Modern Performance, never expected this from them

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
p8ntballah413
2GN Member

Modern Performance, never expected this from them

Post by p8ntballah413 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:59 pm

I just got my new vibrant front strut bar from them, and all i have to say is wow...they must be retarded, the thing doesnt even come close to fitting on the car, one ring is noticibly bigger than the other and the side with the larger rings only has two holes on it. i dunno if they even opened this box up before they shipped, but this is rediculous, you put my part on backorder and then u ship me this pos instead.......

dawm
2GN Member

Post by dawm » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:19 pm

even when modern checks the contents. doesnt mean it will be right, i went thru 3 headlights before i got the correct side/bezel color when i needed one for when i had the SRT front end. but they took care of me.

someone else had an issue with the vibrant from MPx, one ring was bigger, and was deemed to be a vibrant error. remember vibrant doenst just make 1 strut bar. rings must have gotten mixed up during assembly.
12 Subaru WRX hatch - #notadowngrade
04 Neon - #base2SRT #24NAprojectgoneSRT
03 Subaru Forester 2.5XS - #gfscar #butiown
06 Subaru WRX STi - #traded4hatchback12WRX #gone
98 Neon R/T 2.4L Turbo Coupe - #7yearproject #SRTified #megasquirt
http://www.st1ck3rs.com
http://www.detroitneonowners.org

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:41 pm

i've spent over 1000 dollars at modern in the past...they get a A+ from me...call them i'm sure they wll take care of you
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

scneonchic
2GN Veteran

Post by scneonchic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:13 pm

I would buy from modern any day over howell..maybe its just because im only a few states over from modern, but everytime i order something, i have it by the end of the week, if not before. super fast shipping to me.

only time I ever had to wait, was when they were out of my gauge bezel, and I just got a different color and when I got my exhaust, it was on backorder. but even then I only waited about 4 weeks or so

ACHEAPSHOT
2GN Member

Post by ACHEAPSHOT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:02 pm

I just bought the Eibach Pro springs from them today. Great guys. Just give them a call, they will treat you right.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #89

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:54 am

Vendors buy from vendors. A distributor like Modern is NOT going to open EVERY box that comes through. They are going to assume that their vendor's labelling is correct.
I had teh saem problem with VIBRANT. I bought the cheapo strut tower brace ($40 @ Modern) and ended up with the higher-end, polished bar! Score on for me, but it wasn't Modern's fault. Vibrant is pretty famous for being screwy...
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:05 am

^^I did the opposite. ordered the type v STB and got the standard one. but i only paid 35 for it new, so no biggie. someday ill prob upgrade to the dc front brace if i ever get an srt carbon hood.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 am

The DC unit w/SRT-4 C/F hood is exactly my plan. When I win the friggin' lotto. I'm SO cash poor right now it ain't even funny. AFter this ski trip my honey booked (one week) I will be poor like Kenny....
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:04 pm

I talk with cory(ceo) often enough, he runs a good business. now although i've never bought anything except a set of oem cobalt tail lights from him(long story), i would still give modern an A+
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

Return to “Vendor Feedback”