, the RRFPR probably won't be worth a shit and ultimately...mehh

You will probably not get a kit totally customized for our cars and will end up picking up a lot of little shit here and there, fittings, etc and not make it worth it.

Either way you have an ATX, so I would stop now, stop putting money into the car and get an SRT if you want to go fast. If you add up all the shit we've put into our cars we probably could've put a good down payment on an SRT and had a much better experience
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:44 am

Adionik wrote: Either way you have an ATX, so I would stop now, stop putting money into the car

:laughing3:

:thefinger:

Sorry had to!

slow2.0ts13
2GN Member

Post by slow2.0ts13 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 am

people like this is why i only have 10 posts in a month. thanks scrub!

excon
2GN Member

Post by excon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 pm

calm down people.

The people who didn't crucify you are right. It takes a lot of custom work because the ebay kits are made for 2L SOHC, or DOHC motors. All of them. It's usually a universal kit and they have no idea what car it will actually end up in.

They usually don't include all the parts, and extra stuff is required in order to not screw something up (for example: an oil return line, or most don't even include an intercooler!).

Stay away from them, and get a kit from a company that knows what they are doing with neons.

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 pm

yeah universal TURBO kits are junk, your better off piecing it together by yourself, youll save alot of money. The universal intercooler kits off of ebay are worth it tho, for 150 you can get all the pipes and intercooler that you need. In my opinion i think the Hahn kit is a total rip off, i would never pay 5g to boost my car to only make 250 hp, thats just fucking stupid.
Budget Boost FTW

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:56 pm

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:18 am

I see a lot wrong with that kit.

1. doesn't say how think the aluminum in the pipes is!
2. Doesn't tell you what diameter the pipes are!
3. Doesn't say what diameter the in/out the intercooler is!
4. No pics of the intercooler core!
5. No fuel system at all!
6. No manifold!
7. No down pipe!
8. No name everything!!!!! I would not trust the wastgate or the BOV or the gauges for that matter.
9. Intercooler won't fit on our cars without removing the crash bar!
10. "around 7PSI" Either it is or isn't.
11. Doesn't say what material BOV adapter pipe is made out of!
12. fake power statements "Light weight design. Made from Aluminum.(Increase 10-20 HP)"
13. False statement: "Easy to adjust from 1-30PSI" Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a 7PSI spring can only be adjusted to around 15PSI
14. doesn't say how many clamps it comes with!
15. doesn't say how many couplers it comes with!
16. Doesn't say how many and what shape intercooler pipes it comes with.
17. Return policy is not real good. 15% restocking is a little high. and only 14 days!
18. the whole add is written in very poor English. I have delt with sellers like that before. Never again.
19. Insurance rate is high.
20 Doesn't say what shipping method they will use.

This kit is a whole lot better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 06.c0.m245

You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC.

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 pm

alrite kool thanks so much. but i have an 02 thats for a 95-99 or that doesnt matter

excon
2GN Member

Post by excon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:53 pm

that kit will not fit either. It's for a 420A motor which is a DOHC 2.0

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:44 pm

beat me 2 it, was gonna say the same thing
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm

excon wrote:that kit will not fit either. It's for a 420A motor which is a DOHC 2.0
"You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC."

:roll:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:53 pm

:shock: Thank you for calming down everyone... please keep it that way :lol:
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

phs17
2GN Member

Post by phs17 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:30 pm

ok i will ask if they can do a SOHC so if they do it will work... if not my buddy is going to stage 3 and i might just buy all his stuff like the turbo and everything .

hul kogan
Former Moderator

Post by hul kogan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Adionik wrote:Either way you have an ATX, so I would stop now, stop putting money into the car and get an SRT if you want to go fast.
i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.
Chris | 00 Dodge Neon (Dark Jewel) | 04 Dodge Neon R/T | 00 Honda S2000 |

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 am

hul kogan wrote:
Adionik wrote:Either way you have an ATX, so I would stop now, stop putting money into the car and get an SRT if you want to go fast.
i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.
How so? He has the 4 speed ATX...unless you have a different deffinition of fast?

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 am

occasional demons wrote:
excon wrote:that kit will not fit either. It's for a 420A motor which is a DOHC 2.0
"You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC."

Wait didn't I say that in the first place????
blue demon02 wrote: You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC.
Thanks for backing me up ocassional demon! :)

Just getting all the stuff off an SRT from going Stage three will not get you what you need.

Writing of an ATX as being slow is a stupid un- educated statement. If that’s true then why is all the fastest drag cars running Auto's? Because a well built ATX can shifter faster and be set to shift at certain RPM's and will never fail in doing so. If you have a motor that hits redline in 2-3 seconds and you have an MTX then you will spend more time shifting then driving. The stock ATX are slower but that’s because of the way there set-up and built from the factory. A stock MTX's will go boom in some cases just as easy as a stock ATX. Both need to be built to take big power.
Last edited by blue demon02 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:35 am

blue demon02 wrote:
occasional demons wrote:

blue demon02 wrote: You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC.

Just getting all the stuff off an SRT from going Stage three will not get you what you need.

Writing of an ATX as being slow is a stupid un-educaited statment. If thats true then why is all the fastest drag cars running Auto's? Because a well built ATX can shifter faster and be set to shift at certin RPM's and will never fail in doing so. If you have a motor that hits redline in 2-3 seconds and you have an MTX then you will spend more time shifting then driving. The stock ATX are slower but thats because of the way there set-up and built from the factory. A stock MTX's will go boom in some cases just as easy as a stock ATX. Both need to be built to take big power.
When you're trying to sound educated, atleast attempt to spell the word correctly.

He does not have a world class built automatic transmission, there is next to nothing aftermarket wise for the 4-speed ATX and I am well aware that their consistency is not usually match by the driver mod. So go crash a street racing thread or something, because in THIS particular situation a Dodge NEON transmission is not going to handle any of the abuse he wants to put it through.

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am

heh i love this thread...
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

hul kogan
Former Moderator

Post by hul kogan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48 am

Adionik wrote:How so? He has the 4 speed ATX...unless you have a different deffinition of fast?
judging by the year of his car, he has a 3 speed. which is fully capable of 'fast' after you build it up a bit. i speak up for two reasons: 1. prior to swapping in a MTX, i had a semi-built 3 speed that held the power just fine, and 2. i hate it when people constantly say an ATX can't go fast and it isn't worth your time. a lot more fast cars than you think run ATX's for quick and consistent shifts, not to mention never leaving boost during shifts. while a MTX is the 'fun' option, sometimes an ATX is the best option. saying it has to be a MTX to be fast is just being close-minded.

however, i do agree that the 4 speed isn't a very good ATX platform for performance due to its electronic workings and total lack of an aftermarket.
Chris | 00 Dodge Neon (Dark Jewel) | 04 Dodge Neon R/T | 00 Honda S2000 |

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Adionik wrote:
blue demon02 wrote:
occasional demons wrote: "You will need to have the downpipe modded to fit and ask them if they have a SOHC manifold rather then a DOHC."

Writing of an ATX as being slow is a stupid un-educated statement. If that's true then why is all the fastest drag cars running Auto's? Because a well built ATX can shifter faster and be set to shift at certain RPM's and will never fail in doing so. If you have a motor that hits redline in 2-3 seconds and you have an MTX then you will spend more time shifting then driving. The stock ATX are slower but that's because of the way there set-up and built from the factory. A stock MTX's will go boom in some cases just as easy as a stock ATX. Both need to be built to take big power.
When you're trying to sound educated, atleast attempt to spell the word correctly.

He does not have a world class built automatic transmission, there is next to nothing aftermarket wise for the 4-speed ATX and I am well aware that their consistency is not usually match by the driver mod. So go crash a street racing thread or something, because in THIS particular situation a Dodge NEON transmission is not going to handle any of the abuse he wants to put it through.

:slap: Hey junior shut it. If you want to make fun of me do it in off topic. That kind of talk has no place in this forum! :slap: This is a section for discussing cars not discussing how well I can spell so again Shut it.

Making a general statement such as you did is what causes crap like this. When you get a little older ad learn about life a little you will realize that thinking like that gets you no where.

Look around next time before you say something stupid.

Now this is not the same as the one in a neon but is found in lots of other apps and can bolt right in.

Did some searching on the A604/41TE. Transtar makes some performance parts for this transmission.

Part # Part Name Description
92717CK Differential Pinion Shaft and Retainer Kit Case Saver - Kit eliminates the cross shaft pin from being dislocated from the final drive, causing case damage and possibly sending the vehicle out of control.

A92100HPK PowerPack Clutch Kit (Alto) 41TE / A604 1990-On Overdrive Clutch Pack. PowerPacks are specially engineered clutch packs designed with additional clutches to increase friction plate capacity. This capacity increase enables torque load to spread over more friction area, resulting in a clutch pack that can handle higher torque load with reduced heat generation.

A92114PK CaseSaver Clutch Kit (Alto) 41TE / A604 1990-On Low/Reverse Clutch Pack with Case Saver Clips. The spline of steel separator plates can work back and forth to permanently damage the case, causing delayed engagement and ATF metal contamination. CaseSavers not only prevent this from happening again but allow reuse of the damaged case.
A92570K Planetary Upgrade Kit Overdrive Clutch Hub with Heavy Duty Shaft, Front Sun Gear and Planetary. ( Upgrades 1989 - 95) Also covers A-606.

A92741T-2 Boost Valve Bushing / Sleeve. This sleeve is hardened and resists wear that causes converter failure.

D92420B Solenoid Solenoid Block. 1999-up. Will also retrofit all earlier models. Must follow instructions in box. Retrofit is offered because early A-604 solenoids created undesirable noise during operation.

S92741PK Valve Kit - Switch Valve and Regulator Sleeve Includes a new switch valve to control the flow entering the converter, and regulator bias valve to prevent the pressure spike. This eliminates lockup piston deflection caused by excessive apply pressure.

T92165 Shift Kit Heavy Duty and Normal Use. 1989-UP (TransGo) Contains accumulator, valve body and case parts. Also covers A-606.

Racersteve is currently working on a kit for the 4SPD as well. you can piece it together from what I posted above. Also the 4SPD owns the 3SPD in that once you build it up you can keep the locking TQ converter and it gets better millage then the 3SPD.

OH, yea sorry have to.
:owned:

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Hardly an own, I hope when i'm almost 30 i'm not still doodling with Neons :roll:

Return to “Forced Induction”