Chrysler dealer gone bad...

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Paul56
2GN Member

Chrysler dealer gone bad...

Post by Paul56 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:22 pm

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/ar ... 587700.php

Can you imagine...

-outstanding loan on your existing vehicle
-you purchase a new vehicle and the dealer is supposed to pay off the old loan
-dealer does not pay off old loan
-you now have 2 car payments

Not that purchasing a new vehicle with the old one not paid off is a great idea, but this really screws people.

Apparently any vehicles in the shop for service at the time of closing are not being released.

In any case, the whole situation is bad all around.
2011 Honda Fit Sport

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 pm

they dont call them stealerships for nothin. I just hope all those poor ppl get their money
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Re: Chrysler dealer gone bad...

Post by bone-yard-racing » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Paul56 wrote:-you purchase a new vehicle and the dealer is supposed to pay off the old loan
-dealer does not pay off old loan
-you now have 2 car payments

It shouldnt have to be said but that is really illegal on the dealers part assuming it was agreed that the dealer would pay off the loan. A surprising amount of people try to fuck us (dealers) in fact for every bad dealer there are 10 bad customers at a good dealer that make it bad for everyone.

You will never believe how often this exchange takes place
Me: Are you still making payments on the xxx
Dickhead: You dont need to know
Me: Yes I do
Dickhead: For what
Me: The bank will want to be paid before they relase the title.
Dickhead: I'll tell you later

This continues until you give up the farm then Mr.Dickhead finally gets you to a payoff that is 3x (not a joke) more than the car is worth and bitches because his new payment changes. Couple examples:

3yr old CX9 payoff 41xxx value 18xxx
4yr old Acadia value 23xxx payoff 61xxx < that is what 10yr credit union loans do

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 pm

According to Gina DeVane's suit: Edward “stated to (Gina) on or about the 1st day of July, 2011, the following: ‘You are not receiving a check. I made your house payment last month. Done supporting you.'”
:rofl:
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 pm

I am NOT SURPRISED to hear that this Stealership closed !!!
Good for them.

Not too long ago....There was a Stealership local to me, that closed their doors for good, before Chrysler had a chance to terminate their contract. If they hadn't shut down when they did, they probably would have had their lease termed by Chrysler / Fiat, during the bankruptcy anyway.... Not that anyone would miss them.

Try doing a search on 'Ripoffreport.com' for Viking Dodge.
They were pulling similar scams as the Stealership in the link above, including not paying off the loans on vehicles that were being traded in.

Not only that, they were also accused of doing some "creative accounting" :quotes: during the loan process.

The "creative accounting" worked this way:
Let's say, *for example*, you went to buy a base Highline Neon from them, with manual windows and manual trans, and no options, no A/C, etc.
You either traded in a car, OR give them a down payment, and put in the application for financing, etc.

When this Stealership would put the paperwork through for the loan, the car would be mysteriously 'upgraded' to a fully loaded DOHC ATX Neon with A/C, power windows + locks, sunroof, anti-lock brakes, etc., etc.
I'm not quite sure what the benefit of doing this was, besides getting a loan for a 'higher value'.

This ^ did not affect the owner / buyer of the car 'directly', since this would happen without their consent or knowledge.
BUT it may have left the buyers / owners of the car, open to 'legal hassles' and possible allegations of fraud.... if, let's say, the driver got into an accident and had to make a claim.
I could see an insurance investigator, finding the fraudulent paperwork and giving the owner headaches, during the claim process... Perhaps even denying them.
In other words, let's say an owner, put in an insurance claim, not knowing the bank was told it was a fully loaded Neon, (according to the loan application) but now, he/she is putting in a claim on a base coupe with no options ... ???

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Wow. :shock:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 pm

NickKo wrote:
In other words, let's say an owner, put in an insurance claim, not knowing the bank was told it was a fully loaded Neon, (according to the loan application) but now, he/she is putting in a claim on a base coupe with no options ... ???

- Nick
The insurance would know from the VIN exactly what trim level the car is. The amount payed to the bank would be the fair market amount for that trim level. Any extra owed to the bank would only screw the person who financed the car.

Now if the dealer was pocketing the extra amount financed... And the buyer is not smart enough to look at the loan papers...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic”