After 3 long years....

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

After 3 long years....

Post by LionheartedSXT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

jrumann59
2009 Platinum Contributor

Re: After 3 long years....

Post by jrumann59 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 pm

LionheartedSXT wrote:I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...
I say either a rookie cop or he was bored, plus maybe with the recent high profile street racing accident in florida the cops are probably just doing pull overs to make their presence known. I still get harassed from time to time by rooks and bored state troopers.
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 pm

I mean I didn't get a ticket so its all good, but I mean like 5 mins after getting pulled over a charger r/t flies past me doing at least 100 mph, like always where is a cop when they are really needed...
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

jetas
2GN Member

Post by jetas » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 am

haha the only times ive been asked if i had knifes,guns,bombs,grenades,and BAZOOKAS in the car/on me was wen they wer guna search my shit. he must have just been bored. U dint get a ticket so fuckit jus keep the tints and roll wit the windows down.
-J.J. | Official I sold my Neon Member #008
86.5 Nissan Hardbody LB- will be for sale soon...

1989 Yota PU- "Tammy" -Rest In Pieces...

2000 Plym Neon- "Stacy" -Sold 3/25/09 =(
Ntyvirus1 wrote:im debadged so i just drive a gray thing.

jT
2GN Member

Post by jT » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 am

LionheartedSXT wrote:Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that)
you and your pops need to watch COPS

its a tactic to see how you respond.. see if you are nervous or anything.. if you got a few keys of coke or weed in the trunk you wont laugh or anything when he asks if you got any tanks in the trunk....

Kelevra
2GN Member

Post by Kelevra » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:53 am

They're never around when they're needed. except the one time some bitch in a lead sled of a car ran a stop sign and I hit my brakes, tire lock up (wet road) I steer out of the way somehow and missed her by, literally, inches. pop her in neutral, still on the brakes, rev the engine while on the horn and then I notice the cop car behind me and he turns on his lights and I thought "Shit, he's after me 'cause I was reving and all" I pull over. he rushes by and pulls over the bitch who I almost hit.

Justice is served

Tam
2GN Member

Post by Tam » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am

I would be happy if I were you. Tint tickets are usually among the highest costing ones out there, and since you got away, consider yourself fortunate. :thumbup:

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am

jetas wrote:haha the only times ive been asked if i had knifes,guns,bombs,grenades,and BAZOOKAS in the car/on me was wen they wer guna search my shit. he must have just been bored. U dint get a ticket so fuckit jus keep the tints and roll wit the windows down.
LMFAO @ bazookas
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Sykora
2GN Member

Post by Sykora » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 pm

that stinks dude. I like how he tells you to fix it. Like that's such an easy task like fixing a broken tail light or something.
-Eric

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 pm

ive been ask any alcohol drugs crack? bodies in the car they do random ass questions to see if you react my uncles a cop for 26 years thats how they roll now
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Thats why I got legal tint. 35% out here. Not worth the hassle.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Back home a stop like that is pretty common. Since you didn't get a ticket I would consider yourself lucky, maybe heed the advice. Cops are normally picky about tint, usually it's a legal requirement to be able to see the driver through the side windows and the windshield.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:59 pm

LionheartedSXT wrote:I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...
I hate it when people accuse me of racial profiling. News flash. If your tint is 5%, I can't fucking see you.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Relax yo, I didn't accuse the officer of anything, I'm not saying he was racial profiling, And didn't you also say you have 5% tints as well? I guess being a cop has its perks then...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:16 pm

LionheartedSXT wrote:Relax yo, I didn't accuse the officer of anything, I'm not saying he was racial profiling, And didn't you also say you have 5% tints as well? I guess being a cop has its perks then...
Hehe I'm not angry at you, I was just venting in general because it made me think of all the ignorant assholes I pull over, accusing me of stuff like that. I also didn't say that I don't think you should have 5% tint lol, because yes, I have it as well.

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 pm

On the list of things the cop wants to write you a ticket for window tint and a tail/headlight out are on the bottom of that list. What it does is allow the cop to pull you off the road and get the chance do a random search.
It is somewhat of a nussaince and a waste of time for those who are legit, except for the minor infraction of the illegal tint or light out (which is why in most cases all you get is a warning or fix-it ticket unless you start being a prick about it).
But you'd be amazed at some of the s#it that turns up in a random search! I've learned to be friendly with a couple cops in the neighborhood just to get a sense of whats going on in the community and man do they have some stories of what "started as a simple tailight infraction turns into a drug trafficing/murder case".
Dead bodies in the trunk...not such a silly question now huh?!
Craziness is all around us!
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

Mat00ES
2GN Member

Post by Mat00ES » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:05 pm

About 2-3 years ago, on a random search. Cops in my old town found a hand in someones trunk.
Dirty Daily Status
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000011

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 am

You're young... you don't understand yet...

You break the law...you will eventually get caught.

Don't whine about it when you do.

That's why I got legal tint on my vehicles.

The cop was doing his job. Lay off him.
-John

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am

LowNSlow wrote:You're young... you don't understand yet...

Bro your not that much older than me lol, and trust me I understand, and for the last time I ain't dogging the cop, I know he was doing his job, so please enough with all that...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 pm

LionheartedSXT wrote:
LowNSlow wrote:You're young... you don't understand yet...

Bro your not that much older than me lol, and trust me I understand, and for the last time I ain't dogging the cop, I know he was doing his job, so please enough with all that...
Age is just a number.... experience is where it's at.....
-John

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

Well, I am more older than both of you and LowNSlow has a point, the law is the law, and when you break it and get caught there is really no reason to complain about it. Now, had the cop said he pulled you over because of the color of your skin, your hair style, or the language of the music coming out of your car window.... yeah, complaints all around. :D
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm

It's not a fact of me complaining about it, Obviously the law is the law, we should know this by now for people that have been driving for a while now. I didn't get a ticket so I have no right to complain. All I am saying is after riding around for 3 years with these tints, it shows you how much illegal tints really matters to them. That is all.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

I have 5% tint on every window in the neon. I roll them down immediately when I see a cop...but I know it's just a matter of time till I get busted. I usually cruise with the AC off though
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm

When I first got my car and still had the temp tag in the rear windshield I got pulled over by county sheriff for not having a tag. He couldn't see it through the tint, even though I've never tinted my car and it just has the factory tint. No ticket, just written warning. Oh and he made up some BS about me following too closely when I pointed out the tag to him and told him it was factory level tint, I assume he was embarrassed for having shitty vision.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

jT wrote:
LionheartedSXT wrote:Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that)
you and your pops need to watch COPS

its a tactic to see how you respond.. see if you are nervous or anything.. if you got a few keys of coke or weed in the trunk you wont laugh or anything when he asks if you got any tanks in the trunk....
:rofl:
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Return to “Off-Topic”