thinking about switching to konis, how are they?

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
millertime
2GN Member

thinking about switching to konis, how are they?

Post by millertime » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:45 pm

So i have mopar s3 coilovers in my car right now but have a friend that wants to buy them for a grand, so i wondering if i sell them and run konis will i be happy?

i dont really have my car lowered that much with the s3's maybe 1.5in at most and i have stock srt springs so i could run the height close to the same, what im worried is that ill loose handleing or ride by switching?

let me know what you think!
-Jesse
95 base sohc 2dr mtx, mag head -blew up
95 base sohc 4dr mtx, beater -sold
95 base sohc 2dr mtx, modded beater -sold
96 sport dohc 4dr atx, show car -sold
98 r/t 2dr -sold
04 r/t - just bought
04 srt, 500+hp fully built -sold

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Awful they like require work and stuff to install. You cant get mad low I mean you can get way lower on BCs and Megans are super cheap yo

^ That was all sarcasm. The yellow Koni sport is by far the best off the shelf shock for these cars. The install is cake if you can work a pipe wrench and drill. Ground control makes a fine sleave and camber plate combo if you want to stay with a coilover. You will want to get them revalved by TrueChoice for the specific spring rates you wish to use. Be sure to have them matched and then leave the knob alone! Get dyno plots for all 4 shocks.

millertime
2GN Member

Post by millertime » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 am

bone-yard-racing wrote:Awful they like require work and stuff to install. You cant get mad low I mean you can get way lower on BCs and Megans are super cheap yo

^ That was all sarcasm. The yellow Koni sport is by far the best off the shelf shock for these cars. The install is cake if you can work a pipe wrench and drill. Ground control makes a fine sleave and camber plate combo if you want to stay with a coilover. You will want to get them revalved by TrueChoice for the specific spring rates you wish to use. Be sure to have them matched and then leave the knob alone! Get dyno plots for all 4 shocks.
ok sweet.

where is the best place price wise to order konis through?

thanks!
-Jesse
95 base sohc 2dr mtx, mag head -blew up
95 base sohc 4dr mtx, beater -sold
95 base sohc 2dr mtx, modded beater -sold
96 sport dohc 4dr atx, show car -sold
98 r/t 2dr -sold
04 r/t - just bought
04 srt, 500+hp fully built -sold

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am

pricing is all pretty close if I wasnt going to bother with revalving I would order from
www.FWDperformance.com
simply because they do a lot for the neon and turbo dodge commnity. If you want to get them revalved to the springs you are going to use I would order through truechoice

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”