SRT Project: 1/04/2015 - Daily Driver Retirement!!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Addicted2Boost
2GN Member

Post by Addicted2Boost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:49 am

haha u tossed them noooo i need those

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 am

TurboNeonEs wrote:haha u tossed them noooo i need those
Some of the LED's were not working So i went and got some stock bulbs. I may do some lighting mods in the future, but for now I want the stock stuff in there. I don't know who or what type of LED was in there, sorry.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

Addicted2Boost
2GN Member

Post by Addicted2Boost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 am

its cool im going digital prosport gauges in my boosted sxt 5 in total they are blue light and my alpine head unit is blue i figured it would be a nice match

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 am

TurboNeonEs wrote:its cool im going digital prosport gauges in my boosted sxt 5 in total they are blue light and my alpine head unit is blue i figured it would be a nice match
I will see if I can find them.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Unorthodox gears are far superior to the Fidanzas in terms of tuning anyways :) If you can find em' pick em up!

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Update:
Feb 13th

I ordered the Pins for the wires going to the PCM Connector on the Toys Harness. I have also secured the Stage 2 Injectors and a fuel rail from someone here on 2gn. I have also picked the Brains of some other people in concern about the Milage of my SRT (71.5k Now). They have recommended that I change out the Timing Belt and Oil Pump BEFORE going with the E1 Turbo.

Concern is that the Stock Oil Pump gears get brittle with age and milage and they can break apart ... causing lots of internal damage to anything with an oil supply from the motor. I have decided to back up the project a little bit and do the following before I go with the Turbo:

1. Finish piecing together the Stage 2 Kit. (All I need is the Sprayer Pump and MAP/TIP Sensors).

2. Replace the Timing Belt and Oil Pump. I'm thinking about the DCR Oil Pump as I have heard good things about it.

3. I am thinking about Crower Stage 1 Cams or Crane 12's if I do them at all. Really on the fence on whether or not the money is worth it since I am staying with the Stock Turbo (E1) in the end. I will end up spending around $600 or so for cams and gears and I'm not sure if its going to be worth it.

Thats my current direction. I will still end up with the setup I want in terms of E1 Turbo and the Stage 2 with Toys kit.

P.S.

Still Looking for the 3 Bar Map/TIP Sensors. If you have a line on these OR the Sprayer Pump for the Stage 2 Kit, Please PM Me.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 pm

With a stock turbo, cams are virtually useless. They are mostly used in these cars to aid in faster spool up time for larger turbos. I purchased my 14s because I had plans of going (and went) bigwheel S3R. As for the oil pump, I have NEVER heard of that as a maintenance item. They are supposed to last the life of the car. Mine was changed out at 108k and it was only changed out because there was a leak somewhere, not because the gears were brittle. The gears were practically brand new. I went with TKMS over DCR because the parts are essentially the same, but TKMS came in at a better price for me on the CT-14 coated gears.

If I were you I would:
- Replace timing belt and tensioner (kind of go hand in hand)
- Drive belt and alternator belt
- Water pump

Never do the timing belt without doing the water pump, you're there already. And the water pump is so cheap, its worth it. With the tensioner I went with DCR over PTP since PTP never returned my PMs. The DCR is a nice piece. :)

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:17 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:With a stock turbo, cams are virtually useless. They are mostly used in these cars to aid in faster spool up time for larger turbos. I purchased my 14s because I had plans of going (and went) bigwheel S3R. As for the oil pump, I have NEVER heard of that as a maintenance item. They are supposed to last the life of the car. Mine was changed out at 108k and it was only changed out because there was a leak somewhere, not because the gears were brittle. The gears were practically brand new. I went with TKMS over DCR because the parts are essentially the same, but TKMS came in at a better price for me on the CT-14 coated gears.

If I were you I would:
- Replace timing belt and tensioner (kind of go hand in hand)
- Drive belt and alternator belt
- Water pump

Never do the timing belt without doing the water pump, you're there already. And the water pump is so cheap, its worth it. With the tensioner I went with DCR over PTP since PTP never returned my PMs. The DCR is a nice piece. :)
Thanks for the feedback, it helps, I didn't really think cams would be all that beneficial, even with the E1 Turbo as it spools so quickly anyways but if I was going to have it all apart anyways it would be the right time to do it.

As far as the oil pump, What is the website for TKMS? I would like to compare pricing on both pumps. I was going to do the Drive Belt, Alt Belt, timing belt, tensioner, and water pump while finishing up the Stage 2 Kit. I think that will put me in a good place maintenance wise and would be a good spend as far as Money goes over the E1 immediately. It would make me ecstatic to be able to order my E1 now but I would rather do the stuff that should be done first to keep the car in good running order. I might even be able to squeeze all of this out of this paycheck, I am not sure yet, I need to order all the Timing Belt, Tensioner, Waterpump, etc, first.

-Dave

P.S. I think I have the 3 Bar Map/Tip Sensor secured along with the Sprayer Pump. $190 Shipped for all 3. Good Deal I think. I need to get my PCM and some Parts out tomorrow.
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 am

Here is a link to the oil pump.

http://www.tkmotorsport.com/ProductDeta ... de=TKMS-OP

I have personally order a few thousand dollars worth of parts from Rush at TKMS. He is by far one of the most amazing vendors I have ever dealt with. Always kept his word, fast shipping...just an overall amazing company. He also sells the Gates timing belt, another item I use and would recommend.

Here are pictures of the oil pump with CT-14 coated gears. I'll post links so I don't clutter up your thread with my pictures.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/ ... /12086.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/ ... /12085.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/ ... /12087.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/ ... /12084.jpg

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:29 pm

LSP: Thanks again for everything.

Update:

Stage 2 Injectors are on the way, Sprayer Pump is on the way, and I have found the 3 Bar MAP/TIP for $150 Shipped and they will be on the way pending a positive test from the seller. I also locally found the Solenoid Lines and the FM Wastegate for $100. Got all the parts I was lookin for.

I am sending out the PCM to Flight Systems tomorrow for the reflash and should have it back soon hopefully. I will have everything for the stage 2 Kit with Toys sometime next week and I will be installing in 2 weeks hopefully. Exciting time :).

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 pm

No problem, anytime. Feel free to PM me if you have questions also, I'm always around to help.

dbesade
2GN Member

Update

Post by dbesade » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

PCM has been shipped to flight systems. I got the blown stock turbo yesterday and man does it have some shaft play in it. Should be a perfect core for forward motion.

I called my warranty guys today (fidelity) and got the approval to have my local AMMCO place tear down my trans to fix my 3rd gear Syncro issue while I am out of town this week (Thursday to Sunday). I should hopefully get some boxes in soon.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 pm

The Stage 2 install is going to be fun dave, right after we tackle that timing belt and water pump as well...OH JOY :roll: :lol:
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:19 pm

I could of had my oil pump done when I had my timing belt/waterpump, but there really is no reason to if its fine. My timing belt looked fine and so did my tensioner and waterpump at 71k. I could of went another 30k and would of been fine.

Only time will tell for me when I get the Stage 3 on. Not really worried about the oil pump.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:00 am

Well,

I am back from my vacation. Man the vacation sucked ... it was a disaster. My girl and I aren't talking now and I don't know what all is going to happen there, although, I think some time and space will resolve that, it still sucks, and it hurts. You all don't care about that stuff, so here is the update:

I got the 3 Bar MAP/TIP Sensors in
I got the Stage 2 Injectors In with Fuel Rail
I got the Toys Sprayer Pump In.

I am waiting for the PCM pins from the Dealer and the PCM to come back from flight systems. When I got those 2 Items I will do the Stage 2 w/Toys Install.

The car is at my local mechanic having the TOB Fork looked at as well as the Synco's as I am getting the wonderful gear pop out issue. Will update when I get the car back.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

Izero
2GN Member

Post by Izero » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 pm

just toss her around the back seat for a lil bit and everything will be fine :-D hehehehe nah im jk.... and we do care big guy... dont be throwin urself outa any windows or anything about her... b/c you got another lady to take care of and guess what?! she'll NEVER yell back... most she'll do is growl a lil when u give that key a good hard turn hehehe

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 am

Update:
2/25/2009

Well its good to know you guys care. I am in more emotional pain than I could ever describe with words. It simply hurts so bad that I really just have stopped caring about almost everything. I screwed up so bad and it just hurts.

Flight Systems Called me today. My 2004 Stage 2 w/Toys PCM is now a 2005 Stage 2 w/Toys PCM with a new sticker and my VIN Number. They shipped it out second day air. When I get the PCM I will be doing to install likely this weekend. No Camera so I don't have anyway to take pictures.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Stage 2 is installed. No toys, but the Injectors, Map, Tip, and PCM are. I also put the AGP Wastegate on PCM Controlled Boost. Spike around 22 PSI and hold 19 to 20. Crazy pull. I am going to be installing the toys harness soon.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Did you fix everything with the girl yet? I hope everything works out for you. That's the best part about 2GN, not just a car community but a family too. S2 = fun :)

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:13 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Did you fix everything with the girl yet? I hope everything works out for you. That's the best part about 2GN, not just a car community but a family too. S2 = fun :)
No I didn't. I don't know what is going on with that now. I'm still a bit depressed because I really love this girl she really means the world to me.

About tonight, I blew off all the Solenoid Lines under peak boost. Was pretty cool. Man I really miss her though.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:09 am

dbesade wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:Did you fix everything with the girl yet? I hope everything works out for you. That's the best part about 2GN, not just a car community but a family too. S2 = fun :)
No I didn't. I don't know what is going on with that now. I'm still a bit depressed because I really love this girl she really means the world to me.

About tonight, I blew off all the Solenoid Lines under peak boost. Was pretty cool. Man I really miss her though.
-Dave
I would miss those solenoid lines too. :D

But seriously, time will get you over her. Look for someone else. There are a ton of women out there. Don't get all emo on us. We have all been there and been hurt, it does suck. But like I said, time will make that pain go away. Just keep your chin up and MOVE on.

Stage 2 w/toys is more important than some girl anyways. :lol:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

dbesade
2GN Member

Proper Update

Post by dbesade » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 am

Update 3/4/2009: Impressions after the first couple days

I figured its time for a proper update without all the drama. The Drama has settled down and things will be alright with her and now I can get back to my car in this thread. Thanks everyone for your help. You know who you are.

Install Status
* Toys Harness - Not Installed
* Intercooler Sprayer - Not Installed
* New Charge Temp Sensor (Sensor in the Cold Side Pipe - Installed (I broke the original one ... was very brittle)
* Stage 2 Injectors - Installed
* 3 BAR Map/Tip Sensors - Installed
* 2005 Stage 2 w/Toys PCM - Installed (Yes Flight Systems did flash the PCM with the 2005 Code).
* PCM Boost Solenoids are hooked back up and the AGP Wastegate pre-tension has been loosened. PCM Controlled boost is working.
* New PCV Valve - Installed

Parts on the way
* Mopar Short Throw Shifter - I picked this up from the dealer for a decent price, about the same as Modern Performance after shipping. I have only heard good things about this piece and its a cheap upgrade anyways.

Stuff Left to Do
* Replace the Thermostat - This has always been done on me to my cars as I believe its always good practice to replace this before it screws up and leaves you overheated. I have the part just haven't put it in yet.
*Install the Toys Harness Assymbly and Intercooler Sprayer Stuff. Been Lazy so far with this.
* Install 3" O2 Housing
* Order 3" Catless Downpipe
* Order the Solenoid Lines from the Dealership ... Yes I am going to pay the $120 for nice new rubber and plastic as my lines are very brittle due to heat.
* Settle on what clutch I want to order
* Do some maintainence stuff on the SRT (Coolant Flush, Flush Brake and Power Steering Fluids, Change Trans Fluid, etc).

Impressions so far
Stage 2 is a lot of fun. The PCM Control using the AGP Wastegate is working just fine, I am spiking to around 21 pounds and tapers off at redline but not sure to what because I am usually speeding pretty bad at this point and don't want to push it. I am excited to get the rest of the install done, plus, my maintainence stuff done so I can get the car on a Dyno and get some numbers.

I'm sure I am forgetting something I will update this thread of course as stuff gets done.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 am

You will absolutely love the Mopar short throw shifter when compared to stock. I love mine, it's been in the car for almost 5 years now and couldn't imagine driving without it. It really gets rid of the "mack truck" feel the stock shifter has because it's so high. On the Tstat did you go with a 180 or a stock 195?

Glad to hear your life is back in order. :)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am

Awesome its all coming together! I personally wouldn't bother with the intercooler sprayer. But its up to you. $120 for vac lines, ouch! You could of just got the vac lines from an auto store and put colored tape around them to know which one was which. But its good you are supporting good ol Dodge.

Defiantely get it dynod man, I am curious what she puts down!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:16 am

Update 3/6/2009

I got the Mopar STS Yesterday from the dealer. It took about 3 Days to come in, not too bad. I don't know if it was supposed to but it didn't come with instructions of any kind for the install. This wasn't a big deal as I figured the install out and it took maybe 30 to 45 Minutes. Most of that time was trying to get the shift cable clips and booger bushings off the original shifter.

I gotta say, wow. The throw is quite a bit smaller and it does reduce the "Mack Truck" feel of the stock shifter. This piece was worth every dollar I spent on it. My next purchase for my ride will likely be some maintainance stuff and my lists below have been updated.

Install Status
* Toys Harness - Not Installed
* Intercooler Sprayer - Not Installed
* New Stock Thermostat - Not Installed
* 3" O2 Housing - Not Installed
* New Charge Temp Sensor - Installed
* Stage 2 Injectors - Installed
* 3 BAR Map/Tip Sensors - Installed
* 2005 Stage 2 w/Toys PCM - Installed (Flight Systems reflashed my 2004 Stage 2 w/Toys to with the 2005 Stage 2 with Toys Code)
* Fuel Rail - Installed (Used this as it came with the stage 2 Injectors. Its just a stock Fuel Rail from a 2004/2005 SRT4)
* PCM Boost Solenoids - Reconnected
* New PCV Valve - Installed
* Mopar STS - Installed

Parts to order
* Boost Solenoid Lines - $120 from the Dealer. I want to get new lines as mine are brittle, the rubber is deteriorating. I want nice new ones for the direction I am going.
* Coil Replacement - $55 or so from Modern Performance
* 3" Catless Downpipe - $109 from Modern Performance

Stuff Left to Do
* Settle on what clutch I want to order
* Do some maintainence stuff on the SRT (Coolant Flush, Flush Brake and Power Steering Fluids, Change Trans Fluid, etc).

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:51 am

Told you that you would love it! The Maddog's reduce the throw even more (80%) but to me that's too much. I've driven cars with them and for a daily I prefer the Mopar. As for a clutch, I have the Mopar it's been in the car for almost 40,000 miles and I absolutely love it. Stock feel, just a bit stiffer, but a very nice clutch overall. My only other choice was the ACT Street when I was clutch shopping since I didn't want to go so extreme that longevity was an issue.

dbesade
2GN Member

Odds and Ends

Post by dbesade » Fri May 01, 2009 1:57 am

Friday May 1st, 2009:

Well its been a very busy few months between now and my last update. I am now done with the Stage 2 w/Toys Install. I have decided to hold off on the Intercooler Sprayers for now as I don't want to cut into my window washer bottle without a spare one and as I don't race the car I don't think they will give me a massive benefit for the amount of work it would take to install them. That being said, I still have installed the LED for it anyways just in case.

Car is doing much better now that the coil has been replaced. Once the other maintainence stuff is done like the clutch, spark plugs, car should be in tip top shape. She just turned 75k :-)

Install Status
*Mopar Stage 2 w/Turbo Toys - Installed (Without the Intercooler Sprayers)
*Mopar STS - Installed
*Mopar Replacement Coil - Installed
*New Rear Driver Side Rotor - Installed
*Turned Rear Passenger Side Rotor and Installed Ceramic Brake Pads - Completed

Parts to order
* Boost Solenoid Lines - $120 from local dealer
* 3" Catless Downpipe - $109 from Modern Performance
* NGK LZTR6AIX-13 Spark Plugs - $32 from Modern Performance

Stuff Left to Do
* Settle on what clutch I want to order. I was leaning towards ordering the Mopar Performance Clutch but this has been discontinued. I am now thinking about the Clutchmaster Stage 3. Feedback is appreciated.

* Do my coolant flush. I have the new Thermostat and Mopar Coolant to do the job. Just need to get the garden hose and do it.
Project Log
2gn Feedback

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Fri May 01, 2009 2:07 am

Glad to see you're making progress!

If the downpipe you're looking to order off Modern is the QTP one, or whatever it's called, I'd call first to see if it's in stock. I was originally going to get that one, but they said it would be a while before it was back in stock. I went with the Needswings downpipe w/ cutout, and am MUCH happier with that. I love having a cutout to play with.

dbesade
2GN Member

Post by dbesade » Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 am

Passt wrote:Glad to see you're making progress!

If the downpipe you're looking to order off Modern is the QTP one, or whatever it's called, I'd call first to see if it's in stock. I was originally going to get that one, but they said it would be a while before it was back in stock. I went with the Needswings downpipe w/ cutout, and am MUCH happier with that. I love having a cutout to play with.
Yeah its the QTP one thanks for the heads up. Its usually in and out of stock.

-Dave
Project Log
2gn Feedback

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Fri May 01, 2009 2:23 am

dbesade wrote:
Passt wrote:Glad to see you're making progress!

Yeah its the QTP one thanks for the heads up. Its usually in and out of stock.

-Dave
No problem at all ^_^. I don't know if you're interested in a cutout or not, but I promise you it's completely worth the extra few bucks for the Needswings V5 DP. I just have the manual cutout. Just 3 butterfly nuts to undo. Takes under 5 minutes to jack car up, take off / put on, and drop the car. And it sounds like a dump truck. You'll love it.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”