a bunch of retarded owners

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
alsey_seven
2GN Member

a bunch of retarded owners

Post by alsey_seven » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 pm

so for awhile i've been on srt forums overall. ok i dont post much just go there for info. but

but

able to meet some local srt-4 owners because of the site. we talk and meetup at the local track ( lol ) I can finally say after last night event i can say wow these guys are a bunch of stuck up ass holes. I know why srt4 owners are called pricks asshole and have a stick up there as. self centered.

Its all about eww srt4 this and that etc etc. they think there car is god gift to the elite. we talked and i keep telling them its just a neon they go all ape shit. I tell them ya a Got an R/T, and look at me saying a cheap car. I told them that they don't respect the neon srt-4 because they never owned a stock model or r/t. Which i have

my wife was there we stayed only 1 hour 59 minutes longer then i should have.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000043 For 2000 neon

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000125 For 2001 R/T

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: a bunch of retarded owners

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:42 am

alsey_seven wrote:I told them that they don't respect the neon srt-4 because they never owned a stock model or r/t. Which i have
That's a good point. I had three non-SRT Neons before my Neon SRT so I agree with you completely.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:36 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
alsey_seven wrote:I told them that they don't respect the neon srt-4 because they never owned a stock model or r/t. Which i have
That's a good point. I had three non-SRT Neons before my Neon SRT so I agree with you completely.
:thumbup: I think you were very clever to express it that way. I owned two Highlines, one SXT, and one R/T, before I found a used SRT-4 worth buying. The "normal" Neons made me appreciate
the engine and suspension that makes the SRT-4 unique.

However, the "cost of ownership" tunes me into the fact, that it's not a good daily driver. :cry:
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 am

theColonel wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:
:thumbup: I think you were very clever to express it that way. I owned two Highlines, one SXT, and one R/T, before I found a used SRT-4 worth buying. The "normal" Neons made me appreciate

However, the "cost of ownership" tunes me into the fact, that it's not a good daily driver. :cry:
Uhh what? Its still a neon and still cheap. You should pick up a Evo or S2000. SRT-4's are cheap as hell to mod and maintain compared to those cars.
I agree though alsey_seven, I have been pretty active in the local community which is pretty much dead @ this point and I have come across quite a bit of owners like you have mentioned. Just tune into SRT-4 junkies on FB and there are quite a bit of them on there. No respect.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:01 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:Uhh what? Its still a neon and still cheap. You should pick up a Evo or S2000. SRT-4's are cheap as hell to mod and maintain compared to those cars.
Cheaper than a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, or Ferrari to own also :rofl:
05 Dodge SRT-4

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Well yeah of course, but that's an entire different story. But I do agree with this 110%:
I think you were very clever to express it that way. I owned two Highlines, one SXT, and one R/T, before I found a used SRT-4 worth buying. The "normal" Neons made me appreciate
Don't quote me on this but I would say the owners that have never owned a non SRT neon seem to have no respect for any other neon. But there are exceptions of course. Age/personality really comes into play too.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:12 pm

I was very happy with my previous Neons and just wanted one more before DCX stopped making them. The SRT being a limited edition pretty much made up my mind about buying another Neon.

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:55 pm

There's a couple local guys that are the same way. Some of them won't even talk to you even if you have the same car, it's quite funny actually.

For the most part though, the crowd around here is pretty good. Probably cause there's not that many of us
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 am

Johny wrote:There's a couple local guys that are the same way. Some of them won't even talk to you even if you have the same car, it's quite funny actually.

For the most part though, the crowd around here is pretty good. Probably cause there's not that many of us
There's you, me, and brandon. LOL

There's quite a few cool neon people, fewer decent SRT people. Once again, I don't know a lot of SRT owners (that didn't have a reg neon prior) that aren't pricks.

but now that I'm boosted, my car is the shit and is better than everyone elses. FUCK YOUR FERRARI/GTR/SUPRA :banghead:
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 am

Yup, most are retards.
-John

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 am

ThatKevin wrote:...but now that I'm boosted, my car is the **** and is better than everyone elses. **** YOUR FERRARI/GTR/SUPRA :banghead:
:withstupid:

:rofl:

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:43 pm

yeah, the MN neons crew is pretty understanding. not a whole lot of them defferentiate between the different models as far as one being more elite than another. that being said, we have one of the larger neon followings in the nation though. i mean i organize our fall cruise and we usually turn up like 15-20 cars just for that.

rw44
2GN Member

Post by rw44 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 pm

I never thought of it that way. I owned an sxt before my srt and was 1 of maybe 5-10 to own one in my area for a few years, then new owners with no respect starting coming out of the wood works. Most of them ex honda owners, first car, or truck guys.

cook2790
2GN Member

Post by cook2790 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Idk if this has anything to do with what car they're driving... People don't realize it but a large amount of the population consists of people who suck.
-Cameron

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:41 pm

The best way to find out if an srt owner is a douche or not..

Say these three words "Hey, Nice Neon"

You will know right then and there if they are a douche or not :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 am

Haganracing wrote:Say these three words "Hey, Nice Neon"
Well thanks- we have the same taste in cars. :lol:

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 am

Haganracing wrote:The best way to find out if an srt owner is a douche or not..

this. 100% lol
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:56 am

:lildick:

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 pm

X4 .... :thumbup:
05 Dodge SRT-4

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:52 pm

I have an "I <3 My Neon" sticker on the back window of my car.

Some guy at the dragstrip I go to came up and said "Hey man, that's not a neon. That's an SRT".

I looked at him, rolled my eyes, and said whatever dude lol.

He told me to find ONE piece of information that says the SRT is a neon. I told him you don't need a piece of paper to use common sense.

He got PISSED.. Also didn't help that I walked his car all the way down the track before we talked :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

cook2790
2GN Member

Post by cook2790 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:59 pm

I believe it was marketed as a neon at the dealership. As an srt4 trim level, no?
I could be wrong of course..

If I had an srt4, my "bumper" sticker would read, "it's just a neon..."
-Cameron

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:29 pm

cook2790 wrote:I believe it was marketed as a neon at the dealership. As an srt4 trim level, no?
I could be wrong of course..

If I had an srt4, my "bumper" sticker would read, "it's just a neon..."
Not all SRT-4's are Neons ... this "POS" is also included :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

05 Dodge SRT-4

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Wait...so you went to a meet and kept telling the SRT guys "It's just a neon. It's just a neon"? I'd find that annoying just for the repetitiveness.

The problem is, you don't understand that this is not just SRT4 owners, but new 'enthusiasts' as a whole. Go to any meet, and I can guarantee that you will find people just like that who believe if you aren't driving their car, then fuck you. Hell, look at Facebook car groups, Johny knows exactly what I'm talking about with his little Canada car group. There are always those few people who are "Fuck that car. Fuck you. Fuck them." mentality. Those aren't enthusiasts. They're dbags who think they like cars.

Unfortunately, it just happened to be some SRT owners for you this time. I've had plenty of VW, Subaru, Honda, hell even fucking mustang people with that same mentality. Does that mean everyone is? no. I can guarantee there are plenty of SRT drivers who are actually enthusiasts. You just gotta find the ones who actually appreciate CARS , and not their fucking 'scene' status.

Return to “Off-Topic”