someone elses project but my hands

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
chew*
2GN Member

someone elses project but my hands

Post by chew* » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Just gonna post photos....
Last edited by chew* on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.
But don't street race..!!??

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Yes photos were taken with a potato. Dont like it? buy me a pineapple. Ill try that next.

05 SXT ATX to 04 MTX SRT

And last but least this visited other day for a exhaust patch job till a new hahn downpipe comes in

If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:12 pm

The srt front looks good on an r/t. And the sleeper looks great (If only I had the dough). Not sure what you swapped but it looks like everything except susp.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 am

Yep everything but struts, ditched srt stockers with spacers for bbs so can use easier to aquire and cheaper to purchase struts.

Also gives more options tire wise.

Not to mention we scored back to back bbs sets...ones no tires are mine. Ill take a shot of his, they are on car now. 260 both sets one set came with tires.

Cant believe people pay retarded money for them. I can find dirt cheap no curb rash.

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:37 pm

I saw a guy that wanted 1200+ for mint acr bbs. crazy guy. And a guy around town wanted $360 for some 15' vw bbs or trade for srt wheels. My friend contacted him but he wanted the trade plus 200 cash. I didnt get it.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 am

Took it for a quick test. Vaccum lines are factory setup. Pcm controlled boost. Did a 3rd gear pull from a roll. Pegged 15 psi spun and rear of car wanted to go straight while front wanted to go right of the road so I let off and parked it.

Clutch looks new has a lot of meat but feels a little weak grab wise to me, its a sachs. Maybe im just used to my stage 3 centerforce. Trans has new pivot ball, new oem srt tob, agp forged stainless fork, agp third gear extender. Quite a few mods went in, most were reliabilty items.

shift fork was junk, gaff welded prior had a stock neon tob. Its very possible it damaged clutch or was not broken in properly but at least trans shifts good.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”