"new" car!

Any sort of pictures or videos (no adult content!) that is not related to Neons go here.
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

"new" car!

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Sold the Neon this morning and went out and bought my new beast. It's an 00 Blazer ZR2 with 130K miles. Interior is filthy (so no pics) but the exterior isn't bad at all for being 11 years old and a rust belt vehicle. However, I noticed on the way home it does seem to have a bit of an oil problem, so I'll have to have that looked at soon. However, I only paid 1600 for it, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

On to a couple pics:

Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:15 pm

:tardbang:

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Well that's helpful...?
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm

skaterking411 wrote::tardbang:
how bout you go start the 521st Fast Five thread and how the movie changed your life. Sean has worked really hard to get out the financial situation he was in to get to a point where he can eliminate debt and live comfortably. I respect Sean for this. He may be an asshole and borderline pedophile but he works hard to get what he wants in life. Sean, stick tap (hockey term) to you.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Thank you good sir! It's no WRX or anything... but I do make (I think) less than 1/3 of your pay too, so... haha.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:Thank you good sir! It's no WRX or anything... but I do make (I think) less than 1/3 of your pay too, so... haha.
if you would just wear what I keep suggestion I'd pay you more per "session"
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm sorry but the Catholic school girl outfit you bought just doesn't fit! My moobs aren't big enough...

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm

well.. satisfy my fetish and you'll get paid
2017 Subaru WRX STI

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Buy the right shit and I'll rock your world! :rofl:

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 pm

MoxHair wrote:
skaterking411 wrote::tardbang:
how bout you go start the 521st Fast Five thread and how the movie changed your life. Sean has worked really hard to get out the financial situation he was in to get to a point where he can eliminate debt and live comfortably. I respect Sean for this. He may be an asshole and borderline pedophile but he works hard to get what he wants in life. Sean, stick tap (hockey term) to you.
:withstupid:
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm so glad that not only are you out of debt, but that you got exactly what you wanted. I hope the oil leak is nothing major and an easy fix. :D

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks. It's not "exactly" what I wanted, but close enough that I'm satisfied. I'd have preferred one without an oil leak, but no biggie, haha.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 pm

You have more posts in this thread than in my new car thread. I am sad now.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 pm

I didn't want to derail your thread with homosexual references.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Congrats Sean!

Get that little oil issue squared away, a few cans of Krylon Fusion for the plastics and Tremclad for the metals and it will look great!

Where is the spare carrier?

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Grats man, glad you got a new ride for way cheap!

Hope this is a sign of good things to come :thumbup:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:35 am

Canada wrote:Congrats Sean!

Get that little oil issue squared away, a few cans of Krylon Fusion for the plastics and Tremclad for the metals and it will look great!

Where is the spare carrier?

I asked this, and the guy gave me an excuse that makes sense. They removed it.

Reason being, the truck was used for work (it appears he was a drywaller... I say this because the back of the truck is coated in scratches and drywall pieces/dust) and with them having to go in and out of the back so often, they removed the tire carrier.

Full size spare is in the back of the truck laying down, so not such a big deal. It's one of those things I'll have to purchase eventually, but right now maintenance and the oil leak are my first concerns. I noticed while driving around tonight that the trans seems to slip a little bit, but the fluid is FILTHY so I'm really hoping that it's just in need of a fluid/filter change and not something more along the lines of being ass raped.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 am

I wish that you could have kept the Neon but, if the Chevy will expediate your route to financial freedom, I'm all for it!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 am

It only would have been another month, so not really a big change. This move was more about my sanity... I like blazers a lot more than my neon.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Sun May 01, 2011 8:55 am

If you like looking out the back go for a roof mount tire carrier or use a standard Blazer mount inside (33" is the largest tire you can fit in the back)

Lucas trans fix did wonders for mine

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 am

I don't care much about the rear view, since with the seats up I can barely see anything anyways. I would consider a roof mount... but since the holes are already in the quarterpanel, I'll just stay that route for now.

I don't have any plans (yet) about a lift or larger tires. I want to get it cleaned up, the oil leak and slight trans slippage taken care of and see where I'm at first.

I checked the trans fluid and it's nasty, probably hasn't been changed in a while. So I'm hoping a good flush will take care of that issue, I know it worked on my old Grand Prix when it was slipping really bad... so we'll see on that one.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 am

In the back of the truck if you wanted to mount the tire using a blazer mount on the side like a Jeep 33" is the biggest you can fit back there.

If its the OE trans its from a full size GM truck with blazer pan and filter for clearance very hard to kill. Use a good synthetic fluid and a bottle of trans fix should be good as new.

Oil leak is likely valve cover or oil pan gasket.
Last edited by bone-yard-racing on Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:34 am

Gotta get the fluid changed first and we'll see where I go from there.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 am

Good deal. Good that you got what you want. Nice being out of debt.

BUT.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into one of them nickel and dime type deals. Being out of debt isn't all that helpful if you are putting in as much money in maintenance as you were for a payment a month.

Hopefully it works out in your favor..
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks man, I'm hoping the same thing. That's why I went with the Blazer over a Durango and Camaro I wanted. I've had nothing but bad luck with Camaros, and well... Dodge can't make a good transmission to save their lives. And like I've said, we have had Blazers forever now. I have owned an 89 and a 94 prior to this one, my dad has owned a 96 and his 98, my step mom owned a 94 Bravada and now has an 03 (I think?) ZR2 like mine, and my brother owned an 88 S 10 pickup and a 99 Sonoma.

Safe to say I know a little bit about these vehicles, haha.

smallblockfreak
2GN Member

Post by smallblockfreak » Sun May 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Wrong it's people can't drive vehicles to save their lives. You would be amazed how long a dodge transmission will hold up with regular maitance and a tranny cooler. I'm pretty sure i hear of Automatic transmissions going out in all the big three all the time. Most of the time it's due to poor maintance. A 46re is just as strong as a 4L60E.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Ummm, no. Under regular conditions a dodge ram trans will fail before a Chevy trans. Do some research, it is a fact. And I'm talking bone stock vehicles too.

smallblockfreak
2GN Member

Post by smallblockfreak » Sun May 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Hmmmm then i guess i just have one lucky family that we have owned three dodge rams, a dakota, and a durango and no transmission problems and with a father that does a burnout pretty much every day he gets home from work but yes dodge must have the shittiest transmissions known to man. Yet a 46RE is based off the 727 TorqueFlight which is also a strong transmission without an overdrive and we have owned way too many vehicles with 727s. The only dodge tranny failure we have had was my 88 Dodge Dynasty with the A604 which is nothing but a slushbox. I am also talking stock transmission and i'm pretty sure dodge uses a 47RE behind the cummins which just has more clutch packs as where a chevy uses a allison for their Dirtymaxx. Whatever to each their own if your happy with it then good.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Sun May 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Compare GM and Chrysler trans side by side the Chrysler is only about 2/3s the size of the GM. Great for mounting and clearace but awful for heat. All the components are smaller and closer together making them run hotter and have less area to disipate heat. This is why the ATF+ serries is synthetic DEX/MER ATF is too thin and breaks down at much too low of a temperature.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm sorry smallblockfreak, I didn't realize you know all and everybody who has ever had a Dodge trans blow is an awful driver and never took care of their stuff. You're right, Dodge's transmissions are more powerful than Superman.

Now please stop trolling my thread with inaccuracies based on personal experience and not actual proof from the world. Buh bye now.

Return to “Off-Topic Media”