taking cruise control out of one 05 sxt for another 05 sxt?

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Malarky
n00b

taking cruise control out of one 05 sxt for another 05 sxt?

Post by Malarky » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Continuing from here- viewtopic.php?t=65135

Short version- My 05 SXT automatic with cruise control was totaled. I purchased another 05 SXT automatic that didn't come with cc.

How difficult would it be to remove the cc from the wrecked car (engine and compartment and driver area not damaged) and put it in the non cc sxt? Is there an issue of computer capability / compatibility, reprogramming?

Best regards.

Jenni
2GN Member

Post by Jenni » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 pm

easy. take the steering clockspring,the wiring harness, the vacuum pump and the vacuum canister plus vac lines.

easy.

there is a how-to from Gnuserup where you can see the needed parts.

no reprogramming needed.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 am

Every Neon 03+ I have worked on already has the full harness in the car, just capped off with rubber caps. All I needed was the vacuum pump, canister, stalk on the steering wheel and clockspring. Takes like 20 minutes to install / uninstall and t works perfect.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 am

"Cruise Servo" would be a better term for "vacuum pump(?)"

But I can relate to Carsten having to translate, even tho he does better english than a lot of us. :lol:

Your engine is the vacuum pump. :D

The vacuum canister isn't really a necessity, but if the donor car has everything, may as well use it.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

gcretro
2GN Member

Post by gcretro » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Canada wrote:Every Neon 03+ I have worked on already has the full harness in the car, just capped off with rubber caps. All I needed was the vacuum pump, canister, stalk on the steering wheel and clockspring. Takes like 20 minutes to install / uninstall and t works perfect.
I am curious to see if my 04 neon se is pre-wired. What exactly should I look for? thx

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Passenger side, follow the "frame rail" from the side mount towards the firewall and down to where it meets the firewall. There will be a plug capped with a rubber plug ziptied to the harness there.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 pm

The flat connector behind the knee panel below the steering column should also have 5 wires in it. two for the air bag, two for Speed Control, and one for the horn.

In my '01, it was missing one wire for the speed control, from the engine bay/cabin connector to the column. I had to use a spare slide form another column connector, and splice into the wire above the kick panel. (Large multi connector)

All else was there, no other wiring needed. :tardbang:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:14 pm

I wonder if once they changed the harness for 03+ cars they just said F it, and put them all in?

Jenni
2GN Member

Post by Jenni » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:09 am

occasional demons wrote:"Cruise Servo" would be a better term for "vacuum pump(?)"

But I can relate to Carsten having to translate, even tho he does better english than a lot of us. :lol:

Your engine is the vacuum pump. :D

The vacuum canister isn't really a necessity, but if the donor car has everything, may as well use it.

Thank you!

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 am

OP: find the Mopar cruise control addon PN, then search for the PDF, there are instructions on how to do it, what PCM wires to tap into etc. I have it somewhere, but its been a couple computers ago....
Canada wrote:I wonder if once they changed the harness for 03+ cars they just said F it, and put them all in?
not in 03 at least. my did not have it or at so I can say maybe not all 03's for sure.

tro
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:22 am

trojmn wrote:OP: find the Mopar cruise control addon PN, then search for the PDF, there are instructions on how to do it, what PCM wires to tap into etc. I have it somewhere, but its been a couple computers ago....
Canada wrote:I wonder if once they changed the harness for 03+ cars they just said F it, and put them all in?
not in 03 at least. my did not have it or at so I can say maybe not all 03's for sure.

tro
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82208100AB.pdf

Malarky
n00b

Post by Malarky » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Thank you all very much!

Yes, I think I am going to pass on buying back the wreck as I don't have a place to park it, the cost of transporting it and if I did have a place to park it what would I do with it after I get the parts I wanted from it. I think it would be a better idea to source the parts either online (as mentioned on here) or from a JY.

Thank you again.

Next- keyless. Which I suppose belongs in another forum.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm

trojmn wrote:OP: find the Mopar cruise control addon PN, then search for the PDF, there are instructions on how to do it, what PCM wires to tap into etc. I have it somewhere, but its been a couple computers ago....

tro
Strange. I've found 6 2003's so far that have it.

Return to “Engine”