one touch lane changer signal

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
Post Reply
red2k2rt
2GN Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

one touch lane changer signal

Post by red2k2rt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

has anyone ever considered putting one of these in your car? i've been looking at a ready built one and a custom one and i'm trying to figure out how to wire it up since our flasher is built into the multifunction switch.

http://e31wiki.org/wiki/One-touch_turn_signal_module

http://www.kahtec.com/lane_changer.htm

User avatar
Arro
2GN Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Temecula, California (951)

Post by Arro » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Are you serious? The way I see it, if someone is to damn lazy to turn on their turn signals, then they should get a ticket. I mean come on, how hard it is?

Not using turn signals has never been about how hard it is, or how much of an "inconvenience". It's about manners vs. rudeness. If you're doing something that prevents you from using your turn signal, you have no damn business driving until you can focus on the steering wheel. This includes you idiots that talk on the cellphone and cut people off on the road. I see it. You have your right hand busy holding the thing to your ear, and that takes a little bit of coordination. You also are less inclined to turn your head to the right or left to see your blind spots. And your left hand is on the wheel so you won't use the TURN SIGNAL.

So, you fail to see me in your blind spot, cut me off sharply with your one-handed wheel grip, and fail to even warn me with a signal, because you're busy listening to your best friend tell you your wife was having dinner with another man, or because you're trying to explain how to program a sprinkler system to your uncle.

I mean come on. Use your fawking signal. Or accept you're lazy and a bit of an asshole when you don't and you're in even a moderately occupied traffic condition. I don't signal on the open road where there's nobody for miles. I do when I'm in the city or suburbia. It's common sense.

And this product is just plain stupid. You already have a switch to "keep it held down". It's called pressing the normal switch a bit further so it sticks until you can undo it again.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Image
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

red2k2rt
2GN Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by red2k2rt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:58 pm

yes i am serious. its called a ONE TOUCH LANE CHANGE SIGNAL not a lets not use our turn signals and change lanes while chatting with mommy on the phone about your bad grades in high school. you really must explain to me how quickly pressing the turn signal down once without having to make sure it clicks and having it flash 3-6 times to indicate you are changing lanes makes you a shitty driver??? a shitty driver does not use a turn signal, weaves through traffic without using signals, does not check his mirrors or turn his head to make sure no one is in the lane next to him when changing lanes, or sits there chatting away on their cell phone holding up traffic in the passing lane. so please explain to me with your apparent infinite knowledge of shitty driving how does this in any way shape or form indicate you are not using turn signals? are you that seriously that dense? with your logic all the new car manufacturers that have been putting this feature on almost all the new cars made since 2007 are promoting laziness and promoting people to not use their turn signals. i should also mention this is also for those idiots that forget to turn off their turn signals and leave them on for miles. aka old people, teenagers, shitty drivers, etc..

r/tguy02
2GN Member
Posts: 3644
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: carlisle, pa.

Post by r/tguy02 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

first time i used a new ford truck equipped with this i thought the damn thing was broken :lol: went to turn and the lever wouldnt stay in position :slap: figured out it stayed on anyway till i finished the turn...
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

red2k2rt
2GN Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by red2k2rt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:first time i used a new ford truck equipped with this i thought the damn thing was broken :lol: went to turn and the lever wouldnt stay in position :slap: figured out it stayed on anyway till i finished the turn...
the blinker on my fiancee's jetta still locks down in position when used normally but for quick lane changes its an amazing feature to have.

blueneo03
2GN Member
Posts: 1166
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Post by blueneo03 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:44 pm

whats the point??? it turns its self off?? is it that much of an inconvenience when you are changing lanes to move 2 inches to turn the blinker off?? im not saying if it wouldnt be terrible factory but i see absolutely no point in taking the time to add this aftermarket....

not worth it imho
Image

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t


"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by stdlystdmufn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 pm

you don't even have to make sure the mfs clicks when you change lanes. just push it down to the point right before it clicks. the blinkers will blink and when you release the mfs it stops blinking
Image
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

red2k2rt
2GN Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by red2k2rt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

blueneo03 wrote:whats the point??? it turns its self off?? is it that much of an inconvenience when you are changing lanes to move 2 inches to turn the blinker off?? im not saying if it wouldnt be terrible factory but i see absolutely no point in taking the time to add this aftermarket....

not worth it imho
no it does not auto turn off the switch. you quickly push it down to just before it clicks down and then release and it blinks 3-6 times depending on what you set the device to. when you are driving in rush hour traffic yes it can be an inconvenience because 9 time out of 10 you have to keep changing lanes and shifting to get around idiots that clog up the passing lanes. and in those few seconds to push down the blinker the blinker has already blinked more times than you need it to in order to safely lane change. look if you dont believe me then go drive a car with that as factory. you'll never want to drive without it. half the time i forget i dont have it after i've been driving my fiancees car for a day or two.
stdlystdmufn wrote:you don't even have to make sure the mfs clicks when you change lanes. just push it down to the point right before it clicks. the blinkers will blink and when you release the mfs it stops blinking
like i said go drive a car with that feature. when you release the mfs normally it stops blinking, with the lane changer blinkers it keeps blinking 3-6 more times. look i'm not trying to convince anyone to buy this thing. i was merely asking if anyone had seen or tried it.

User avatar
Arro
2GN Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Temecula, California (951)

Post by Arro » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Nah I stand by what I said. It's laziness. And sometimes 3-6 blinks isn't enough. Someone paying attention will just hold it down for a bit, or will just click it all the way on and remember to turn it off again.

If it came that way like that Ford truck r/tguy02 was talking about, maybe. But to go to the trouble and expense of adding it is just asinine and the kind of person who would do so probably doesn't really signal anyways, so over time they'll not use it either way. Don't say "yes I would" because 1. I'm not talking about you personally, and 2. What you say and what you would do in a year's time isn't necessarily the same thing.

I stand by what I said earlier. The product is absurd. Use your turn signal like a responsible driver. It's not like you're weight lifting it into position.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Image
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by stdlystdmufn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm

red2k2rt wrote:
stdlystdmufn wrote:you don't even have to make sure the mfs clicks when you change lanes. just push it down to the point right before it clicks. the blinkers will blink and when you release the mfs it stops blinking
like i said go drive a car with that feature. when you release the mfs normally it stops blinking, with the lane changer blinkers it keeps blinking 3-6 more times. look i'm not trying to convince anyone to buy this thing. i was merely asking if anyone had seen or tried it.
yea the new wranglers have them and it makes me mad. everytime i accidentally hit the mfs or do my quick hold lane change method it still clicks. and that click for some reason pisses me off especially when i can't shut it off. because its not 3 or 4 times it goes like 10 to 15 times
Image
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

User avatar
RobsProjectSOHC
2012 Gold Contributor
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 am
Location: NY

Post by RobsProjectSOHC » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:21 pm

i didnt bother reading the comments, no offence, just seemed like the worst idea ive ever read. all i can say...good day.
Project 003. Just building a Daily Driver with some upgrades.
For Sale Thread | CarDomain | FeedBack
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies Club" Member #119

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor
Posts: 8111
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

I had to drive a Chevy HHR for work tonight (the Jeep was bad and had to go into the shop) and it has this kind of turn signal. Makes it bad if you're going to merge back into the outside lane after passing and suddenly see someone passing you on the right :cussing: ... the signal keeps flashing a few times even though you aren't following through with the manouver. Not trying to be a jerk but this is a drawback IMO.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin
Posts: 19494
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Ashland Ohio

Post by occasional demons » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 am

The car controlling the turn signal duration is just another thing that would piss me the F*ck Off. And another reason to keep my simple as possible/takes some brains car going that much longer.

I'll lump it in with the wipers that start wiping before the washer fluid hits the windshield. and then don't stop for 5 swipes after you want them to. Just more dumbing of the drivers on the road. Because we obviously can't use the washer fluid and the windshield wipers at the same time on our own. It is far better to smear the crap across the windshield than get some solvent on there, before the wipers move.



But if it makes you happy, then by all means do it for yourself. Like any other mod, there are people that will hate on it, and others that won't. If we only did things that are strictly necessary, there wouldn't be any car enthusiasts.

In this case, it is your choice, not something that is crammed down your throat, that you have to finance. And they wonder why new car sales are beginning to slump a little.

Hmmmm, maybe cut some of this mindless BS out, make a stripped down version that costs less than 10 years pay, and maybe you might sell some cars like the old days....

/rant.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

racer12306
Junior Admin
Posts: 16015
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:53 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Post by racer12306 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:17 pm

It really is a nice feature. Pretty much every rental I drive has it, our van has it and my Impala has it.

I believe bumping it again cancels it.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

red2k2rt
2GN Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by red2k2rt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:13 am

occasional demons wrote:The car controlling the turn signal duration is just another thing that would piss me the F*ck Off. And another reason to keep my simple as possible/takes some brains car going that much longer.

I'll lump it in with the wipers that start wiping before the washer fluid hits the windshield. and then don't stop for 5 swipes after you want them to. Just more dumbing of the drivers on the road. Because we obviously can't use the washer fluid and the windshield wipers at the same time on our own. It is far better to smear the crap across the windshield than get some solvent on there, before the wipers move.



But if it makes you happy, then by all means do it for yourself. Like any other mod, there are people that will hate on it, and others that won't. If we only did things that are strictly necessary, there wouldn't be any car enthusiasts.

In this case, it is your choice, not something that is crammed down your throat, that you have to finance. And they wonder why new car sales are beginning to slump a little.

Hmmmm, maybe cut some of this mindless BS out, make a stripped down version that costs less than 10 years pay, and maybe you might sell some cars like the old days....

/rant.
this is why i give you a lot of respect occasional as compared to some of the other people posting on this thread, you come at this with a middle of the road perspective rather than assuming this means someone wont use their turn signals or whatever nonsense that was typed. the piece i was looking at was only 30 bucks. thats a little more expensive than a 30 pack of beer. the issue i was running into was figuring out how to wire it in since our turn signal, hazard, flasher is all combined into one switch. personally i absolutely love the feature on the newer cars because i can tap the turn signal and get right back to whats on the road ahead of me. i dont normally drive with 2 hands mainly because i mostly drive in rush hour traffic and or on the local streets and due to that i find myself having to constantly shift so only having to put my hand down once to hit the turn signal just seems more convenient to me.

Post Reply

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”