Dayton OH Meet, April 30th! come or be dumb

For Clubs and Events in: IL,IN,MI,MN,MO,OH,WI
ejclide
2GN Member

Dayton OH Meet, April 30th! come or be dumb

Post by ejclide » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Alright, to save people reading, all of the information for this meet will be posted here. So enjoy the simplicity :D

Time of meet: The commencement of meeting and greeting and sharing of neon livelyhood will be at the half mark past the hour that follows the hour preceded by 2:00pm (2:30 guys)

Location of meet: We will meet here at the regal cinemas parking lot. They have a parking lot that is further away from the theater that I have yet to see occupied even on the busiest nights.

Directions:
From EAST: If you're coming from the columbus area, the quickest route will be to take I70 West until you reach I675. Take that south to exit 17 at North Fairfield Rd. You will want to turn left onto north fairfield road. From here you will go through 4 lights, and at the 5th (Jared's Jewelers on the corner) turn right toward the mall. Make an immediate left onto Fairfield Commons Drive, then pass Red Robin and Fox and Hound pub and grill on the left, taking the first left after the Fox and Hound. From there you will be in the lot

From WEST: Directions are the same except you'll be taking I70 East, durhur :D

From NORTH: I'd imagine I75 will be the quickest way down from Toledo. Once to Dayton, take I70 East for a few miles, then get on I675 South. From here directions are the same.

From SOUTH: I75 North will be your best coice. Once to Dayton get on I675 North. The only difference here will be to take exit 17 and turn RIGHT onto North Fairfield Dr. From here you'll go through 3 lights, and the 4th (Jared's on the corner) Will be your turn into the mall

For some reason the marker on google maps is not correct for the theater, so follow my directions (if you don't have GPS), and the worst case scenario would be that you would just drive on the ring around the mall and you'd eventually find the theater. When closer to the meet I'll PM people my number if they would like the extra security.

FOOD!: We will hop over (could even walk) to Red Robin (although hopping over to Ihop would be funnier). You'll pass by it driving to the meet location, so I'll save myself posting the link. I figure we'll eat whenever the group gets hungry, or if you like we can set a specific time. As long as it's not too late as it tends to get busy on saturday evenings, so maybe 4:30-5:00ish.

After the meet and food, we can hang around more, or if you're dead set on cruising I won't stop you. At some point I plan on going to the theater to watch Fast Five, so if others wanted to join me that'd be cool

List of attendees:
ejclide
Midnight Rider
Occasional Demons
neon krazy419
kyle
Manny (whether he likes it or not)
Sxteve
orangeneon
ianguily
runswithscissors
boyscoutgonebad
neontj
thecomebackkid
Last edited by ejclide on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 18 times in total.
-Eric
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Promise Breaker
occasional demons wrote:"Official Support Vehicle" Just sayin'

superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by superdan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

hm depending on when and if my car is up and running i might attend this...as long as its in ohio lol
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 am

ejclide wrote:...I'm not doing anything gramps can't go to.
Aww, you're so thoughtful! :salute: Where the heck have you been anyway? :hiding:

Dayton will work for me if having a meet in Ohio will mean that more people can make it (and it isn't that far from Richmond, Manny! :rofl: ). I have short work day Saturdays every other week (meaning that I can get someone to cover for me without losing too much overtime). For example, this Saturday the 19th is my short one (I could get someone to cover), next Saturday the 26th is my long one (can't take the day off), etc. Just go forward from there on the calendar. Of course, this meet will be in a few weeks after the weather warms up a little, right? :D Pre-Carlisle!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 am

anyone know of a date yet for this. I can attent if its in march or april. Anything after that and I think I won't be able too as work will get busy again in May I think with working 6 days a week. I do have the week of March the 20th off from work. That week if putting my wheels on and slamming the car again. Also it would be good to do it in Dayton so Dan can be there. Plus I'm sure some Toledo guys would probably shot up. Well lmk.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 am

if my car ever decides that it wants to start or i have a job i will come. I would love to meet some people from the forum.
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

i work til 3pm every saturday and i have drill once a month...PLEASE don't do it on my drill weekend like the rest of the meets have been before, but in the past it looked like the only weekend that worked for everyone was on my drills
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 am

Neon4Life wrote:I do have the week of March the 20th off from work.
Dang it, that Saturday (the 26th) is my long Saturday so I wouldn't be able to make it that day. I am really counting on my overtime (Carlisle, more possible mods) so it would be next to impossible for me to take one of my long Saturdays off. But I really want everyone to be able to make it... :banghead:
Neon4Life wrote:Also it would be good to do it in Dayton so Dan can be there. Plus I'm sure some Toledo guys would probably shot up. Well lmk.
Yes, Dayton sounds like the right place so more people can make it. :thumbup:
stdlystdmufn wrote:i work til 3pm every saturday and i have drill once a month...PLEASE don't do it on my drill weekend like the rest of the meets have been before, but in the past it looked like the only weekend that worked for everyone was on my drills
Since the days are getting longer, if you would drive directly from work, there might still be some daylight by the time you would reach Dayton. What is the schedule for your drills in March and April?

Boyscoutgonebad
2GN Member

Post by Boyscoutgonebad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:48 am

superdan wrote:hm depending on when and if my car is up and running i might attend this...as long as its in ohio lol
same here

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 am

It's looking like Dayton is a :quotes: done deal :quotes: for the meet location. We just need to set the date.

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:00 pm

I'd be up for a meet, even if i am the only 1gn :roll: .
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:03 pm

25-27 march and 15-17 april but i cant make it the weekend of march 9th either
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Boyscoutgonebad
2GN Member

Post by Boyscoutgonebad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Aprill is looking better on my end. March is pretty hecktic already.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:39 pm

i would be defiantly willing to go to dayton for a meet. im in college and finals week is the first week in may so april would be better. on almost any weekend i can plan around work.
Buyer/ Seller Feedback Here

2005 OB Srt-D, R/T motor swap

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 pm

ianguilly wrote:I'd be up for a meet, even if i am the only 1gn :roll: .
A Neon is a Neon. :thumbup:

It's starting to look like a date in April will be better for everyone (and warmer than March!). Now we just need to pick somewhere in Dayton to meet up so you Buckeyes need to shout out about a good spot.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:42 pm

im from TOL so apart from google searching a place i would not be able to help decided. dayton people shout out the hot spots.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 pm

There is a place in Dayton where I always stop to/from Carlisle but I doubt that Tim Hortons would appreciate their restaurant parking lot being overrun with Neons. :lol:

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 pm

neon drivers love coffee! :D

ejclide
2GN Member

Post by ejclide » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Alright, sorry guys, Epic fail on my part to remember to check this thread.

I would really like to wait til it warms up around here, and also so I can get my suspension fixed before we meet. March will be hectic for me with finals as well, so I think April would be best. Gramps, Studly, and manny, post what saturdays would be good for you in april and we'll try to finalize based on that.

As far as a meeting location, we could just meet at the fairfield commons mall, it's close to the air force museum and my school, and there is plenty of dining in the immediate vacinity. If someone knows of a better location let me know, I just know this area best and can direct people around here better. Did I mention there's LOTS of food options? :D

edit: This fairfield commons mall is off of exit 17 on I675, so the easy route for indianians would be 70 to 675, and toledans probably just 75 south to 70 east to 675. I'm sure there are quicker routes, those are just easiest.
Last edited by ejclide on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Eric

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 pm

MMmmmmm Doughnuts......

Im in Cincy, so i'm not the best for scouting.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:00 pm

me like food and the air force museum is an easy area to get to my aunt used to live around there

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:08 pm

ejclide wrote:Gramps, Studly, and manny, post what saturdays would be good for you in april and we'll try to finalize based on that.
2nd, 16th, and 30th. I'll just need advance notice so that I can get someone to cover for me at work.
ejclide wrote:...indianians...
Huh? :scratch: Hoosiers! :lol:

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

every weekend but 15-17, also it would be best for me if we chose sundays in April...all my in-laws kid's birthdays are in april and they like celebrating on saturdays but we can probably work around it.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 pm

sunday would be a ruff drive but im game

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm

i kinda hate doing things on Sundays but honestly i think we are about to start working 6 days a week now again at work instead of 4 wich i am currently on. so that would leave me out of anything if the date is set on a saturday as i work evenings too. 3pm to 11:30pm. well someone decide on a date. lol. not rite now but within this next week so we can all know.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

^^^^^LIKE^^^^^^

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Oh great, I started working my part-time job on Sundays again last week. :banghead: A Saturday would really be better for me.

ejclide
2GN Member

Post by ejclide » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:25 pm

okay, saturdays work a lot better for me too unfortunately. So I am going to put a vote in for April 30th. If there are any serious objections then voice them now. We'll set this in stone by the end of the week.
-Eric

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Yo, how'd I miss this? April is best for me let me see what weekends I have free Saturdays are probably better for me. Ill make Dayton. Maybe I can talk anyone near a certifit to bring me a bumper.
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:42 pm

orangeneon05 wrote:im from TOL so apart from google searching a place i would not be able to help decided. dayton people shout out the hot spots.
where about in toledo
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 pm

i live right across from campus.

Return to “Midwest”