*DODGE NEON/SRT-4 EAST COAST MEET!*

For Clubs and Events in: AL,AR,FL,GA,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,TX
BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

*DODGE NEON/SRT-4 EAST COAST MEET!*

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:32 pm

If you drive any model neon or SRT-4 please read this!

Xperimental Innovations Dodge Neon/SRT-4 East Coast Meet

If you drive any model neon or SRT-4 please read this!
This is a friendly meet for any Neon or SRT-4 owner to get together for a nice BBQ and hang out to talk about neons, Share our thoughts and Ideas and have a good time.

Location: Savannah, GA @ PepBoys (Address will be posted soon)
Date: Saturday June 25, 2011 & Sunday June 26, 2011
Number of cars: 25+ as of 4/23/1011
^^This information will be updated regularly up until the final set location and plans.^^

This meet is going to be for anyone with any year or model Dodge/Plymouth Neon or SRT4,yes, even the Caliber. Don't have a Neon or SRT4? Still join us for the day, but you have to contribute something to the BBQ such as food, drinks, etc. :P There are going to be a few different cars such as Eclipse, Imprezza, etc. This is mainly for the Neon/SRT4 community though.

We will probably be meeting at a Pepboys early Saturday morning then spending Saturday doing different activities. Those who plan on staying in a Hotel on the Saturday night into Sunday morning will be booking their room early as possible Saturday morning.
Plans for the day will include a nice BBQ, fun time for the kids and family and lots of pics of everyone and all the cars. This is where a good portion of the day will be spent. I will post more information about the park as son as I find out where it will be and what time we will have it reserved for. After the park (Towards the evening)we will all take part in a nice lengthy cruise for everyone, there is a couple of locals that will lead the way along some beautiful roads and scenery for us, they have a surprise for us during this cruise. After the cruise, if people are still hungry after the BBQ, we can all meet up at a Buffalo Wild Wings for a late dinner before heading back to our Hotels or hitting the road for home. Again, this is going to be sort of like a fun meet for lots of us to get together and talk about our cars and such.. The neon community is shrinking, so it would be nice to see a lot of neon enthusiasts join together for a day or two.

*EDIT*
"Re: East Coast Meet

Postby 1st gen freak » Wed May 04, 2011 8:44 am
Alright Guys, I know I've been M.I.A. on this thread but there is some good news, there happens to be a car/bike show here on the 25th and it's pretty local. I've also found a track within a few miles that belongs to the city but some of the guys I hang with go out there all the time and goof off (Auto-X, Drift, drive the old track Ect.) The down side is that there may be a "Legends of golf" tournament that week end so we may get run out of there. it's a gamble but alot of fun. We're still set with meeting up at the Pepboys to the best of my knowledge and weather permitting my guys are going to be meeting that night. down side is I don't know if the ol neon will be up and running by then so it may just be me and the subaru. guideing you guys around, but it's a bugeye so it kinda looks like a neon!"

Hotel information updated - we will eventually hold a vote for which one we want to attend. Not all of us have to attend the same hotel, but it will be convenient to book a room in the same general area. If the links aren't working, just copy/paste the names on Google to find the hotel and information about it. Location is Savannah, GA (south region near I-95 and 204) if you are booking a room for the night before the meet, that is up to you. Saturday night booking will have to be done early Saturday morning because the majority of us will be meeting at PepBoys early in the morning before the BBQ. All addresses (Hotel, PepBoys, Park, Buffalo WW) will be posted soon.

So far a few of us coming up from Florida, have a room reserved (or are going to soon) at the Hampton - Option #1.

1. Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 South - Gateway -------- ~$119 per night
Link: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hote ... cn=SAVGWHX

2. Clarion Inn & Suites ---------------------------------------------------- ~$109 per night
Link: http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-savan ... rgia-GA298

3. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at I-95 -------------------------- ~$106 per night
Link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... orgia.html

4. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Savannah I-95 South ------------ ~$106 per night
Link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/s ... -95-south/

5. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Savannah I-95 South ------------------ ~$100 per night
Link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/s ... -95-south/

6. Super 8 Savannah ------------------------------------------------------- ~$78 per night
Link: http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Bo ... tyId=18103

http://www.xineons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=281
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 3091951628
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=373383
Last edited by BaLLisTiK on Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Plymouth Neon Expresso Coupe
2.0L DOHC MTX
Iceman intake, A/C delete, Header, Cat delete, Glasspack, Resonator - SRT4 Dual Outlets.
Aftermarket Audio.
Soon to have SRT4 17" Wheels - Gloss black.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Hopefully some people in the area can make this.

Most people that would travel any major distance will be saving their money for the Carlisle meet in July.

Best of luck with the meet.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

I would love to.. but our twins are due roughly a month before that.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 pm

I would but I am saving up for Carlisle.

Good luck!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

PurpleStuff
2GN Member

Post by PurpleStuff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 pm

If I wasn't already going to GA in April then I would go to this
Build Thread....Check It viewtopic.php?t=51626

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Awe no one here is interested lol I was told by someone on 1gn to post it here. So far a lot of people from the florida srt forum are thinking about coming and there's a good 15-20 expected from xineons.
2.0L DOHC MTX
Iceman intake, A/C delete, Header, Cat delete, Glasspack, Resonator - SRT4 Dual Outlets.
Aftermarket Audio.

v95
2GN Member

Post by v95 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 am

I Might be down depending on when i start my graduate study/internship over the summer
I Hate Your Neon!!!

you can not imagine immensity of the fuck that I do not give about your comment.

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 pm

v95 wrote:I Might be down depending on when i start my graduate study/internship over the summer
Sounds good. I'll update this thread in the coming weeks, we are planning this now. There will be at 2-3 months notice of the exact layout of plans and activities, so keep a look out for updates. If you have any suggestions for the meet, let me know or PM me.
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

Spanky
2GN Member

Post by Spanky » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 pm

I was planning a roadtrip down south this summer and this is a good reason too.I may be down for this depending on how many cars are interested from up here.

1998 Neon R/T
2005 Neon SRT-D
2010 SCCA Solo Rookie of the Year

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Spanky wrote:I was planning a roadtrip down south this summer and this is a good reason too.I may be down for this depending on how many cars are interested from up here.
Sounds good, I will be filling in all the information about this meet soon. I do realize that Carlisle / N2k are right around this same time frame, but this is mainly for people in the east or southeast who are not going to make the trip to those meets, we would love to get more people to show at this meet! This is going to be more of a fun time, there may be a car show involved (neon/srt4 only) and minigolf reserved for us. Like I've said, suggestions/inputs are still very welcome.
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

Spanky
2GN Member

Post by Spanky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:52 pm

If there is a race track or autocross near that area it would be nice to have some fun that way as well.

1998 Neon R/T
2005 Neon SRT-D
2010 SCCA Solo Rookie of the Year

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:34 pm

there most likely will be no racing, there is no 1/4 mile in the area and the 1/8 will most likely be no fun due to a busy race weekend, it'll bee too crowded and reserving only 1 lane means we will be up against only other cars that are going to the track. It just doesn't seem logical and people are driving from very far away such as myself, I can't risk blowing up my car. It's never seen a track or dyno yet lol
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

lilnicko11
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by lilnicko11 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 pm

You will hopefully get some of the people down your way. But our annual meet is in early July in Pennsylvania so thats what most of the members here save for year round since most of us are there anywhere from 2-4 days. It is the All Chrysler Nationals Event in Carlisle.

YOur meet sounds like loads of fun. Hopefully you get a good turnout. There are some people in those areas lurking on here. Hopefully this thread will catch their eye. Good luck bro!
2002 NEON ACR
2004 NEON SRT4
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:55 am

Thanks, I appreciate it. Our meet is going to be a trial and error, it's the 1st Annual meet for us so we want to set a good tone for any future meets we might do. This meet is probably gonna be a day of mini golf with a cruise, chillin at a park with hoods popped (if we don't do a car show) with burgers and dogs on grills and having a good time with maybe a hotel party or something... There is a good number of 1gns that are supposed to be going, but we want ALL neons/Srt's and even other Mopar's out there. I figure there are a number of Neon owners in the southeast region that are not going to N2k or Carlisle for financial or distance reasons, this meet may be more convenient for those people. Plus, it's nice to have a group of people getting together and sharing the same interest in cars and ideas.
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

teh6xthecharm
2GN Member

Post by teh6xthecharm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 pm

someone would finally organize a meet close to me, AFTER I sell my neon hahaha!

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am

Come out in any car. :P
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

dsnowsxt
2GN Member

Post by dsnowsxt » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 pm

id love to go to this
2005 sxt

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Spanky wrote:If there is a race track or autocross near that area it would be nice to have some fun that way as well.
Check out the updates, we may be able to hit up a city owned autox type track...
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am

bump for pep boys address update, im in jax FL so i'll just drive day of lol

-Mike
"Hey it could happen !!"-Guard1an

GUARDIAN's NODLE viewtopic.php?t=59395

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 am

Sweet - I'm in the process of getting the address(s) for Pep boys, and the Park!

Help me get the word out.. any more owners in Jax?
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

BaLLisTiK
2GN Member

Post by BaLLisTiK » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 am

8702 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406-4506

Now I am working on getting the address for the park we will be at most of the day. It's a 5 minute drive from pepboys.
2.0L DOHC MTX
Aftermarket Audio.

Return to “South/Southeast”