GUARD1AN's NODLE

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Guard1an
2GN Member

GUARD1AN's NODLE

Post by Guard1an » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:33 pm

this is my build log prepare for epicness, she is a 2000 Plymouth Neon, came from the factory with a SOHC and ATX, well now shes 420A (out of a '98 Eclipse at 78K miles) powered, 5spd MTX out of a 2002 Neon, cat delete and 2.25" exhaust w/ SRT-4 cat back, new eclipse radiator, and besides the reverse flow head on the the 420A, a DOHC is a direct fit, just need custom exhaust work, lengthen the IAC, TPS, FI, IAT, coolant temp, and map sensor wires and your golden pony boy :D !!

sock motor plate installed

motor plate mod'ed

stock AC bracket IS REQUIRED !!!

stock sensors reused on the 420A TB

EGR plate needs swapped from SOHC motor to DOHC, stock 420A engines still use EGR's

2 of the 3 ports on the back of the intake manifold need plugged, hells yea almost no vacuum lines lol

stock SS fuel line modded to fit.......

this !!

made this from.... shit i can't remember lol for the rubber fuel line off the fuel rail

this is the correct location for the clutch master.......

don't be like me lol

before

after, hey practice makes perfect lol

heres the mitsu METAL slave on the '02 tranny btw non turbo 420a powered eclipse's (95-99) came with the same NVT-350 our cars came with, and all eclipse NVT-350's are hydraulic !!!!

you don't need the fluid dampner for this, junky junk trash it

heres the hardline its bent and is twisted slightly on one end to fit ......

here

heres a pic of the slave mocked up before the install

"Hey it could happen !!"-Guard1an

GUARDIAN's NODLE viewtopic.php?t=59395

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow, NICE work! :D

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:02 pm

interested to see this one come together. looks like you do good work for sure!
304whp and 285 ft lbs.... 15psi.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 pm

heres the location for the clutch interlock wire......

the wires coming off the neutral safety meeting with the wires you need to splice to do 2 things, 1 (green wire, also there is a black wire, just ground it to the chassis) disable the clutch interlock to be able to start the car, and 2( purple and white) have reverse lights

heres the reverse light switch on the transmission

heres the console removed and thebolts that old the atx shifter....

and the studs for the cables

also a word to the wise taking the bolts off the heat shield againt the fire wall makes getting the cables out soooooo much easier

boogers installed at the shifter and trans woot woot

5 spd shifter in

heres my super sexy $9 hitch ball shift knob, lot of work, heated up and hammered on, it will not come off EVER lol

you can....... and i say it as only an absolute necessaty use the stock radiator, but you wanna do this right, buy a new mitsu eclipse rad ('95-99) makes running the rad hoses sooooooooo much easier, you don't want to know the nightmare it was to make shit work :shock:

custom rad brackets out of flat steel

engine in, its a redonkulusly tight fit lol

I don'tknow abot ayone else, but the plate the gas pedl bolts to is spot welded in 2 spots.....

does this mean I am an aggressie driver if i broke those spot welds ?? lolz

shittest spot to weld EVER !!!

btw incase anyone is wondering, PT ATX passenger side axle is what you seek, I will get a part number in a bit

till then 4spd atx neon on top pt atx on bottom....

I was rocking the tiny 49mm stock 420A tb then i decided to upgrade to a nice jeep 52mm 4.0L TB.......

back side

vacuum port jb welded in place

TB cable guides cut in half, since i don't need a spot for a kickdown aka modd'ed again

which i eventually took one of my many jeep 4.0L tb which starts at a 60mm opening and tapers to 52mm (8+ jeep 4.0L tb's I buy in bulk lol) and bored it to 60mm all the way through

and its got the half shaft mod and is still plenty strong, again i reused all the STOCK sensors

to make the jeep 4.0L tb work you have to slot 2 holes and use socket cap screws, plus you have to relocate the idle stop screw

and can be used with the stock eclipse intake

but stock is junk so i searched craigslist and found a 8pc 2.5in intercooler kit with 10 t-bolt clamps for $40, brand new,

so i took some hose

cut it down the middle

wrapped the hole where the stock airbox went with it so it wouldn't rub

had to mod the idle stop bracket aka cut the top off to clear the intake tube when it rotated

with 2 bends and 2 hose connectors and 3 clamps latter BAM

also tried making a oil seperator for my crank case breather i think it was a total success but doesn't work like it should, probably a vacuum leak lol

and installed

shes also cat delete like i said, just used 2 spark plug non foulers welded to the exhaust pipe, btw those were some tight ass custom bends to snake the exhaust tubing around the crossmember pics to come soon, enjoy the tips :)

also you MUST switch from the mitsu crank pulley to the stock SOHC, 2 reasons my god it huge and heavier, plus it uses 5 rib belts, stock neons use 4 rib

mitsu on left neon on right

stock pulley vs udp

yes the stock pulley literally fits over the UDP

well thats all for now, hope the next posts will be fabbing up a turbo log manifold lol, if theres any questions or really detailed instructions/pics of anything i have covered please feel free to ask

oh just a few things,

I am running the DOHC MTX on the stock SOHC ATX computer, plug and play on the camshaft sensors, yes i have a check engine light for a "torque converter lock up selinoid" I don't care lol it DOES NOT affect the car in any way shape form or idea, i still have a 6,800 rev limit :twisted:

btw my 5spd swap was research research research !!!!!

EERYTHING NEEDED (minus pass axle, bought it new)

and the next time some one says you can't put aluminium master and cast slave cylinders on '02+ hydraulic neons tell them there wrong and tell'em to look here for a comparrision :laughing3:

as she sits now, still need 1" wheel spacers to get that hella flush look

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks guys, its defintely been a steep learning curve, but its cake now lol I can take a stock jeep 4.0L TB mod it and bore it in like 1.5 hours vs the 4 hours it took first go. Oh i didn't take pics but shes dropped on a set of Eibach pro springs, my cost at the junk yard $40 for all 4, new MSRP $263.18, all and all i may have $1,400 for everything wheels $250, tires $374, stock srt cat back $30, eclipse engine $500, new rad $140, junk yard tranny w/clutch, shifter pedals, cluster, tranny mount $108 out the door plastic neon master and slave (free) mitsubishi master and slave(free) UDP (free), 6 jeep 4.0L TB's w/ sensors $50, my boneyard loves me, just wish they would get more 2gn's in for me to plunder :) !!!!

Also lilspk been meaning to ask you, would these projectors work for retro fitting after market headlights ?? or even stock ??

can i stick HIDs in them ?? they came out of a 96ish GTI

-Mike

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:29 pm

very interesting
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 pm

congrats on that
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 pm

thanks bro

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 pm

This needs huge cams, a long long header, a standalone, and a decent intake manifold. Get to work. NOW.

Good work man.

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 pm

sure thing Jerry, got about $5K to help me on my way lol, and no long header, weld el turbo manifold, HOLSET....... big boost but I need a spare motor to build with forged internals, and a nice list of expensive parts...... my wife just had our son, and i hear you get around $3K just for having the baby + your tax return ;)

-Mike

sxxxt
2GN Member

Post by sxxxt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:52 pm

WOW.... so much goin on... now this is a progress log... lol
one question did u get ur reverse sensor hooked up and working? if so how exactly did you do that

Guard1an
2GN Member

Post by Guard1an » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 pm

of the 3 wires on the neutral safety switch for the ATX, you hook the green w/ black stripe one up to the clutch interlock switch, the purple and white hook to the purple and white wires on the plug that goes to the sensor on the trans

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 pm

You could certainly use those for retrofitting they're a halogen projector though so don't expect great things from them there are far better ones out there. They also look rather small unless your hand is really that monstrous...in that case they'd probably be better suited for a foglight retro. If you want to PM me better pics I'd be glad to help :)

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:42 pm

this build is awesome
keep up the good work

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Me likey what you doing =P~
Patrick

quicksilvr
Former Moderator