Dodge Dart news

Any sort of pictures or videos (no adult content!) that is not related to Neons go here.
r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:14 pm

someone drank a good helping of haterade this morning :rofl:
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:24 pm

04 Mo Neon wrote:You guys are actually liking it? I'm pretty disappointed in you all tbh. I know we all want a neon replacement but just because you want something really bad doesn't mean you have to accept crap. This car is terrible looking and when you compare it to how far the focus has come in looks, performance, and technology dodge is not even in the same ballpark anymore. The scion frs is so far ahead of any sport compact right now its not even an argument for me to make whether or not I will be buying it as my next car. But hey, if you really want to settle for subpar I'm sure dodge will have no problem selling you their next shitty version of the caliber.
:twisted: If you don't like the Dart, go buy a Ford Focus !
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 pm

04 Mo Neon wrote:You guys are actually liking it? I'm pretty disappointed in you all tbh. I know we all want a neon replacement but just because you want something really bad doesn't mean you have to accept crap. This car is terrible looking and when you compare it to how far the focus has come in looks, performance, and technology dodge is not even in the same ballpark anymore. The scion frs is so far ahead of any sport compact right now its not even an argument for me to make whether or not I will be buying it as my next car. But hey, if you really want to settle for subpar I'm sure dodge will have no problem selling you their next shitty version of the caliber.

then you don't need to buy one. obviously you're set in your decision. i encourage you to just go buy your focus or scion if you hate the new dodge so much. seeya bye :thefinger:

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Um, I am not going to buy a focus if you would actually read. But anyway, I was just saying I expect more out of dodge. Somone else suggested that dodge should stop trying to compete with focuses and cavaliers and I agree. They should be on the edge of design not trying to market analyze and failing every time. I'm just going to post this link to what this car reminds me of. I knew it gave me a bad taste for a reason and now I know why.

http://www.allsportauto.com/photoautre4 ... t_13_m.jpg

http://theapeonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... s-Clc1.jpg

Same roof style, rear end is flat and bulky, stance, size, and overall character.

One of the worst looking mercs out there. Welcome to dodge styling post 2008. If anything dodge needs to hire r34neon01 to actually design their cars. He's done the best design work I've seen as of late.

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:14 pm

keep in mind that you drive a neon... not really the cream of the crop when it comes to vehicles

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Hudson_Neon wrote:keep in mind that you drive a neon... not really the cream of the crop when it comes to vehicles
This is a statement ok..

How it relates to the arguement I have 0 idea...

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

04 Mo Neon wrote: I'm just going to post this link to what this car reminds me of. I knew it gave me a bad taste for a reason and now I know why.

http://www.allsportauto.com/photoautre4 ... t_13_m.jpg

http://theapeonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... s-Clc1.jpg

Same roof style, rear end is flat and bulky, stance, size, and overall character.

One of the worst looking mercs out there. Welcome to dodge styling post 2008. If anything dodge needs to hire r34neon01 to actually design their cars. He's done the best design work I've seen as of late.
:) I agree with you about r34neon01, but I happen to like the Mercedes whose pictures you posted ... there's no explanation possible about differences in taste
05 Dodge SRT-4

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Yes. YEEESS!!! SOMONE ELSE HERE GETS IT! WOOOHOOOO! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Ralphie Gilles is stated in saying, "I don't care if it hurts, I want to have control. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul."

Dodge Styling Department fires back, "You're a creep, you're a weirdo. What the hell are you doing here? You don't belong here."

:-({|= We now return to your regularly scheduled fanboyathon.
Last edited by UriahRR on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm

04 Mo Neon wrote:Same roof style, rear end is flat and bulky, stance, size, and overall character.

One of the worst looking mercs out there. Welcome to dodge styling post 2008.
And that is the thing about styling. It won't please everyone. I like the look of that C class myself, and the Dart does nothing to really turn me off style-wise. Many folks feel the same way. But to post that you are disappointed in 2GN because we accept this car is pretty silly.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Danteneon wrote:
04 Mo Neon wrote:Same roof style, rear end is flat and bulky, stance, size, and overall character.

One of the worst looking mercs out there. Welcome to dodge styling post 2008.
And that is the thing about styling. It won't please everyone. I like the look of that C class myself, and the Dart does nothing to really turn me off style-wise. Many folks feel the same way. But to post that you are disappointed in 2GN because we accept this car is pretty silly.

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm

I said that because I feel most of the users to this forum have a decent design preference. To that I would assume most people want something above an beyond our expectations, not just our expectation.

The real reason I am upset is I thought the Caliber was a fluke, and now with this Dart I know its not. I want to buy another Dodge but with this kind of low quality "fizz in my pants" to take a quote from top gear, I don't see myself being "able" to buy a car for quite some time.

The people who will buy this car will be older women who and teenage female drivers who don't care about cars and just think it's "cute".

Now from a car enthuist standpoint how people can see this as acceptable is beyond me when its the primary design goal and not a secondary car. If there was a cool modern sport compact as a branding mechanism (which there should always be) and then this car was filler for that category then sure it's acceptable but still not my personal choice for a business model.

Problem is its not, its "the best" thing they have to offer, really? Billion dollar company with tons of cars on the market to atleast copy from and this is "the best" compact, c class, low budject etc.. car you can produce? That's sad I'm sorry but that's my opinion.

What's even worse is the isn't much to compete with as far as coupe small car out there. Obviously the mustang will always be around, so fing what. The s2000 is gone, chevy doesn't even make a car, the civic has lost alot of interest, and toyota has been the only person who has recognized this. Toy fucking ota. I do feel bad for whatever the black dude who reps dodge name is. Such a massive opportunity for america to actually get interest back into the younger generation and they just won't pull the trigger.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Danteneon wrote:And that is the thing about styling. It won't please everyone. I like the look of that C class myself, and the Dart does nothing to really turn me off style-wise.
Many folks feel the same way. But to post that you are disappointed in 2GN because we accept this car is pretty silly.

:withstupid: :thumbup:
05 Dodge SRT-4

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

What are you basing your ire on? Do you know how the car handles? Have you even sat in one yet?

To proclaim that the car will be for older people or teenaged girls is pretty lame. I see no indication that this car would be more attractive to either of those demographics. What are you basing your opinion on?
04 Mo Neon wrote:What's even worse is the isn't much to compete with as far as coupe small car out there. Obviously the mustang will always be around, so fing what. The s2000 is gone, chevy doesn't even make a car, the civic has lost alot of interest, and toyota has been the only person who has recognized this. Toy fucking ota. I do feel bad for whatever the black dude who reps dodge name is. Such a massive opportunity for america to actually get interest back into the younger generation and they just won't pull the trigger.
I really don't follow you there. You started to make sense, then you fell apart? What Toyota do you mean? Why do you think the Dart wouldn't appeal to the younger generation? Because you don't like it?
Last edited by Danteneon on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

04 Mo Neon wrote:I do feel bad for whatever the black dude who reps dodge name is. Such a massive opportunity for america to actually get interest back into the younger generation and they just won't pull the trigger.
Who Obama? :rofl:

Danteneon wrote:To proclaim that the car will be for older people or teenaged girls is pretty lame. I see no indication that this car would be more attractive to either of those demographics. What are you basing your opinion on?
Look at the car. Question answered itself. :rofl: :rofl:

I love these forums...

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

UriahRR wrote:
Danteneon wrote:To proclaim that the car will be for older people or teenaged girls is pretty lame. I see no indication that this car would be more attractive to either of those demographics. What are you basing your opinion on?
Oh, so like the Neon then. Oh, wait....

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Danteneon wrote:
UriahRR wrote:
Oh, so like the Neon then. Oh, wait....
< Can't wait to sell my Neon club member # 1 (secretly number 1 million)

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 pm

It's just a guess at the demographics from personal observations. Has a similar feel to it as a jetta and I know my friends would destroy me with jokes if I had a jetta.

But for the lulz... but still kinda true..

Red=girl
Compact 4 door with utility=girl
Cheap=dad buying for girl
Low HP=female again
Amenities=girls love them amenities for the makeup's
Small=for them parallel parking girls
Overdone interior=for them fuzzy dice girls
Drag stance=for them short girls who can't see over the steering wheel

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 pm

It all makes sense now. You don't care for it and therefore it cannot and should not appeal to anyone other than teen girls.

How could I be so blind? Thank you for opening my eyes to the truth.

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm not saying you cannot like it. I'm suggesting that it could be better. That's all. sheesh

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm more making a point that your post expressing disappointment in 2GN for liking this car seemed way off base. When asked to justify that post, you then listed generalities about the car that you didn't like, and things that you blamed Dodge for causing them to miss the youth segment. When pushed to provide factual details to support your disappointment in a car that you have not seen first hand, let alone drive, you then create a immature sexist post. My post was simply my reaction to all of that.

I know I can like it. And I like what I see so far. I will reserve my final judgement until after I get some seat time in one.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 pm

It's so hard to debate because everybody always wants facts.

Unfortunately, you can't just look up facts for 'ugly'.
However, you can find facts for 'slow' and 'cheap' :thumbup:

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:51 pm

True. While I can respect "Man, you guys must be on crack, that thing is ugly!" as a difference of taste, but claiming the car is a worthless piece of crap fit only for teen girls that don't drive or park well doesn't sit well with me.

Looking at the numbers, the Dart does appear to be heavy and light in the power department. If the car handled well, that can be fixed with more power (enter SRT). I for one think the interior will be top notch based on what I've seen, but again, it's still speculation on my part.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:54 pm

I just really hope Fiat doesn't let all the true car guys that don't ooh and aah over teen girl cars down this year at the NY auto show when they are debuting a true American super sports car.. again.

Enter, the new SRT Viper. No V8's here, thank god.
Now that ^ I can't wait for.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:58 pm

From what I've seen and heard, Fiat isn't going to mess with the Viper. Leave it to the guys that know what they are doing thankyouverymuch.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:13 pm

UriahRR wrote:I just really hope Fiat doesn't let all the true car guys that don't ooh and aah over teen girl cars down this year at the NY auto show
when they are debuting a true American super sports car.. again.

Enter, the new SRT Viper. No V8's here, thank god.
Now that ^ I can't wait for.
As exciting as the prospects are for an improved Viper, the Dart is more important to me. I can't afford a 1996 Viper, so I'll never own a 2013 model. The Dart should be
affordable for most car buyers, but it remains to be seen, if it'll be truly competitive with other cars in it's price range. The Neon was affordable, and fun to drive starting
back in 1995, but the Caliber was a disappointment and didn't "measure-up" to Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Toyota, etc. etc.
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:04 am

Y'all seem to forget that the Caliber was DaimlerChrysler- that company is dead (thank God). The Dart is Chrysler Group, a company that is just a few years old. And going on about the Dart only appealing to teenage girls- isn't this what naysayers have said about Neons since day one? And what are we driving? :shock: I know that I'm usually not so pointed about what I say on this forum but some of this criticism is really going to extremes. Wait until you see the car in person! Better yet, wait until you can drive one! The fact that Fiat has intervened and transformed a European-designed auto into a domestically-built Dodge is a miracle unto itself. I can't wait for Consumer Reports to finally have to cork their negative interior reviews for Chrysler products. :rofl:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Y'all seem to forget that the Caliber was DaimlerChrysler - that company is dead (thank God). The Dart is Chrysler Group, a company that is just a few years old. ...
:withstupid: We have to hope that the "101 horsepower phone booth" Fiat 500 isn't typical of the new company.
05 Dodge SRT-4

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Y'all seem to forget that the Caliber was DaimlerChrysler- that company is dead (thank God). The Dart is Chrysler Group, a company that is just a few years old. And going on about the Dart only appealing to teenage girls- isn't this what naysayers have said about Neons since day one? And what are we driving? :shock: I know that I'm usually not so pointed about what I say on this forum but some of this criticism is really going to extremes. Wait until you see the car in person! Better yet, wait until you can drive one! The fact that Fiat has intervened and transformed a European-designed auto into a domestically-built Dodge is a miracle unto itself. I can't wait for Consumer Reports to finally have to cork their negative interior reviews for Chrysler products. :rofl:

at least someone has their head in the game, thanks Gramps :)
-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 am

04 Mo Neon

We get it, start a new thread to complain. Actually, I'll make one for you! :thumbup:
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I find it incredible that someone who has never seen, felt or touched a car can know so much about all its specifics... From the way it handles, to the way its assembled, to the way the interior feels... Incredible....

Return to “Off-Topic Media”