I'm A Fatty

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

I'm A Fatty

Post by Moparty08 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm

So after about a year of me getting a little bigger, not much, but enough, I decided to get on a scale for the first time in a few months. I weighed 200 pounds. I got some muscle but not enough to account for all that weight. I'm only 5'8" too. So i've decided to start working out. Anybody know any good sites where I can get some good tips. Any that anyone has any experience with.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

esfan
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by esfan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

eat less and healthier (more fruit and veget and only chicken meats, i know it's hard) and exercise more.

leave the neon behind and start walking. walking about half hour to one hour per day with healthy food helps me losing about 5 pounds in the past three months. not a lot but still a good way.

according to some researches, tea do helps reduce the body fat especially the Oolong, i don't know if it can work but still a good thing to try.
Fan
2000 Dodge Neon ES
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #52

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm

I have been working on eating healthier. I don't drink any soda anymore just lots of water and some natural juices and stuff.
I'll work on maybe going for a walk too. Wish i still had my bike. I'll check into the tea also. I just really miss when i was playing soccer and rode my bike a ton when i had it. I was around 165 and nice and lean. Now i have a gut :(

Mat00ES
2GN Member

Post by Mat00ES » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I was about 200 last summer, I started eating 5 small meals a day, its speeds up your metabolism. I cut out soda mostly too. Im now just about 155, I need to start working out and gain some muscle.
Dirty Daily Status
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000011

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 pm

When you say small what do you mean? and like what kinds of food? Sounds like it worked for you I will be getting a gym membership after my girl can work out. we are going to be working out like 3 days a week then doing small weights at home a few days too.

Mat00ES
2GN Member

Post by Mat00ES » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

I used to get a snack wrap and powerade from mcdonalds alot
Dirty Daily Status

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Haha. I'm staying away from fast food. Have for a while. I'm gonna see if i can just do something small where i work. I'm a driver for dangelo

Mat00ES
2GN Member

Post by Mat00ES » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 pm

I kind of made it up as I went along, it kind of skrinks your stomach too so you get full faster
Dirty Daily Status

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 pm

crossfit.com

Seriously...intense.... better than that p90x crap or whatever.

Browse the site a bunch...read up.

Start it up.
-John

04_NeonSxt
2GN Member

Post by 04_NeonSxt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

I lost like 50 pounds over the course of a year by limiting most beverages except water and cutting out junk food, except for the treat every once in a while. Also I eat three meals a day but eat some small snacks in between like fruit or something. I also try to run or jog at least 6 miles a week. I started doing some resistance training now about 4-5 times a week, also. Hopefully that helps, and good luck.
---Brian---

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 pm

I was watching this video i did a couple years ago just this improv vid and i was like damn. I was so much leaner in 06. I was wearing a trashbag as a shirt lol. If you really wanna watch it it's on youtube under garbage chic don't think you will want to but whatever

I want to get back to that. My gf does too :twisted:

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am

LowNSlow wrote:crossfit.com

Start it up.

From the shape he is in i doubt he could do the crossfit just yet. the p90x is a good plan through and through but, it can be annoying if you are used to lifting because it can make u more leaner than you would like rather than just bulking up.

My advise is to first eat right, the no soda thing is a good start watch out for the sugar free and fat free foods. They may sound good for a diet but they have more unnatural chemical and trans fats than you may dream of. And even if the nutrition facts says 0 trans fats the FDA says that you don't need to label that you have trans fats in the food if the amount is under so many grams per serving. So many food brands and restaurants are changing their serving sizes (but not the size of their containers or recipes) to say they have no trans fat.

Eat lean beef only, chicken is really good and make sure you eat lots of fish but fish that are known to be low in mercury. Mix in your veggies and fruits. And remember your stomach is a muscle too, so if you eat too much you won't have any energy to work out later.

That brings me to working out. There are two ways, anaerobic (lifting) and aerobic (cardio). Anaerobic is high intensity, low reps. You will burn calories long after you have stopped lifting with these type of exercise because your body uses tons of energy rebuilding what you worked out. Aerobic is anything that's like running, biking, or swimming. Its great for the heart and burns tons of calories for long duration workouts.

Best way to get on track is to be informed of your options. Get Arnold Schwarzenegger's Body Building encyclopedia for some great workouts and exercise (most importantly is instruction on proper form). For diet id say get "eat this not that" and research about harmful or negative unnatural food additives that may be in the foods you eat that you didn't even know!

Personally I like to lift more than do cardio so i do 1.5 hrs of lifting and .5 hrs of cardio after my workout 3-5times a week. I like to lift more because there are lots of clear and easy goals to reach along the road to maintaining or reshaping the body you want.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 am

I finally got down to 163. YAY! I want to be around 155 or so...maybe 150. Six pack ftw.

Just drink a shit ton of water, jump rope and do push ups :rofl:

worked for me

oh and some food poisoning in the mix
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 am

Ragek23 :notworthy: Thanks for some good info. I'm definitely gonna start working on a workout plan.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 am

Dang, you'd have to bring "fitness" up (my Bowflex has been sitting unused for over two years :helpme: ). I bought a jump rope and haven't touched it. Post your progress- maybe it will inspire me to get back in shape by Carlisle next year.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:40 am

Two words. Kettle Bell. :)

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 am

I have the video link if anyone is interested ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFy0Ay8g_I )
-Scott

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 pm

i was 272 the first of january, and i hated how i looked (lots of stress made me eat alot last year) i am down to 242.... and i am tall 6ft 6in, all i did was change what i ate, i eat salads, and no more junk food, mcdonalds or any of that, if i do go someware like that i get salads.... it worked great... me living on my own i tend to forget to eat right.....

good luck!!!
304whp and 285 ft lbs.... 15psi.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 pm

2k1MotorSport wrote:I have the video link if anyone is interested ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFy0Ay8g_I )
oh god you found it. :tardbang:

I'll definitely keep a log so right now i'm 200 and i want to be around 160-165.

It will take some work but now i have a pool so i've been going swimming a lot and will a lot next year.
I bought a small weight set well more like two dumbells with a couple different weights. I'm going to be using those a lot. I wish i had a treadmill cause i hate running outside cause after a while i'm like wtf am i running for.

goaliehockey33
2GN Member

Post by goaliehockey33 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Yea just to what Ragek23 said.

Once you start lifting weights make sure to be patient with results. I don't necessarily mean by weight lose (you will lose the fat first), but by how you look/how big your muscles get. I didn't start seeing results until after 3-4 months of lifting, but once I saw results it only encouraged me to work out harder. You'll feel so much better about yourself, and you'll have so much more energy. Oh, and don't forget that girls will start checking you out!

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 pm

I want to tone out and stuff too. I'm not concerned with the girls at all i already got my girl. I Just want to get more lean and get back to what i was when i was more active. I know it will take some time. I'm not gonna rush it. My workout plan won't be something i do just till i reach my goal. I'll probably always keep it so i can keep fit.

Too bad i didn't have more muscle right now. I could have spent less time on my sway brackets cause i would have snapped the head off of the bolts earlier :rofl:

goaliehockey33
2GN Member

Post by goaliehockey33 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Yea, that sounds good. Also, you can always take supplements and protein shakes to help. I use Muscle Milk and Glutamine Supplement. The Muscle Milk will help give you lean muscle, and it helps burn fat. The Glutamine will help with muscle recovery, and it's an amino acid.

rOniN
2GN Member

Post by rOniN » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 pm

LowNSlow wrote:crossfit.com

Start it up.
Great program...I use it a lot as a secondary workout to my normal routine.

Anytime where you can do a high/ low intensity cardio would benefit you very well. Sprint 30 seconds and jog for 30-60 seconds. It sucks when you start it but after a month you will be able to do it for 30 minutes straight. You can do it on a bike as well if your knees aren't able to take the stress of constant running yet.

Good luck and remember anything is better than nothing. Eat right and exercise and you will reach your goals.
-Chad
2009 Dodge Viper VOI #66
2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon - Sold
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - Sold
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 -Sold
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Sold
1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Any supplements you guys take while working out? i'm looking into a few but there are so damn many. Anybody have some that they swear by?

goaliehockey33
2GN Member

Post by goaliehockey33 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Hmm...I never used any supplements during my workout, but I use mine after. Like I posted just above I use Muscle Milk (protein powder) and Glutamine (pill or powder; I use powder).

Depending on what you want to get out of a workout depends on what supplements to use. If it were me, I would take energy supplements and drinks (not those caffeine energy drinks) during my workouts. Supplements can be expensive, and that is a reason why I only take my stuff directly after a workout.

I'm sure someone else will chime in about their supplements, but it really depends on what you want to get out of your workout. Like for me, I want more flexibility so I will take supplements for my joints like glucosamine and chondrontin.

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Ok well i've heard some good stuff about the muscle milk i'll have to pick some up at gnc.

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:55 pm

do some cardio and some weight's, watch what you eat.

Eat like this = weight loss
Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 am

recent yale studies confirmed the average overwieght person actaully burns about 3000 calories a day just from being overweight.

the best thing to do is just eat right. if you stay under your allowed calories for the day you will lose weight fast.

stay completly away from sugar, your body makes its own so you dont need it. guess what it turns into.

exercize just tones the muscles taht are already showing. it helps a little bit, but not as much as just eating right.

your best bet is diet.
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

sullivan
2GN Member

Post by sullivan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 am

ive been an avid biker. and downhill mountain bike racer. since i was 13 years old. riding your bike has to be the best exercise out there. muscular, vascular, cardio.. ect. all in one package. you can easily pick up a bike from your LBS (local bike shop) for $300-$500 and have a commuter bike that will last you decades.
My AIM Username is sullivan_is_back@hotmail.com (yes @hotmail.com)

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 am

actually your right, biking has been rated at #1 exercise out there. i could give u sources but that was a few years ago.
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

Return to “Off-Topic”