The time has come...

Any sort of pictures or videos (no adult content!) that is not related to Neons go here.
Kelevra
2GN Member

The time has come...

Post by Kelevra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:28 am

Well, You know when opportunity knocks you'd be a moron to not jump at the chance.. Well, it came knocking in the form of a new vehicle.

6 months ago, after my dad had a heart attack and a stint put in. He no longer could work and decided he no longer wanted or needed his car and gave me the option to trade in his car for a new one because the neon was aging and he wanted to see me in a newer, more 'reliable', car. One that was more suited for me and preferably one that had a warranty and would be 'carefree' for even a few years.

After looking around, getting dicked around by a few dealers on potential cars I decided to give the dart a look. I love the car but I didn't like the feeling about getting into a car I wasn't quite satisfied with. Don't get me wrong, It's a nice car but for a guy my size it was... a little cramped... Not to mention it is the first model year and, well, I wanted to see more out of it than what it is in its current state.. So, I abandoned the idea of the dart, at least for now, and even gave up on the idea of a new car.

Then, after moving into and apartment with my 'best friend' and his fiance.. I couldn't afford rent AND a new car payment and abandoned all hope. but, now that my dad came to me for help and not able to dismiss it, I am moving back in with my dad.. at the same time a chance browsing of my local dealership turned up a gem... it IMMEDIATELY caught my eye and I thought it over and over and over. I couldn't get my mind off of it and I had to look into it. I talked it over with my father and discussed the pros and cons of getting the vehicle and little could be said in the way of cons.. so off we went to the dealer, I drove it, and it was like a dream. it felt right, the timing was right.. it just all fit..

24 hours later.. We pulled the trigger on it and walked, or rather, drove away with this:

TL:DR: I bought a truck and I don't regret it.

it's a 2012 Ram 1500 Express with a 5.7L hemi. 3.92 Anti-spin rear diff. LOADED with bluetooth, voice command, power everything, tow package with aux trans and engine coolers. 4 wheel disk brakes with ABS and traction/stability control.

Needless to say... I will be giving up the neon. We had a great run.. but it's time to let her go

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:17 am

Nice truck! And it's white! I love white cars!
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 am

congrats, so you're selling the neon yourself?
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

Kelevra
2GN Member

Post by Kelevra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 am

r/tguy02 wrote:congrats, so you're selling the neon yourself?
correct

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

Glad that you got another Mopar but sad to read that you are letting the Neon go.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

I loved my ram when I had it. New MDS you ought to not get terrible gas mileage. Stay up on the transmission service and you'll never have an issue.

Do a big burnout and take a picture.

Kelevra
2GN Member

Post by Kelevra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Glad that you got another Mopar but sad to read that you are letting the Neon go.
All good things must come to an end. I loved and still do love my neon, but I feel like I've outgrown her and have no desire to keep the car. it's time to let it go and have someone else enjoy the neon, perhaps as much as I did.
INVUJerry wrote:I loved my ram when I had it. New MDS you ought to not get terrible gas mileage. Stay up on the transmission service and you'll never have an issue.

Do a big burnout and take a picture.
I bought a 5 year maintenance plan when I bought the truck. next 5 years or 65,000 miles all scheduled maintenance is taken care of. Oil changes, alignment, tire rotation, coolant and transmission and rear diff flushes to air/cabin/fuel filters to even my wiper blades. So I think I won't have too much trouble keeping up with the beast.

And as for the burnout... I'll think about it. :lol:

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Wow thats awesome man! When my dad was looking at a new truck in 2011 he couldn't get the LSD in the 1500 but it was standard in the 2500. He loves that thing. I hope you enjoy it too!
I am feeling the same way about my neon. Its ageing, lots of things are rusting and the miles are getting high but I am not ready to pull the trigger yet.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 am

Sick truck man, congrats! Love the motor and options it has. :) New vehicles are nice, but car payments are not. Having the feeling of not worrying about it mechanically is nice though with warranties and such.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

ducktapetg
2GN Member

Post by ducktapetg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 pm

I love the looks of the new dodge trucks.

Nice pickup (no pun intended) :rockon:

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm

The truck is nice, it's gonna be very useful... only advice I'd give you is to hold off on selling the Neon if you can for at least six months. Gives you enough time to see if you can be comfortable with the very different change in gas expenditures. No matter how good that truck is for a truck, it'll never get the MPG's the Neon does.

Unless you have no room for it, keep it until you're sure you like putting more $$$ into the truck on a weekly basis. Nobody would fault ya for keeping the Neon as a frequent DD, and if you get the desire to do so you always have the truck on a moment's notice.

Just a thought.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:07 pm

:withstupid:
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

rOniN
2GN Member

Post by rOniN » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:53 am

Great choice! I love my power wagon. That thing is a tank. Will go anywhere and tow anything. Dodge/Ram has done a great job at updating their platform inside and out.

You have a great looking truck! I've always had a soft spot for white. Plus your truck should touch 20+ mpg on the highway.
-Chad
2009 Dodge Viper VOI #66
2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon - Sold
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - Sold
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 -Sold
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Sold
1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Return to “Off-Topic Media”