ZeroChad's Log -- Parting out this weekend.

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
tominator
2GN Member

Post by tominator » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Super job! Nice header you got there :D
Mopar65 wrote:If you're looking for a rim job this might not be the right site :rofl:

Speeder
2GN Member

Post by Speeder » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm

looks good
how long did it take you to do all that
and what happen to the hammer??
-Adam
2010 Jeep Liberty
2003 Dodge Neon SXT ATX SOLD :mopar: :eekdance:

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm

sullivan wrote:nice work man!
Thanks dude. I keep looking at that flat black trunk of yours and wondering what it would look like on my car lol.
Mat666 wrote:Damn, that looks like a lot of fun! Nice rebuild.
Yeah! We had a blast man. We got kinda bumbed when we put the crank sprocket on backwards, but besides that it it went great.
tominator wrote:Super job! Nice header you got there :D
It fit perfect man. Thanks again.
Speeder wrote:looks good how long did it take you to do all that
and what happen to the hammer??
Hehe. No story on the hammer. It was like that when we started with it. It did come in handy though for those real close quarters. Well we worked on it about 10.5hr on Friday, 9hr on Saturday and 13hr on Sunday. I was kinda worried we weren't going to get it done at first.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Looks gorgeous!! Nice work! :)

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Looks gorgeous!! Nice work! :)
!Gracias chica! Its funny. You wouldn't even know we did anything if you didn't look at the header. Driving the car, its a whole new world though. More power, so smooth, awesome.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey man, that is awesome work, great job getting everything done perfectly and the car working fine.
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 pm

UPDATE 2-18-09
Well as of today everything is still running great. Only getting the no downstream 02 code, so looks like she means business. I need to get an 02 bung welded on the downpipe, but besides that the rebuild is complete!

Next Projects
* Finally put on the front sway - I'm really going to remove those broken bolts for real
* Get 02 bung welded on and install Wideband, Boost gauge(motivation) and oil pressure gauge (need to buy)
* Tint the fogs, order a replacement ballast, and install
* Find a decent touchscreen on ebay and figure out roof mounting
* Purchase mini-itx computer for car installation (center console?)
* Get carputer up and running
* Purchase Megasquirt II
* Install Megasquirt and tune like its nobodies business.

( I would like to have that all finished by early summer so I can start my turbo kit build)
LionheartedSXT wrote:Hey man, that is awesome work, great job getting everything done perfectly and the car working fine.
Dude you have no idea how nervous I was when I went to start her up. All my friends just sat there fore 20sec holding their breath before I turned the key lol. Thanks for the comment!
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

welchspro
2GN Member

Post by welchspro » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 am

damn, nice work!
--John

Drive It Till It Dies Member #16

hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:34 am

Go to the track
ImageImage
[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks man. Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to make it to the strip or a track sometime here in the next few months. I wanna get some numbers for once!

UPDATE 4-27-08
Well in case you haven't seen my interior thread, I'm looking at my options for touchscreen mounting right now. My current idea is to mount a small 8-12" screen to the roof section between the sun visors.
Here are some quick measurements of the area.

Right now I'm looking at this screen on ebay

Even though its 8", it has a nice resolution of 800x600, which is what I'm looking for. It should be able to fit between the visors without problem. Next, I'll have to examine mounting and bezel options.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:43 am

ZeroChad wrote:
LionheartedSXT wrote:Hey man, that is awesome work, great job getting everything done perfectly and the car working fine.
Dude you have no idea how nervous I was when I went to start her up. All my friends just sat there fore 20sec holding their breath before I turned the key lol. Thanks for the comment!
lol I bet man, I feel the same way every time I do a new engine mod to my car, I'm just scared to turn the key thinking something might go wrong, no bad luck as of yet :D

Oh and not a problem, gotta give a :thumbup: when it is deserved!
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 am

ZeroChad wrote:Thanks man. Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to make it to the strip or a track sometime here in the next few months. I wanna get some numbers for once!

UPDATE 4-27-08
Well in case you haven't seen my interior thread, I'm looking at my options for touchscreen mounting right now. My current idea is to mount a small 8-12" screen to the roof section between the sun visors.
Oh Shit! It's April already!?!!! I'm just teasing, I'm anxious to see what you come up with for this. :thumbup:

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:
ZeroChad wrote:Thanks man. Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to make it to the strip or a track sometime here in the next few months. I wanna get some numbers for once!

UPDATE 4-27-08
Oh Shit! It's April already!?!!! I'm just teasing, I'm anxious to see what you come up with for this. :thumbup:
Lol.. how the fuck was my birthday two days ago and I missed it?!

I'm interested to see the outcome of the touchscreen. Can't wait!
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Happy late birthday! lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the project too. The bidding ends tonight on the screen. Hope it doesn't go up too much more.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

srtjesse
2GN Member

Post by srtjesse » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 pm

dam bro nice build cant wait to see what you do to her next great job

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Much appreciated!

UPDATE 4-2-08

Well I missed out on the touchscreen, outbid at the last 5sec. Looks like the search continues.

I did get around to tinting my fogs and installing them today though! I'm just waiting for my replacement ballast to arrive and I will wire them up. I'm just going to have them come on with my low beams. I swapped one of my current ballasts over to try them out and damn do they look BAMF.

Hello Fogs, Goodbye Delete Plates

Oh, and I took off my winter steelies too. I'm slipping in the streams again.
I took the airdam off to install the fogs. I'll probably put it back on after I do the horn/fog wiring. It looks weird seeing the ground through the bumper like that.

I also ordered a few goodies online. I have red anodized lug nuts coming. I also ordered some black agate paint to I can black out my interior. That's one of the projects I've always wanted to do, but never got around to it. Lastly, my horn has been working intermittently, so I decided to order some Hella Super tones. These things are about 119dB, should be pretty sweet.

Current Projects Status
* [20%] Finally put on the front sway - Purchased a drill bit extractor
* [10%] Gauges - I might get my 02 bung installed tomorrow. Currently looking for a oil temp gauge.
* [80%] Fogs - Waiting for ballast before I wire them up.
* [20%] Horn - Hella Supertones ordered.
* [2%] Carputer - Finding a touchscreen.
* [0%] Black out interior - Ordered agate paint
* [0%] Megasquirt - No progress yet
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

Tam
2GN Member

Post by Tam » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am

The fogs look great chad! Make sure to post up some night pics with those lights on!

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks dude! I was actually surprised at how well they turned out. I was thinking about going outside and doing some of the wiring to day so I could just plug in the ballast when it gets here, but its windy and cold as shit outside right now....argh why can't it warm up.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:50 pm

UPDATE 4/4/08

Got some goodies in yesterday
Haven't taken a pic with the new lugs on yet.

Hella Supertones...oooo

I had time to install them today, along with wiring up my fogs. I stole the passenger side low beam ballast, to do them, so hopefully my replacement gets here soon.

They hide behind the grill pretty freaking well

So I figured that would fix my horn problem. I was wrong, I think my clockspring is dying....blah. I did jumper the relay to see what these puppies sounded like. Holy crap man!! These things are crazy.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Sound clip :)

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 pm

I'll try and grab one tomorrow. I have to find somewhere besides my apartment complex that will work lol.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 pm

A quick pic of the red lugs

Going out to align the headlights and foglights now. Should have some vids tomorrow of what the exhaust sounds like now, and hopefully the horn if I install the clockspring right.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Sub Problems 4-17-09

Well my system has been problem free until this week. A week after my clockspring died :-(

Here's my setup
RockFos p2002 200W amp (dual channel wired in bridge)
RockFos punch 200W sub (dual voice coil -wired properly)
Pioneer 490IB headunit

I noticed that the sub was throwing off bass notes when I had my music on low. They were occuring randomly and at the same volume no matter what music level I played.

Troubleshooting: First I unplugged my RCA cables. Still noises. Then I turned off the remote wire via the headunit. Still noises. I then put my headunit in standby and they stopped. I took a voltmeter to the amp. It turns out that the remote on wire was still providing 12V when the headunit had the sub turned off. This seemed to be the problem, but I thought it was weird that the sub would make those noises.

I stopped there due to sunset. Tommorow I'm thinking about checking for any shorts in the wiring, and seeing what the voltage looks like coming from the headunit. Maybe some of my wires are crossed in the back?

Edit:
So it appears that the remote turn on is still engaged when the sub is turned of via the headunit. I think it just shuts off the RCA outputs. Well regardless, I determined the problem is my amplifier. I've seen some units floating around on ebay I might snag for a quick fix rather than try to take it apart and fix it.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 pm

New Exhaust Clip 4-18-09

Updated exhaust video clip.
YouTube Link

This is with the cat removed, and a mag exhaust manifold swap. Not to mention a nice lopey Comp 400. You can kinda see the red lugs action too.

Now to take some horn/fog pics and vids.

Current Projects Status
* [20%] Finally put on the front sway - Purchased a drill bit extractor
* [30%] Gauges - Ordering oil temp
* [100%] Fogs - Time to take pics
* [100%] Horn - Clock spring replaced. Sound clip time.
* [2%] Carputer - Still finding a touchscreen.
* [0%] Black out interior - Got paint, need adhesive spray.
* [0%] Megasquirt - No progress yet
* [10%] Brakes - EBC redstuff and Rotors (ordering)
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Nice progress so far. I really like the way your car looks. I need me some lugs. Where'd you get those?

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Passt wrote:Nice progress so far. I really like the way your car looks. I need me some lugs. Where'd you get those?
Those are actually off ebay. I went with them because they had an anodized coating to them rather than color and clear. Summit also sells some gorilla locking nuts that I was considering too.

Ebay Link
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Fixed 3 things in 30min! 4/22/09
What a great day! I was able to fix three things on my car today, during the second half of my lunch hour!
Fix#1
I switched over to e85 on my last tank of gas. When I reached half a tank, I began to have some problems starting. Conveniently it was cold and raining for the past 3 days, so I just attributed it to that. Today was super nice out though, and the problem persisted. I pulled the hood with the car running, and immediately noticed a vacuum leak. Turns out it was coming around the third injector. O-ring problem. I swapped out all of the o-rings from my other fuel rail, and now she runs like a champ. Booyah!

Fix#2
I decided to put the cover back on my amp after the troubleshooting before and noticed it was no longer giving me any problems. I really didn’t do anything, but its fixed and working now. Booyah!

Fix #3
Since things were going so well for me, I decided to tackle my magnum intake. I was having problems with my wiring for the motor, and never really had a chance to troubleshoot it before. Well first I reprogrammed the Zex WOT switch. Before it would always actuate at around ¼ throttle, but this time it programmed perfectly. Next, the Summit window switch. This guy was giving me all sorts of problems. I decided to take a fresh look at it. I had the input off the coil wired to high voltage 30V+ input on the switch. I have no clue why I did that. I switched it to the less than 30V input, and it still wasn’t working right. I then decided to mess with the #cyl value. I had it set at 2 which I thought was the right value according to the instructions. I tried 0, and no dice. Then I set it to 1. Holy crap it started working! I then took it for a test drive to see if both switch were actually working. What a kick in the pants. The top end is screaming now! Booyah!

Lol. Besides the fixes, I placed an order through Summit last night for:
  • DC sports Front STB
    EBC red stuff pads
    EBC drilled &dimpled black zinc rotors
    Autometer electric oil pressure gauge.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm

All in a half hour? Nice work :)

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:All in a half hour? Nice work :)
I could have sworn I was in the twilight zone. lol
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I hate that feeling, it's wicked creepy.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”