wheels log..... :'(

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 pm

I doubt it. I think it has a lot to do with the orientation of the injectors. We had a heck of a time getting Jake's car to run right with the portfueler hardware, both because the NGC was too adaptive and because the fuel would atomize and turn back into droplets before it hit the valve.

If you are using the stock injectors for the primaries, however, you should definitely use stock fuel pressure at 58psi. You can 1:1 above that, but the stock fuel maps account for that fuel, and if you drop pressure, it sets the code since it knows duty cycles would be too high at WOT in normal circumstances.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 am

i see. i thought stock psi was 48? and srt stock psi was 58? i could be wrong though but ill try both settings today and see which works best. with the portfueler it runs pig rich in boost. my a/frs are about 10.0 or lower when in boost till about 5k rpm then she starts to lean out a lil and by redline im dipping into the high 14s.

thanks for the all the help. i cant wait to get the ms installed and really be able to take control of the tuning.
-nick

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 pm

cars still running very strange. im not going to have a chance to work on the ms till next weekend so shes parked for now. im going to post in another section here shortly
-nick

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Love the car :)
2000 Plymouth Neon ACR/T hybrid 3 speed auto•now a 5 speed•

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:32 am

thanks man. its definitely a work in progress lol

update on the fuel system:

i bought another walbro 255 from a local performance shop for 85 bucks.

when i got home i took the pumnp canister out (didnt have to drian the tank this time). the first thing i noticed was the hose from the pump discharge to the push-lock fitting was loose around the fitting. this is why i wasnt getting enough pressure. the pump was working but most of the flow was leaking out back into the tank. then i continued to take the canister apart and found that the pump i just bought was different then the one i had in the car already.

pics of difference:

the difference is pretty obvious. i could have rigged the wiring to work but there was no way to make the suction side of the pump work. so i put the original walbro 255 back in and put a clamp on the loose hose this time.

completed spoolboy modded canister;

i cycled the pump a few times and instantly had pressure. 58psi. the pump still makes a strange garggling sound when it cycles though. started the car with the vac line to the reg unhooked and pressure stayed constant. i let the car warm up again and took it for a drive to fill up with gas and it seemed to run fine. still a lil lean up top in boost but the dead spot seemed to be gone.

after i filled up and left the station i found that the dead spot around 2500rpm is STILL there but comes alot less often and alot less during boost and regular driving. im going to go back to the shop and see if they have a neon/srt specific pump and exchange it to see if a new pump help. im also going to do a seafoam treatment to see if possibly i have a clogged/gunked injector. hopefully ill be getting my MS hooked up and running this weekend. hopefully...
-nick

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Have you dyno'd the car with the kit? jus curious as to what numbers it puts down. I was the orginal owner of the kit,so im glad to it actually being used :rockon: keep up the hard work man its comin along GREAT!

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm

lol nice. but no i havent had the car dynoed yet. my goal is to hit about 220-230hp on the stock bottom end. im saving up now for forged internals and once i build the motor id like to see 350-400hp.

the kit is decent but im seeing alot of the flaws that were explained to me early on before i installed it. im also using alot of different parts that didnt come with the kit. hks ssqv, fuelab regulator, injen srt intake(not installed yet), and i recently got a top mount manifold im going to use once i get a downpipe made. and im going to be ditching the poertfueler and running ms1v3 but am also going to be upgrading to ms2 or maybe even 3.

just curiuos as to why you didnt use it? lol i know its time consuming
-nick

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 pm

long story short...i bought the kit YEARS ago with the intentions of installing it on my 00' Plymouth & havin one of the few turbo neons...and then dodge came out with the srt4 haha :banghead: i shelved the idea & kit for awhile. Bought the 05' (being a 5 speed Vs. the 00' 3 speed auto) was gonna use the kit on it,started to bolt some of the parts on,cut the notch in the fender for the IC pipe,then realized i needed the port fueler for it to run right on the 03-05 neon. took everything off with a broken spirit,saved for the port fueler (at the time was $1100) got it & then never got motivated to put it on. 00' broke down & sat for four years,as did the kit. Lost my job, and with it the modifing bug. i LOVE my 00',was my first car,wanted it back on the road BAD,so in a deal wit Sean he ended up with the kit & he did a TON of work to get my car back to life. in the end,im SUPER happy to have my baby back & glad to see the kit get used rather then collect dust. im even happier it went to someone on here so i can follow ur log :thumbup:

Wheeeew & that was the short story haha.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:46 pm

haha damn well its cool to know the history behind it! lol and glad you got your car back running. from the original price from modern i got it for a steal thanks to sean and as of now i really dont have much more into it as i would had i gone with the asp kit. surely i would have saved headaches and ended up with a more reliable and popwerful car but i like the diy experience lol
-nick

Dylan-00Blue
2GN Member

Post by Dylan-00Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

if you're looking for a cheap internals upgrade the rt rods/pistons are made of the same materials as the srt ones, so they should be stronger.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

i just threw out an r/t shortblock :( i didnt know they were the same material. i was told they were stronger though. my plan was to use the rods and pistons out of it but im going to start saving up for some eagle rods and j/e low comp pistons and make her bulletproof :twisted: lol
-nick

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:38 am

well i had the intention of installing my MS this past week but couldnt find the time to do it... no MS FTL!

i did however change the timing belt (again) and threw in a gates racing belt this time along with a new pci mechanical tensioner. my old one was squeaking and whinned pretty bad so i decided to upgrade. i retarded the cam gear about 2deg to see how it would effect the car and i notice the powerband is a bit lower now so the car runs fairly well in the stock powerband now. any advice on cam gears and settings is welcome as well lol

old belt and tensioner out:

new tensioner in:

new gates racing belt on:

no more squealing!

also painted the heatshield with 2000deg+ paint. i dont like how flat it turned out though:

i had about 3 cans of gloss black paint sitting around so i decided to spray bomb the underside of the trunk area to help accent the sway bar and dcr arms:

also (i know most wont like this one lol) i trimmed out the "exhaust accent area" on the rear lip. pics can describe better than words:

i actually really really like it. i was going to roll it but decided to just chop it out instead. and once i get my exhaust finished i think itll look really good.

should get a big chunk of change back on my taxes this year and once i get that shes going off to paint! and i have a few upgrades for the interior planned as well :twisted:
-nick

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

WOW

Post by Alex Kurdian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 am

Damn mate are you a mechanic or something ? good work so far really impressive! come down to OZ and help me with my neon!
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Re: WOW

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 am

Alex Kurdian wrote:Damn mate are you a mechanic or something ? good work so far really impressive! come down to OZ and help me with my neon!
haha thanks man. i am a mechanic but not an auto mechanic. i work at a power plant as a junior mechanic though lol wrenching on cars has always been my hobby though. i wish i could make a living out of it.

ive always wanted to go to Australia too! lol
-nick

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 am

Not really a fan of the rolled or cut lip. We did it on dans car and it ended up looking like butt imo :lol: the car is coming along nicely though. Cant wait to see it with skirts on and lips painted blue. Is your car atlantic blue oe eblue? I can never tell in the pics
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Undesolved
2GN Member

Post by Undesolved » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 pm

It looks electric in his sig.

Seth T.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

thanks guys. and yeah its eblue. i tried fitting the skirts the other day when i did the timing belt but ran out of time and motivation. and since they are black like lips im just going to wait till paint to put them on.

as for the rear lip i really like it and think itll look alot better once its painted imo. im thinking of doing a black roof when the time comes for paint too. black roof is legit lol i also have a nice plan for the interior and exhaust :thumbup:
-nick

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm

21 stickers times 5hp each = 105hp!!! haha :rofl:

put these on today and took a few quick pics. have more on the front as well but im still waiting on one more before a reveal it all. enjoy :D

STICKERS!!!!

-nick

eford33
2GN Member

Post by eford33 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:08 pm

YES!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:18 pm

LAWL WIN
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:22 pm

:lol: thanks guys. somone buy my turbo!
-nick

nicksdad06
2GN Member

Post by nicksdad06 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

How much and does it come with adapter plate
dodge neon
Also known as a Piece-o-Shit, this car has to be the worst car ever made. Although it may look cool and have a great name, this car has many defects. Everything from gaping holes in the back floor panel, to missing interior, from failing clutches, to having the clear coat applied before the paint, this car takes the cake as the worlds worst idea of a car.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:09 pm

viewtopic.php?t=53385

^^^ all the details are here. no need for an adapter plate if you have an SOHC. complete kit everything you need $2200
-nick

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:04 pm

stickers look awsome! i cant imagine how much you spent :shock:

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 pm

lol lets just say i whinced a lil when i submited the payment :lol:

i have a couple more to put on yet as well and a few i already had in the toolbox lol
-nick

superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by superdan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 pm

three issues i have with the stickers:

1.) Stickers are too big IMO

2.) Placement looks awkward

3.).....brown?
really? brown? lol
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

Tam
2GN Member

Post by Tam » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I love the "praise the lowered" sticker. haha

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 pm

:laughing3: well dan did read what the brown one says? :thefinger: lol j/k but...

1) i like the size and while some are rather large id prefer to be able to read them w/o getting inches away

2) yeah a few are ascew from the others but thats the point. i wanted them that way. its different like it should be

3) brown? really... why the hell not. reffer to my first statement in this post. i like it /story

lol thanks tam :thumbup: [/u]
-nick

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

well since im selling my depo led tails, i decided to throw my tinted stockers back in. i instantly love the look 110% more now lol even though i really dont care for tinted tails, the depo really wore off on me quickly.

still not sure if i want to keep them tinted or strip the tint and red them out... what do you guys think? excuse the dirtiness!

and a couple more as i was washing her up :lol:

i thought this one was cool. moar sticker pic!

and one last shot of the new rear end lol

thats all for now. lemme know what you guys think about the tails!
-nick

superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by superdan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am

i say take the tint off them and leave them stock
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

Return to “Progress/Project Log”