I'm in need of your help.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
teamliviD
ECN Moderator

I'm in need of your help.

Post by teamliviD » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:37 pm

As everyone knows I'm losing my $85k a year job. The reason is because one of my Officers lowered a vhicle barrier, the kind with the big metal plate and control arm, on a very high offical's car one night when they were leaving the building. I did my report, sent out my emails to inform everyone but since people didnt find out about it till the next morning they felt I was incapable of doing my job so they are letting me go. Or in other words transfering me to another contract...where I will be just an Officer, not a supervisor, making $40K a year. Due to this I'm not sure how I'm going to pay my mortage for my brand new house, keep the power on, have water, put food on the table or pay the rest of my bills.

With that being said it kills me to ask but I am hoping people can find it in their hearts to help my family and I in these hard times. I'm not asking for alot nor am I going to beg. I realize others are in the same boat as me. But if you think you can help my family thanks you.

How you can help:

Paypal: princess_sparkle_pants@yahoo.com (its my wifes account...not mine)
Checks/Money Orders
Giant, Food Lion, Safeway gift cards.
Shell Gas gift cards

All can be mailed to:

Joseph and Amanda Ehnes
22703 Ventura Way
California, MD 20619

Thank you for everything 2gn, you are a big part of my family and we love you all. Please pass this along to all your friends and family. Every bit helps.

Again, thank you very much for help. We love you all.
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

j-king
2GN Member

Post by j-king » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 am

dam sorry to hear that

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 am

Seriously?
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

slaw
2GN Member

Re: I'm in need of your help.

Post by slaw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am

teamliviD wrote: Giant, Food Lion,
i doubt this is serious lol

jrumann59
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by jrumann59 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am

He is serious.
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 am

He is serious, joe ill see what i can rummage up for you bro

we survived beer king and thats a bond no one can break:-p
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by superdan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 pm

slaw wrote:
whats not seriouse about any of this?

sorry to hear man, if i wasnt a struggling poor college student i for sure send you some help...
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

DOSneons
2GN Member

Post by DOSneons » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 pm

sorry to hear bro, id try to help but im one of the ones u mentioned that floatin in a boat right next to ya, hope things get better

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow Joe that suck's bro.
My heart goes out to you and the family.
My house is in foreclosure too.
I will see what i can do, I get paid friday can't help with much either. due to a total loss on my car in the past week.
But like you said every bit help's!!!

Hope everything works out for all of us on 2gn.

Many of us here are having some rough time in these past few month's.
I hope we can all have a good smile at this once this boat of sadness clears for a blue sunny sky!!
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Damn, sorry to hear about that, Joe. I don't get paid until next week but I'll see what I can do. 2gn family FTW.

srtjesse
2GN Member

Post by srtjesse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 pm

hey bro just sent you a little something on paypal hope it helps have a good rest of your week and just keep your head up

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm

superdan wrote:
slaw wrote:
whats not seriouse about any of this?

sorry to hear man, if i wasnt a struggling poor college student i for sure send you some help...
This is very serious.

By asking for gift cards it makes it more serious. Rather than people just sending money and trusting that it is going to the right stuff, gift cards to super markets or gas stations are only good at those places. You know what it will be used for.

Joe, my best to you. Good luck pulling through.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Bump come on guys get in here....
Joe hang in there bud!

Meab some of u guys that live near another member can do a carwash or something.

Any1 in FL down for a day of washing cars??? im deff down.
meab a BBQ or something.
|Danny|

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:05 pm

:(

benzsxt
2GN Member

Post by benzsxt » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Damn Joe! That really sucks. I will see what I can do to help. Have you checked out anything on PAX?

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you all for everything so far. It means a great deal to my family and I that there is a group of people that care about someone else that you hardly even know.

....and now I'm really crying..

Thanks you Brian Hagman and Jesus Orrantia for your help. It will be put to good use.
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....

srtjesse
2GN Member

Post by srtjesse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

no problem bro im in the same boat and i know what it feels to have someone help you do you have any kids? i got two and a baby on the way

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

theWife
n00b

Post by theWife » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

I just don't know what to say. Thank u all for everything. i am truly speachless. I feel so loved and i can't believe this. I can't say thank u enough for everything. even just ur thoughts and prayers. i can't stop crying. i love u all!!!!
Amanda
TeamliviD's Wife

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Adionik wrote:Seriously?
First thing I thought too.

If you can't live off of $40k a year you seriously need to take a look at your balance sheet/financial situation.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

darthroush
2GN Member

Post by darthroush » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

slaw wrote:
Not notice the commas there chief? English must not be a strong point. Those are stores...

Sorry to hear about the job. I'm still recovering from completely losing a job for months. Hope everything works out and gets better!

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:03 pm

fixitmattman wrote:
Adionik wrote:Seriously?
First thing I thought too.

If you can't live off of $40k a year you seriously need to take a look at your balance sheet/financial situation.
^^^
That's not really correct....
With my morgage and bills, a 40K a year paycheck barely gets you by when your married with 3 kids and own a house. Combined income with the wife and I barely got us by last year. If his lifestyle was based around an 85k a year job and thats how is life has been for years, getting cut down like that really hurts. Granted the lifestyle can always be changed to help with the loss but after buying a new house with a known secure job is a major risk since things can change daily and he did not expect this to happen. Right now if I were to lose my job, I would lose my home, my wife's car and just about everything I've worked for, for the past 9 years.
He is reaching out for donations, and Joe does not do that! I know personally years back when Christine was wrecked, 2GN donations and the selling of parts off of Christine helped me out, maybe we all can throw him a dollar or 2 to his paypal since with 2000+ members it can add up quick....
Joe, Depending how things work out tomorrow with my finance's I'll send you some $ also, or maybe you can sell me something off the SRT :roll:
Kidding, I'll let you know what happens :thumbup:

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:37 pm

I really hope it helped. I just lost my job and now i've been looking for something else. It's just a waiting game right now cause my next baby is due in a couple of weeks. i can't really even start a job if i get one till about mid sept. Hope you pull through man.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 pm

When you got a job that pays 85k a year, and you get cut down to 40k. It changes everything.
Everyone who has said this was a joke has not been in the position before.

Meab next day you will be the one in need of a helping hand.

So if you think it's a joke, Move along and keep the smart coments to your self.
|Danny|

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm

BlackRoseRacing wrote: That's not really correct....
...barely gets you by when your married with 3 kids and own a house.... I barely got us by ...getting cut down like that really hurts....lifestyle can always be changed to help with the loss
I think it is correct. Let's not kid here a 40k+ pay cut hurts, but as you just pointed out (which was also going to be my point) you CAN get by and it's definately not the end of the world. Lifestyle and habit changes will be a must and a lot will have to be sacraficed. They're called hard times for a reason, but there's no need to be panhandling on the forum. If you want examples just look at any single mother who's making maybe half that, or any student for that matter and see how far their money goes. I know I never went to bed hungy.

No disrespect to teamliviD, but this isn't the first post on here I've seen where people cry broke and ask for money and posts like these really piss me off. I'm not moving along and I'm not keeping my smart coments to myself. I've been down this myself.

The original post said help was needed. I'm gonna give a different kind of help, advice. You need to control you finances now with an iron fist else you will actually need help. EVERY penny of your finances need to be accounted for, in and out. Basic finances/balance sheets are a must to find out where you stand and what you can do without. Then find out what you can do without, and do without. Want more details, watch an episode of debt do us part or I'm sure they got a website. This is the same basic stuff they talk about on the show. With interest rates at historic lows you could probably shop around/re-finance the mortgage as well, maybe have the term extended a bit to take some of the burden off. For 85k a year I would hope the payments were agressive as hell. This will help get it inline to something more realistic to your current pay. But I will tell you this, you sure as hell won't go broke at 40k/yr.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

benzsxt
2GN Member

Post by benzsxt » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

^^Dont be such an ASS! I have met Joe and I am sure it is very hard to ask for help. I am sure he has taken into consideration the lifestyle changes. It takes a lot to make those changes and they cant be done over night. I have been in the same situation. I have lost a ton of money due to this wonderful economy and our mindless leader. Refinancing is senseless without money to pay the financing costs, appraisal, and other fees...... All your doing is dropping your interest rate and making the payment the same without some cash in hand. Most banks wont refinance you unless your credit is damn close to perfect. Spare some of your Loonies and help out!! You may be in the same situation some day no matter how well you plan your life out

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 pm

ill be sending something as soon as i get paid , joe is a great guy and would never ask for something unless he was in dire need of it.
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 pm

I get paid tomorrow you'll never guess who's gift certificate just became redeemable for cash?

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm

darthroush wrote:
slaw wrote:
Not notice the commas there chief? English must not be a strong point. Those are stores...

Sorry to hear about the job. I'm still recovering from completely losing a job for months. Hope everything works out and gets better!
sorry guys i had no idea, theres no stores named that anywhere near here
ill see what i can do in the am when my check arrives

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 am

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm just getting by, but if i have anything laying around ill be sure to send some money your way man.

Best of luck with everything!
-Chris
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 am

Look, I understand that some people are just assholes and will never go out of their way to help someone in need. I have helped alot of people in the past not only here on this site but real life friends aswell. I am not one to beg or ask for help...but its getting to that point where I have to. Dont think that I havent started looking for part time work for both me and my wife. Dont think that I havent walked through my house adding up the money from everything I would HAVE to sell just to keep my house. And dont think that the one thing that I care about second to my wife, my car...and how much it would kill me to part it out...like I havent been there before. Just so you understand..$85k aint shit in the DC metro area. I'm lucky to make that much and to make half of that I cant even afford my mortgage with two pay checks a month.

So if you dont have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. When it's your turn in need I hope we look the other way.

To everyone else thank you for everything even if its just a pat on the back to wish me luck.
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....

Return to “Off-Topic”