Modern Performance!

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 pm

I think that's the issue. Years ago they were great...and the vendor to go to because TurboNeonStore was screwing people out of all sorts of parts. I'm only seeing an influx of complaints lately....as in the past year or so.

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:39 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:I think that's the issue. Years ago they were great...and the vendor to go to because TurboNeonStore was screwing people out of all sorts of parts. I'm only seeing an influx of complaints lately....as in the past year or so.
Yeah, I'm way outta the Neon scene at this point.
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:43 pm

It should be said Cory and the shipping dept. are very generious, my clutch came with 1/2 a roll of logoed packing tape. I enjoyed wrapping up customer products with MP tape :lol: They also donated a box of 2gn FTW shirts for Carlisle this year.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:23 pm

I ordered a few things from MP a year or so ago. Never had any problems.

Havent ordered anything from them recently though..
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:39 pm

so what are some recommended sites, that we can order from.. i have monies again and i am looking into parts..

i thought there was a thread with a list but the search didn't find it
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm

ordered black houisng projectors and some naightshades a while back, nuthin bad to report.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:23 pm

In building building my dohc swap, I had ended up buying indy valves, Crower Valve Springs and Retainers, the blue rice plate, black projectors, walbro 255 and turboxs manual boost controller, and had 100% no problems with them and I didn't have to sign for any of the products so I have not had a bad experience with them, and I had been spending a TON of money in just building the head alone.. so my feedback for them personally is 100% positive.
-Sean
01 Dodge Neon MSII 2.0 DOHC turbo, '13 Dodge Dart Mopar Edition 1.4 Multi-Air turbo
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2311033

neonpla
2GN Member

Post by neonpla » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 pm

first .
c987long wrote:so what are some recommended sites, that we can order from.. i have monies again and i am looking into parts..

order from modern or risk losing your money... honestly i wouldn't trust a lot of the neon vendors out there.

next.

all i read is people bitching about dumb issues, no legitimate complaints.... THEY MAKE YOU SIGN SO YOUR STUFF DOESN'T GET STOLEN! Just FYI guys... MPx fronts a lot of money to keep parts in stock so they don't have to wait for back ordered items. What other vendors do that? Not too many.

I have always ordered from MP and I <3 them... never have let me down.

never have talked down to me or not kept me updated with my items.

I have ordered well over 3k in parts over the past couple years and will continue to order from them.

take the sand out of your vagina. Realize that they have a business to run and no they might not be able to update you on every single stage of the process. Know this though, at the end of the day you will get your parts and they are quality parts.

MPx branded parts are amazing quality as well so stop bull shitting.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 pm

I ordered my Depo tails, and Mopar/Borla exhaust from them. No issues.

I later ordered my Projector headlight housings from them. No issues.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:48 pm

They're a city over, so if I don't go pick it up myself in person...it's in my hands in a day or so
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Bought clear corners and some other stuff (I forget) in like 04. No issues as I was local and picked em up on the spot :P
-John

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:03 pm

I've spent nearly 5 grand at MPX and I've never had a single issue, and with my luck with dealing with vendors even I find that shocking.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Guys, we don't want to turn this into a bash the vendor thing. We have never been in favor of that.

We have a vendor feedback for a reason, when an order is received go post about it.

I'm going to merge this with the existing vendor feedback. This isn't really up for discussion, either someone has a good or a bad experience. This like the other feedback section is not a place for discussion.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 pm

c987long wrote:so what are some recommended sites, that we can order from.. i have monies again and i am looking into parts..

ahem :lol:

Oh and just about anything any other vendor can get I can as well just ask.

Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by Moparty08 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 pm

I've had great experiences with them.

I've only had one bad experience with them that is still currently ongoing which really isn't their fault except for some missing info when i was ordering.

I ordered the front strut bar by Vibrant. on the page it never said they were on backorder. I know it's Vibrants fault cause they haven't shipped out the product to mp.
I've talked to someone there and they have offered to switch it out cause they have the black ones but i'd really like the silver ones.

I ordered the front and rear bars on June 15th 09. I'm still waiting on the front bar.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

PhillyLS1
BANNED

Post by PhillyLS1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 am

Ok FIRST. Stop blowing these guys over their shipping. Shipping has little or no bearing on the PRODUCT and CUSTOMER SERVICE there within.

This is my biggest gripe with them:
In 2006 when I got my orange SRT-4, I had barely any money. Just after I bought my SRT-4 the girl I was dating got knocked up.
I called Modern and asked if they had a military discount. This was their response:
"Our prices are low already, why would we give a military discount?"

With my silver SRT-4 I ordered a under drive pulley. It was on back order. Waited a month, they never called me. I called them, and of course the same prick fuck answers the phone. When I ask him when I'll get my pulled I PAID FOR he says "I dunno." I told him I wanted my money back. He said "OK" and hung up on me.

FUCK Modern Performance.
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

non-magnum
2GN Member

Post by non-magnum » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:10 am

Fast shipping great products, great fellowrs

Branorcrist
n00b

Modern Performance

Post by Branorcrist » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm

I ordered my timing belt/ tensioner kit, Underdrive pulley with belts from them. Arrived 3 days later.. putting on my car today. Thanks Modern.. Ill be back :)
Im only human..

eastwoodsn352
2GN Member

Post by eastwoodsn352 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:30 pm

since Feb I've placed 4 different orders from MPx and spent nearly $750 on parts from their website. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Always fast shipping. Always provides a tracking number. I guess the only compliant i have if any is....why cant a brother get a free modern performance sticker or something from ordering so much stuff lol.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #100-or until I get a big boy job.
My Feedback: viewtopic.php?t=10552

g_force58
2GN Member

Modern performance

Post by g_force58 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 am

Modern Performance is Great! Bought a lot of stuff from them and it was always top notch. Shipping is awesome. TimDog I think I got your belts with my udp LOL. I got the belts for a non a/c car and I have air. Only time Modern made a mistake with me, but I aint mad.
To Conquer or to Die

Jenni
2GN Member

Post by Jenni » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:15 am

i had some questions and got quick answers.
i placed my 800$ order and made a mistake - and they retransfered the overpaid money and changed the order immediately.
Just waiting for the parts - but there are some very special parts and shipping to Germany takes some weeks...

absolutely no problems with emailing - quick and friendly answers!

bumblee
n00b

Post by bumblee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I have ordered from modern performance for years now. i have never had any problems with them!

<3 them!

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:57 pm

ROFL @ Philly's post.

1) knocking up a broad ---FAIL
and
2) being poor as a resort
3) asking for special treatment ---DOUCHEBAG
4) generally thinking you're entitled to lower prices because of 1 and 2.

As for MP, they're not so bad.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

tytheneonguy
2GN Member

Post by tytheneonguy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:46 pm

I love modern performance they are knowledgeable & very friendly the only discrepancy I have is when I ordered my 60mm throttle body the salesman did not suggest the I.a.c. adapter... oh well nothing a tap & die couldn't handle works great with my c.a.I. & sounds Turbo like :D
02 atx Neon: K&N Typhoon CAI, MPX 60mm tb, MSD wires, Pulstar plugs, 14" American Racing "Estrella" wheels, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk hps pads, Unortodox U.D.P. Gates Racing timing belt, Prothane Race m.m. inserts W.T.B. A604/41TE torque converter

Jerome Adams
2GN Member

Post by Jerome Adams » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I always tryto buy from modern first. Over the past 6 years I have ordered Vibrant muffler, UDP, 60mm TB, Rota Slipstreams, BC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bar set, boogers x2, hurst sts, headgasket set, prothane master bushing kit, and most recently Corbeau FX1 with custom slider. So at least $3000 and nothing but good things to say about them. I love that they are still supporting the neon community.
Jerome

'03 SXT...DODGE NEON CONES

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #067

Return to “Vendor Feedback”