chew*s built not bought 2000 mtx

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Just some pics.

Debating if I like the wing but crystal said to do it :quotes:

Done.

Much happier with the way the exhaust looks now but now the color is way off to my eyes.

Mint 03 R/T leather wheel.

Shots at various angles to see if I like the wing or not.

I liked this shot for some reason

Factory SRT catback exhaust gets donated to the cranberry DD next week as I picked up a borla in good shape for this car and I am going deaf driving the DD with the R/T mid section.......

It's really amazing how much the srt midsection is that much quieter/mellow on this silver car compared to my DD with R/T midsection.
If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.
But don't street race..!!??

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:29 am

Yay or nay on these rims for the peon?

16x7 40 mm offset drag

205/50/16

If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.

BlackRT?
2GN Member

Post by BlackRT? » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am

off set blows... what are you looking to spend on rims.. I have a set of stance mindset 16x8 25et silver with polished lip the lip is huge on them.
aspturbo.com
98 r/t 1gen 2.4l crane 22s batmowheel 366
e85 because racecar

2000 srt4 35r crane 18s aem ems daily driver

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 am

Originally planned on NIB rota slips royal gun metallic planted on 205/50/15 kumho ectsa's which I can grab for $59 each.

I suck at rim shopping though.

I really need to see them on a car/neon to know if I like them.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Borla exhaust is on, picked up a few other odds and ends.

Got some mint Srt pedal covers since a couple of the knobs were worn off on my swap car, little things like that bother me.

Cleaned out garage today so I can store her for winter.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Fooling around with some pictures......took a sound clip of the borla installed also.

Sound clip camera sound quality blows though. Need to charge up my JVC 1080P 40G HD camcorder one of thse days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9UT17cy7I

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

New toy.

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

RB1 FTW!!!

they are nice, and I enjoyed having my RB4 but, no MP3 no WMA, Bluetooth only through Uconnect interface, and you have to have the 6 disc changer if you want to listen to your CDs while using navigation.

But,....man do they look hawt in our cars! Good find Chew :thumbup:
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 pm

D-Railed_Neon wrote:RB1 FTW!!!

they are nice, and I enjoyed having my RB4 but, no MP3 no WMA, Bluetooth only through Uconnect interface, and you have to have the 6 disc changer if you want to listen to your CDs while using navigation.

But,....man do they look hawt in our cars! Good find Chew :thumbup:
There are ways to have your cake and eat it to ;)

Oem integration has come a long way.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 pm

D-Railed_Neon wrote:and you have to have the 6 disc changer if you want to listen to your CDs while using navigation.
What is CDs? :lol: With an aux interface, MP3s can be played while naving. No problem there.

Nice score on the RB1 :thumbup:
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Danteneon wrote:
D-Railed_Neon wrote:and you have to have the 6 disc changer if you want to listen to your CDs while using navigation.
What is CDs? :lol: With an aux interface, MP3s can be played while naving. No problem there.

Nice score on the RB1 :thumbup:
Thx, traded an indy intake for it. I think we were both thrilled with the trade :).

Next on list is some BBS :thumbup:

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 am

I tried the aux integration with a cheap unit and it sucked pretty bad so I gave up after the first attempt. But,...they are awesome and super rare so, good find man :thumbup:

also, I traded the RB4 for a mag intake and cash. Ironic me thinks. :rofl:
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Small update

RB1 installed.

Vent visors installed. I like this style, no 3m tape required and they don't stick out as much which looks like shit IMO. :)

Newish floor mats no holes or wear just need a shampooing.

Few pics, had to move her from storage for a day to work on a volvo.

Oddly enough the daily driver looks lower than Candy.......No clue how thats possible....

Candy is on Eibach sports, KYB GR2 struts.

DD is on tokico struts/springs package which IIRC is 1.4" drop.....

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Nothing special really, was working on other cars K frame pulled out the clean K frame I had put aside for the SRT swap and swapped all SRT parts over to it.

Any progress better than none I guess.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm

BBS finally aquired.

Sold turbo swap.

More important shit then boost right now but I still did the swap.

Just not into my car.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:57 am

Kinda at a crossroads right now. Not sure what path I want to take with this car anymore. For now im going to put the final touches on it to make it complete Mount the bbs's, repair the track in sunroof, locate another cluster since the srt swap got mine along with a few other parts that were borrowed from it.

Ive been thinking of just na 2.4 swapping it for a little more oomph but really not sure just yet.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Time to clean the dust off this project literally and get some stuff done.

All motor fully built single jingle going in pending a possible overhaul.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Hunting for gremlins I found a few. Looks like a spring snapped at some point in time and bounced the retainer around engine. That or a dog chewed it. Coincidentally an intake lobe has a groove on same cylinder.

Next up verify pistons are wiseco as advertised. I can see domes through spark plug holes. Ill use the inspection camera/probe in a day or two to verify cylinder condition and pistons and pull oil pan to verify rods.

On a side note those look like magnum springs not cranes as I was told however I was told he bought a complete head so he got duped probably.

Looks like im ordering crane springs and retainers and 2 intake rockers to be reliable....

Return to “Progress/Project Log”