Those people who constantly put you in debt..

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
heyybaker
2GN Member

Those people who constantly put you in debt..

Post by heyybaker » Wed May 23, 2012 6:45 pm

I'll make this short and quick but I need to rant. My ex and I have been off and on for 4 years. We've been off for a while nowbut i still hang at his house timetimes, because I'm a big gamer nerd and well.. he's got free WiFi, while my house is on a 5gb limit (we don't have cable). Call me a gold digger, but for things he's put me through he deserves it :rofl:. Anywho, his family is just.. thoae people, that constantly cost me money. My clothes go missing, mostly shirts, ALOT, among other belongings, and today they broke my laptop screen. For the 4th time. I was gone.. an hour. I know that its my fault, for even bringing it here after the 1st time, so no I'm not surprised but still... I mean, I thought I was cumbersome. That, and they never pay to repair it, despite two times I've physically watched them break it. again, yes, my fault, but wow.. it was on a table, not near the edge, come on guys :lol:. I shouldn't laugh, its sad, because now I'm on my cellphone without a laptop, and wont be able to post a lot :/. I am taking this opportunity to order a new laptop, though, because regardless I need one for college.

And, I'm not looking for sympathy, because I know its my fault for choosing to keep it here after all that, but i would feel better if someone else knows people like thia.. a conatant hole in your wallet :lol:. Plus, I wanted to let you all know if you try to reach me and i don't really answer, that's why. I expect to have a new one within 2 weeks I guess. And, sorry for the spelling errors.. I'm on a cellphone and going back to fix mistakes is, well, impossible with this phone. don't get a 3D EVO.
2001 NEON R/T
Project Polish -- INCOMPLETE

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 pm

I will leave this short and sweet...

What a bunch of douchebags. I wouldn't leave any of my stuff over there if that's the case.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

jckevns
2GN Member

Post by jckevns » Wed May 23, 2012 8:46 pm

after reading the title i thought this was going to be a thread about modernperformance :rofl:

Phone Booth Member: 006

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 pm

jckevns wrote:after reading the title i thought this was going to be a thread about modernperformance :rofl:
:lol:

Yeah I think it might be time to learn a lesson and stop making the same mistake(s)...
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 pm

jckevns wrote:after reading the title i thought this was going to be a thread about modernperformance :rofl:
I was thinking snap on.

I wouldn't trust anyone if i was in your shoes.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Wed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Haganracing wrote:I will leave this short and sweet...

What a bunch of douchebags. I wouldn't leave any of my stuff over there if that's the case.
:withstupid:
what assholes, are they purposely braking it?

get your new computer, connect to their network, download as many movies as you can and make them go over their bandwidth limit.. sort of payback? :D

I know here it's about $2/gb over limit haha
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 am

Sounds like it would be better for you to sign up for cable and stay home. :lol:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Thu May 24, 2012 2:23 am

Hehe, well, I can't say too much.. because I chose to still take things there after all that, all for the beauty of unlimited internet :rofl:. But yes, they are douchebags, in many ways. I won't go bashing and tattling much but they do many things which make me question their morals.

Good news is I did order a new laptop. It should be here within a week. And ordered a new digital camera along with it. only because its all financed and I don't have to pay it all at once :lol:. Debt, you taste so good at first, so bitter later..
2001 NEON R/T

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 am

Whatever you do... don't let that Laptop leave your sight over at their place..
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 am

yeahhhhh

i'd say dont go over there any more. if they dint respect your property, they dont respect you. and you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 pm

NEON PARABOLA wrote:and you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
Aha. AHAHAHA. This made my day! Because its true, but I live in a town with a bunch of neon haters </3

Chris I doubt id bring the new one over. But if I DID.. I got a protection plan this time. I specifically made sure it said it.covered screen replacements. I'm set.. for a year (hehe, I'm also cheap)
2001 NEON R/T

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Wow that whole situation sucks. My gf broke her lappy twice due to her wearing out the power cord jack and she fried 2 mobos. I made sure her last 2 had warrenties or atleast robust cords.

I hope you can improve your internet situation. I would hate not to be able to play my COD games. Cable internet ftw.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:21 pm

sorry to hear your ex is such a douche... I hope you can find someone that will take care of you and treat you well like a real man should! there's no way free wi-fi is worth that much BS, i can get free wi-fi at most fast food places or coffee shops these days.
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu May 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, it almost sounds like they are purposely doing shit to get you to stay away, or seeing what your limits are just for kicks.

I would suck it up, and go without the convenient wi fi, and walk away from them.

Staying in close touch with an ex is just a bad idea all around. Especially in the same house. Walk away, and don't look back.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, I really don't enjoy being over there, but generally, if I keep all my stuff together/in my car, and stay in the living room or something, I'm not bothered or talked to at all. But you guys are right, it's not worth the hassle. I'll just have to make downloads in public places.. or find a new boyfriend with wifi, haha. Ohh, no, I'm not that mean. I wish we could get cable at our house, but we live sooooo far back in the boonies, to have cable laid, it would be thousands of dollars..

Whether or not my stuff goes missing on purpose though is debatable.. they're very disorganized people and lose their own stuff a lot, too. And break their own stuff. As for the ex, truly, I feel bad for him. They're a family that pick favorites, and he's last on the list. For what it's worth, he'd be much better off in life if he were able to live with friends or on his own at this point.. I could see major changes for the better if he weren't around all that.. not going to get into details but I truly wish him the best. Maybe, so he can get away, I will invite him over sometimes.
2001 NEON R/T

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Sounds like it would be better for you to sign up for cable and stay home. :lol:
:withstupid: ... shouldn't say it, but you need to ask your self, "Why do I associate with these people ?"
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

Marcel
2GN Member

Post by Marcel » Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

all that crap just for unlimited WiFi? man.. the amount of abuse some people tolerate sometimes downright astonishes me..

Come on, by now you should realize it's cheaper to get cable internet and pay that (fixed!) amount per month instead of picking up the tab of all those damages and missing things....? right? :)
"If god hates masturbation that much, he should give me a girlfriend"
http://www.sevenstepsofdenial.com
https://www.facebook.com/7StepsOfDenial
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it's too expensive to keep driving" Club #000083

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Marcel wrote:all that crap just for unlimited WiFi? man.. the amount of abuse some people tolerate sometimes downright astonishes me..

Come on, by now you should realize it's cheaper to get cable internet and pay that (fixed!) amount per month instead of picking up the tab of all those damages and missing things....? right? :)
When our house was built, no cable was ran back, so we don't have cable at all. Our TV goes through DirectTV satellite. We've gotten estimates to run cable.. and the price to dig alllll the way to the road (we live a while back in the woods) and lay the cable is well into the thousands of dollars... which we simply can't afford. Unless they offered financing, but from what I understand they don't :(

It is silly just for internet BUT, I do go to college, and everything for all my classes is online. I also run a small website layout business, I work with a lot of things online and beyond that, I am into MMORPGs a lot. Sharing a 5gb limit with my mom, who will tell me not to watch videos but turn around and doing it herself, doesn't last long :lol:
2001 NEON R/T

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 pm

wifi is everywhere anymore, book stores,gas stations,schools take your pick
-Sean

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:45 pm

sounds like someone needs to go to homedepot and get a shovel and spool of wire :).

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

alsey_seven
2GN Member

Post by alsey_seven » Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm

i
d like to add my 3 pesos

never really understood this " off and on " thing. If it doesn't work out time to leave and never look back.... Unless your Desmond and Penny. Then its a whole flash sideways thing because you will see each of in another life.

so you know what to do
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000043 For 2000 neon

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000125 For 2001 R/T

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Have you looked into satellite Internet? You'll have to put up another dish but woop de do
Justin

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu May 24, 2012 11:53 pm

My parents just got internet through verizon.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/20 ... 7-03a.html

It can be wi fi, or hard wired for PC's. So far they love it.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Marcel
2GN Member

Post by Marcel » Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 am

heyybaker wrote:
Marcel wrote:all that crap just for unlimited WiFi? man.. the amount of abuse some people tolerate sometimes downright astonishes me..

When our house was built, no cable was ran back, so we don't have cable at all. Our TV goes through DirectTV satellite. We've gotten estimates to run cable.. and the price to dig alllll the way to the road (we live a while back in the woods) and lay the cable is well into the thousands of dollars... which we simply can't afford. Unless they offered financing, but from what I understand they don't :(

It is silly just for internet BUT, I do go to college, and everything for all my classes is online. I also run a small website layout business, I work with a lot of things online and beyond that, I am into MMORPGs a lot. Sharing a 5gb limit with my mom, who will tell me not to watch videos but turn around and doing it herself, doesn't last long :lol:
there's no neighbours who are willing to share costs? that could offer some form of cost reduction :)

Nevertheless, it sucks! good luck finding some sort of solution :)
"If god hates masturbation that much, he should give me a girlfriend"
http://www.sevenstepsofdenial.com
https://www.facebook.com/7StepsOfDenial
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it's too expensive to keep driving" Club #000083

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 pm

r/tguy02: I've been trying to convince her of satellite, but she always researches everything and finds the worst of things.. she says during storms you lose internet and once you get so high in usage in a month, your internet slows down. Which is probably true, we do lose TV service during storms..don't know about the download part.

occasional demons: When I put in my zipcode, says it's not available in my area :/ its like that for just about everything, especially DSL. I mean I know we're rural but jeez..

Marcel: Actually our closest neighbors have cable. They're still about 1/4 mile away but closer than the road. But I think we asked the cable company if, with their permission, we could branch off theirs.. and they told us no for some reason :(. The last cable company we called started avoiding us :rofl: I'm assuming because we're so far out.

But really, we're only 15 miles from Hagerstown. I don't understand..
2001 NEON R/T

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 pm

dude.....find someone on here that lives close by that has wifi and become good friends! lol
-Sean

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:26 pm

my brother in law used it for his business since he lived out in the country, never heard of his limiting or slowing down his service but i guess it depends on the plan you get from the SP.
as for the service interruptions from storms that may be true but its still better than nothing...
Justin

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri May 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Cricket Wireless for $65 a month you get 7.5 GB of bandwidth. Might be something to look into just for you to use.

In all honesty, the money you spend for internet access would be cheaper than replacing everything at your boyfriends, or the cost of gas to somewhere with wifi.

What are you currently using for internet access anyway? Verizon?

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri May 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Currently we go through AT&T. They over "MiFi", 5gb/month for like $35 or something.. my dad works for the government so we got like, a 25% discount on the full price. I don't know if they themselves would go for Cricket but yeah, if I keep 4 days/week at my job (currently unsure of this) I should just get it for myself.

ETA: "We're sorry,
Cricket Broadband is not offered in your area."

FML...
2001 NEON R/T

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:52 pm

apparently you live in a broadband dead zone :lol: sorry
Justin