Blueneo03: 05 sxt: Sold; looking for replacement

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
blueneo03
2GN Member

Blueneo03: 05 sxt: Sold; looking for replacement

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Here is my log.. just did a picture post but i wanted to do a log as well...
Background
2005 Dodge neon SXT 5 speed
E-Blue
power windows/locks/mirrors
112k miles
Zeibart undercoating throughout the entire undercarriage done by a previous owner
onto the pics!

and the mods ive done so far....

Trunk carpet..

AND... a Compass/temp Mirror!!!!!

so once the temp warms up im gonna do some mods...here is my list for mods to do soon
boogers (done)
injector cover (Done)
stereo installed( Done )
pt shift boot (Done)
Pt shifter maybe cut down... idk(Mopar Srt STS)
Mpx shift knob(Done)
Debadged(done)
remove side moldings(done)
rear sway bar
windows tinted
tien stech's(Bought Waiting on tokicos)
tokicos
lip kit and skirts(skirts Bought)
mpx projectors and hids(projectors bought)

Thats all for now ready to mod now tho!
Last edited by blueneo03 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am, edited 21 times in total.

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Very nice eBlue. Love the mod plans! I want your mirror! NEver seen one in a neon before, thats cool!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

RobsProjectSOHC
2012 Gold Contributor

Post by RobsProjectSOHC » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

i get jealous when i see blue neon (thats standard) that has fog lights and power options. Looked for months for one to pop up, nothing.

Body looks very very clean, cant wait to see the mod list done.
Project 003. Just building a Daily Driver with some upgrades.
For Sale Thread | CarDomain | FeedBack
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies Club" Member #119

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:42 pm

MyneonsaysHi: thanks and i know im still partially in disbelief that i stumbled upon that in the junk yard....

Robs: ya i've been lookin for months... i havent had a car for like 6months and ive been lookin almost the whole time hoping for this exact one...and i got lucky.. lol

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 am

Been doin some surfin on ebay and stumbled upon a mopar short shifter for a pretty good price so i bought it cuz it comes with the boot and ball as well.... now i just have to wait for it to come in!

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:04 pm

So i got the mopar short shifter in today and installed it... i must say i love it it doesnt shorten the front to back much but the side to side feels much nicer. as well as the Srt knob added to it it feels much better than the stock and even my old pool ball shifter i like it small it fits nicely in my hand. so definitely a good investment! Here it is!

I also added an injector cover to the engine.. needs cleaned.

And also if anyone can help me as to how the knob comes off that would be nice cuz its on there good....

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Firmly grasp it and give it lots of tugs haha. Really, they either epoxied it or it just fits well. Mine is snug but with a few minutes of slight twisting and pulling it'll come off.
el. oh. el.

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am

so been doin some small upgrades recently.....

Got an mpx polished shift knob

White Led Cluster that looks a light blue waiting on the leds for the HVAC:its a daytime pic cuz the nightime keeps looking green.....

and finally another junk yard find.... a 5$ front STB. and you can also see the tucked throttle cable. somehting i never got to on my old one..

Plus a rear STB is on the way in the mail which is the one i wanted i just happened upon this one and couldnt pass it up.. also debadged it but it still has some residue and im waiting for it to get a little warmer to finish that and get the side moldings... then ill get pics

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:39 pm

alright another little update of whats been happening this week...

another pic of the gauges in the dark still looks like its green kinda tho...

The new Rear STB

New grille inserts wrapped in Di-noc.. really like the look of these and i hate the chrome...

and also my ebay 5 dollar antenna haha it gets terrible reception... i wouldnt suggest it... but it looks good

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Im diggin the Di-Noc on the grill inserts dude
-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 pm

I took my front strut bar off... Snaps the friggin washer nozzles... I don't ever use it, but it's just annoying.

Car looks good so far, man! Definitely love the comp/temp mirror. I snagged a compass mirror off a '98 Park Ave in the JY... Couldn't find anything better.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 pm

parabola: thanks i had my ones on my old neon painted black but they chipped all the time so i thought i would try this and for 10$ not bad at all... may clear coat them to help prolong the life...

2005.Neon.SXT: ya my nozzles arent spraying anyways so for now it will do i kinda want the mopar one but its expensive... oh well. but ya i love the compas temp mirror well worth the 2 dollars i paid.. and it was plug and play so i was happy.

I also started removing the side molding and it has some bubbles and hazing underneath it but i think im just gonna say fuck it and take them off anyways because i think the moldings look funny on the car..

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:55 pm

so a decent update today, ive been buying lots of things on ebay and in the junk yards and been installing it so here is what i have been up to for the past few weeks.

Glove box light

Glove box lock

LED trunk lighting its about 25 inches long and lights up really nicely
Image picture is blurry as all get up

SRT-4 Steering wheel for a sweet deal. you can also see the cruise control im getting the parts gathered for.

cubby light that i put a smd white led in kinda lights up blue its nice.

Bright white smd led bub left over from my cluster does the job but i might get something like i had on my old one... it was much brighter...

the HVAC upgraded to LEDS to make the color the same as the cluster and cubby

i also got the Grocery bag hooks! they are smaller than i thought but they do the job and they are very convenient.

and my latest project. headliner with grab handles that im recovering in black fabric and painting the handles.

so all just cosmetic stuff but i like it all and the little things are nice.. ive decided that my goal is to have as many of the factory options on the car that i can get a hold of...

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

just finished putting in the rest ogre the components for the cruise control and i must say it was a real easy thing to do and makes the long drives easier so i am very happy about that

also picked up another tb to half shaft and ill hopefully get that done later today

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Love the headliner
2000 Plymouth Neon ACR/T hybrid 3 speed auto•now a 5 speed•

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 am

thanks man it was recovered black and im slowly painting the rest of the pieces around it black and hopefully will be able to install it soon.

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

ejclide
2GN Member

Post by ejclide » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 pm

lookin good, can I ask what you did for the trunk lighting?
-Eric
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Promise Breaker
occasional demons wrote:"Official Support Vehicle" Just sayin'

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

thanks but i went to autozone and got the smd led strip in white and it had a double stick backing and i just spliced it into the existing trunk light socket.. it was like 24 inches maybe split into 2 strips so two 12" sections

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Side moldings removed fully and trunk shaved new pics up for it!!

Damn i need to lower it soo bad.....

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 am

Very nice man! Looking good. Get yourself some color-matched side mirrors (the folding ones). Certifit has them for cheap, which is where I got mine.

You getting bushings for the shifter? Cradle, and link bushings.

I might have to go the route you did for the trunk lighting... I wanted to do something with Oznium, but I'm sure the Autozone lights were cheaper and do the job just as good.

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks man but ya ive been thinkning about that certifit has the pre painted??

but ya i have boogers and im working on a set of cradle bushings in the manufacturing lab at my school.

but ya the lights were really easy and a little cheaper than the ones from vamp even though his are plug and play which i did want i didnt want to wait..

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 am

car looks super clean, ill admit im kinda jealous

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

:thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Nah they don't come pre painted, I wish. I had a guy hook me up a few years ago (he did my lip kit, and he did the side mirrors for free).

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:50 pm

ya that would be something ill get done eventually but i def want to i like the folding mirrors.

Small update- Got the headliner covered in black and installed as well as the handles painted and the pillars covered in black fabric and put back in. so now its all nice and dark in there.

Scored a black leather arm rest from the jy the other day that cleaned up nicely other than a crack in the leather. im contemplating going back and grabbing the door inserts that are leather and wood grain and painting the woodgrain to match the center bezel in the E-Blue. Thoughts??

I put on my old wheels from my first neon as they still had great tires on the rims.

Finally i ordered a set of tein s tech springs from srtforums that should be mounted some time relatively soon. now i just need new rear struts and a rear sway bar.

Pics to follor

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Alright its been a bit so here are the pics i promised like a month ago. Also i discovered that my car has some sort of undercoating that was installed on it! sweet extras that you get lol should help in the winter months

Dirty Pic with the rims on. sorry its so blurry

Leather Armrest. Has a slight crack in it but its still much better than the shitty stock one...

Srt pedals on Gas pedal with zip-ties but it works

Engine bay with new 02 fuel rail with the valve and my old injector cover.

Tein s-tech lowering springs waiting to go on for some new struts

Leftover gunk from the SXT emblem any ideas to get it off.. ive tried goof off and other things like it as well as clay bar and nothing works....

And a sweet garage sale find for 15 bucks.. full dremel kit worth 100+

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:17 pm

So another quick update..

Today i got lucky and found a set of halo projectors at the junk yard today!! i got them pretty chap however one of the mounting tabs was broken...

Anyways i love them and they were 65 $ as opposed to the 120 on ebay....

Just right timing tho as my original headlights are pretty trashed and oxidized.....

Also i just finished wiring in one touch down windows on her and wrote up a how to as well

viewtopic.php?t=66626&highlight=

I love it! it works pretty well too and tucks away into the door all for about 15 bucks!

thats all for now

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:11 pm

So I washed the car today and went and shot off a few pics as i was thinking it looked pretty shiny haha.. anyways here they are

And i finally got around to taking it in to a body shop to see what they could do about the sticker residue from the SXT emblem and they used paint thinner, let it dry on there and took it off! pretty cleanly too.

I'm Really starting to contemplate switching over to my lowering springs before i can afford to get some tokicos as I dont like the 4X4 status that im at right now...

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Ohhh, shiny... :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 am

Your car looks very nice, shiny indeed :thumbup:

Return to “Progress/Project Log”