WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
getcrunk88
2GN Member

WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by getcrunk88 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Its been raining here in pa for 4 days straight and i hate it and i also hate that my car looks like a dam pond, i need help badly this has never happend to me b4 but i have 2 wet rear seats mostly the drivers side rear seat and a SOAKED drivers side floor had about 1/2 inch of water in there and the passenger side floor was wet the door seals all look ok and the roof wasnt wet at all..... I cant locate the dam leak and it pissin me off that it wont stop raining has this happend to anybody b4? pleas if anybody has any advice pls let me know TIA

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Check your spare tire well, too. Your tail light gaskets may be the culprit. I replaced my trunk seal thinking that was the problem because it had a chunk missing but it didn't help. Finally I put a garden hose on my roof and let it run down the back while I crawled into the trunk from the back seats with a flashlight. the water was literally pouring in around the passenger tail light. You can either silicone them or purchase new gaskets from the dealer. I prefer the gaskets because silicone is a bitch to remove. the gaskets will run abuot $20. (pair) (If that's the problem) From what I've read on here it's fairly common. The water runs along the side of the trunk and under the seats then fills your rear floorboards etc.
Item Number MSRP
5303476AB $6.85

GASKET TAIL LAMP
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:49 pm

check the seal around the back window

mike9fore
2GN Member

Post by mike9fore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:49 am

occasional demons wrote:Check your spare tire well, too. Your tail light gaskets may be the culprit. I replaced my trunk seal thinking that was the problem because it had a chunk missing but it didn't help. Finally I put a garden hose on my roof and let it run down the back while I crawled into the trunk from the back seats with a flashlight. the water was literally pouring in around the passenger tail light. You can either silicone them or purchase new gaskets from the dealer. I prefer the gaskets because silicone is a bitch to remove. the gaskets will run abuot $20. (pair) (If that's the problem) From what I've read on here it's fairly common. The water runs along the side of the trunk and under the seats then fills your rear floorboards etc.
Item Number MSRP
5303476AB $6.85

GASKET TAIL LAMP

This is more likely!!! I noticed this last year, real easy fix with new seals

'92 Pontiac Bonneville SE (DD)
'03 Pontiac Grand-Am (Wifey's Car)

-Devil-
2GN Member

Post by -Devil- » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 am

99% sure it will be the rear tail light gaskets ... get some new seals .. and to be for certain .. put a bead of silicon between them and the body before installing .. and the leak should be gone ...

there is a more rare leak that is the rear window ... but most commonly it is the tail lights ...

ChrisRT
2GN Member

Post by ChrisRT » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:40 am

Anyone have a leak from the front passenger side?
"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." - Ansel Adams

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited
2010 Jeep Wrangler 6spd/3.73's

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am

mike9fore wrote:This is more likely!!! I noticed this last year, real easy fix with new seals
+1

My passenger side tail lamp was leaking. I ended up doing both sides for the hell of it. Problem solved (well, after sucking all the water out of my spare tire well with a Shop-vac.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:16 pm

ChrisRT wrote:Anyone have a leak from the front passenger side?
is the leak up by the firewall and runs down at the feet area

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Re: WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 am

getcrunk88 wrote:Its been raining here in pa for 4 days straight and i hate it and i also hate that my car looks like a dam pond
I'm in PA and i hear ya... never had a problem w/ a leak in my car until the past few days of rain. the rear passenger floor was all wet. I wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't picked up my CD case.

I checked the trunk and it seemed all dry and no where else in the car was wet... so i guess i prolly be picking up the tail light gaskets. Heh i was wondering why my car smelled kinda weird the rain prolly came through the trunk and w/ all the car cleaning crap that spilled in the carpet of the trunk prolly caused a bit of a smell.
Last edited by 2k1MotorSport on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Scott

ChrisRT
2GN Member

Post by ChrisRT » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:16 am

evilneon02 wrote:
yup!
"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." - Ansel Adams

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited
2010 Jeep Wrangler 6spd/3.73's

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:37 pm

ChrisRT wrote:
evilneon02 wrote:
yup!
do you use ur a/c? do you have a sunroof?

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”