botched paint job.....

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
NiteHawk
2GN Member

botched paint job.....

Post by NiteHawk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 pm

so i had Classic Auto Refinishing in Murrysville, Pennsylvania paint my car...

it took them 2.5 weeks to complete and this is what i was left with...

I tried taking pictures of the actual damage but it's a lot harder than you'd think...

i eventually gave up trying to take pictures that could truely show you how fucked up this paint job is.....so i moved it outside and just used tape to show all of the spots on the car i considered to be less than satisfactory...

i would like to also note that i did not even have enough tape to show everything as from the body line down there is BAD orange peel on all 4 doors.....

enjoy.

Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:50 pm

i hate body shops i have never found a good one let alone a good mechanic sucks man
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear this man. I assume you paid the big bucks for the job, judging by your high expectations? I hope you weren't expecting an OEM quality result for $2000 (or gasp, less). If you don't pay $4-6000 then you can't really expect perfection.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:24 pm

glad when my car went to insurance I got to take it to my buddys shop here in york....they gave me a lifetime deal on the work and paint if I wasnt happy id just bring it back
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:35 pm

$3600.....

i wasnt expecting perfection.........but i WAS expecting to get my money's worth...

i could have gotten this same results from Maaco for about $600
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Ok, yeah that's pretty expensive for that many mistakes. I just had to be sure, some people think 'a paint job is a paint job'. Not many people know how much they cost in the real world. I assume you're going to make them aware of your feelings?
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Dude, thats horrible.. I told you from the prep pictures that I didn't like the bodyshop..

If I had some free time in the shop I'd do the neon for you. But we are pretty booked for a while :(
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

yeah, i'm well aware of how much paint jobs cost...

i already have let them know how i feel about their work... i told them after carlisle i'm coming back down for them to fix the whole car since they didnt do it right the first time.

if they refuse, i'll sue them, get my money back, and either paint the car myself, or find someone who WILL paint it right the first time.
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Suffice to say I know how you feel, only second time around I had to fix it myself. Gotta love when people sand filler with 220 grit and spray base right over it. Let alone use silicone agents near the car, or not wax/tar/grease it properly before paint. And I would've removed that windshield molding and/or used molding tape, it works rather well even on the stiff front molding our cars have.

:( Best of luck getting it fixed.

Lantern04rt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by Lantern04rt » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

NiteHawk wrote:$3600.....

i wasnt expecting perfection.........but i WAS expecting to get my money's worth...

i could have gotten this same results from Maaco for about $600
Maaco would have done better this is awful I'm sorry this happened contact the better business bureau.

I would also suggest doing a video walk around of the car to back up your pictures.

a23dranger
2GN Member

Post by a23dranger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

dude.. that sucks.. body filler work swelling, orange peel and everything that could go wrong or be wrong happened.. sucks..

my shop would never ever let that slide.. out painter used to work on and restore Ferrari's and such and we have high standards. if its not perfect it doesn't leave the shop.

the extra bit of time you spend doing it right the first time might hurt you a tad profits and such. but having to redo it again. Sure as hell takes alot more time and costs the shop more then if it was done right the first time
96 ranger 5.0,4wd,atx swap, jd lift and more, oem+
98 ACR 67k
01 ACR-R/T

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 pm

:withstupid: I was reading this with a half smile the whole time saying in the back of my head, "Damn, Ryan's paint job on my car came out better than this!"

That does suck, though, man. Personally I would never pay that much for a paint job, because for that price, I'm sure I'd find things to bitch about. Paint is so easy to screw up and just gets scratched anyway, the less I pay for it, the happier I am. HOPEFULLY, they help you out with it after the trip, man, but expect them to to be really stingy about it.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 am

yeah, it sucks.

as soon as i get back from carlisle, i'm dropping the car off. if they refuse to fix it i go straight to the magistrate, file a case against them, and get my money back...

i need a video camera to be able to take any kind of walkaround video.

when i get my money back, i plan on either taking it to another shop or just doing it my own damn self...

this is what i'm capable of..........looks a sure fuckton better than what these asshats gave me...

Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:39 am

Wow, now I'm scared as to what might happen when I get my car repainted (and it will happen someday- I'm already planning for it). Hope that you can get this settled to your satisfaction! :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 am

oh man, this just isnt right... :(
-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:51 am

And they even bricked up your back window...

Bastards. Definitely get a walk-around before the Carlisle trip for insurance/suing reasons. I thought your original paint looked good last year, hopefully this issue gets sorted out and made right for you.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 am

my paint last year definitely looked better than this...

god i wish i never woulda gone to this place...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:08 am

UriahRR wrote::withstupid: I was reading this with a half smile the whole time saying in the back of my head, "Damn, Ryan's paint job on my car came out better than this!"

That does suck, though, man. Personally I would never pay that much for a paint job, because for that price, I'm sure I'd find things to bitch about. Paint is so easy to screw up and just gets scratched anyway, the less I pay for it, the happier I am. HOPEFULLY, they help you out with it after the trip, man, but expect them to to be really stingy about it.
i paid 3800 for my paint job and its looks great imo. The only beef i have with him is he didnt paint inside the door jams so there still a few scratches in there.
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 am

yeah i saw cody's paint..........looks a million times better than what i paid $200 less for...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Dude, that sinks. I work in a body shop and thats not right, maybe they need to do what we do. "That would be checking the paint once the car is done before giving it away". Sorry bro!

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm

One way or another my car will be painted correctly...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Wow thats sad when maaco would do a better job then a $3,000+ paint job. Sue them and take it somewhere else.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Macco did mine for $1700 and looks WAY better then this...sorry Matt...
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:43 pm

NiteHawk wrote:yeah i saw cody's paint..........looks a million times better than what i paid $200 less for...
in all seriousness, if you get your money back and want somebody to paint it, ill give you his number.
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

thecause17
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by thecause17 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am

Fix's in North Huntingdon. I backed into a tree with my truck last year and had to have the tailgate and bumper replaced. I literally can't tell a difference from the factory finish. They bake it as well. I'm sure they'll want a pretty penny to do a whole car, but I believe it would be worth it rather than going through what you just went through. A friend of mine may go there for an estimate on getting his FD done, I'm curious as to what they would want.

Sucks that didn't turn out well. It's always a gamble if you haven't seen work that the place has done before. My neighbor went through that last year with his Nova, not quite to the extreme that yours is, but he paid $5k.
2002 R/T(SOLD)

speed127
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by speed127 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Had mine done at Macco and only payed a little over $600. They bake it and all and I had in back in a week.
- Custom or Nuthin -
-My SRT4 swap project log-
viewtopic.php?p=923967#923967
-My 2nd gen progress log-
viewtopic.php?t=52665&highlight=
-My 1st gen project log-
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p3090897

thump3r
2GN Member

Post by thump3r » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm

damn being a painter/ auto body tech that's a hack job. wow sorry to hear about that

are shop starts at 3500 for a scuff and spray and we always do more then a "scuff" we tend to fix dings and dents and block everything out.

i find with macco it really depends on the owner some of the shops are decent others arnt so much. i re did a car where they masked around the front bra on a mustang and i took the air blower and 90% of the paint along with the dirt under the paint flaked off in sheets. but that beign said i have seen other macco jobs turn out show finishes

speed127
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by speed127 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 pm

/\ agree
- Custom or Nuthin -
-My SRT4 swap project log-
viewtopic.php?p=923967#923967
-My 2nd gen progress log-
viewtopic.php?t=52665&highlight=
-My 1st gen project log-
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p3090897

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Atleast they did a good job on the hood!

Sorry man, that really sucks. It's the only reason I keep dragging my feet on getting my NYG repainted. Besides the fact that I'd rather spend money on going fast than paint.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:11 am

they didnt touch the hood......................................

and actually the douchebag owner left some scratches in the hood from when he was trying to convince me to let him do flames on the hood.....he drew them out with his finger and i think his nail scratched the surface cause i can see the outline he drew...

fucking fail...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Return to “Picture Post”