MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Post by occasional demons » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Better to have rained on his parade, than his neon! :D
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm
But doesn't that cut the visibility of the fog lights? I like fog lights since they illuminate the road better for me while not blinding oncoming drivers.
My black housing headlamps were blinding people since I had random people shine their brights at me, turns out they were aimed up high. Never thought about adjusting them, so I adjusted them down. No issues since with people flashing their brights at me.

Honestly I don't run the foglamps much until I do this rewire: https://www.kinnettickreations.com/mfs-relay-rewire
The factory MFS just has too much going to it. I had to replace my MFS switch due to getting melted on my old SRT-4. The OEM harness connector looked bad but still worked. I think the more you use the brights and fogs the more chance it will heat things up? That rewire looks to be the fix. Not really concerned about output since I don't plan on doing HID's ever on my Neon. I think a nice sylvania silverstar is good enough for me.
The aftermarket foglamps are just for looks and to tie in with my black housing hedlamps.

I have been tossing around the idea of putting stone white eyelids on my ride like this one

Its a 5050 for me:
Gives the front end a mean, sinister look.
But then I feel it is kind of ricey. Sticking a piece of fiberglass on your headlamp.
I ran the fiberglass ones on my silver car and I think it just looks so killer.
But I love the clean look without them.
I feel adding them makes others think you are more of a toolbag trying to make your neon look angry.

I had one fly off on the interstate because I used the wrong type of double sided tape and it was funny and pathetic at the same time when it happened. Then when I got to my destination I look at the headlamp and you see tape on there. Kind of like a bald man who wears a wig and it flies off on a windy day. How embarassing to know that you got a wig and tried to cover up your bald head in the first place instead of just letting it shine.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm

The comb over flapping in the wind is just as bad. :lol:

It's like a dead bird on the road, and the wind keeps lifting one wing.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:01 am

http://www.lggpr.org/ Canceled until next month due to a ton of rain and flooding. Oh well, more time to get things ready. Plus on vacation next week. \:D/

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 am

Decent day yesterday, decided to throw on the 5zigens with the 13 yar old tires. Got new hub centric rings for the wheels since I needed them. Got it on the interstate and the old tires ride pretty smooth I was surprised. Seem to hold air great.
"Racing Drivers Requests Enable ProRacer" LOL! Ordered new closed faced tuner lugs.
Feel like I am back in 2005 with these wheels haha. I like em, but I still like my RPF1's better.

Oh I weighed them too with tires. tires vary in weight depending on style and compound etc. RPF1's have 235/45/17. ProRacer have 225/45/17

RPF1=40.4lbs
ProRacer=43.8lbs

Not much of a different.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

Return to “Progress/Project Log”